• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 1,424 Views, 130 Comments

Friendship is Revolution - ultiville



These documents present the adventures of Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, in a different human world than the one she found through the mirror.

  • ...
24
 130
 1,424

PreviousChapters Next
Friendship is Awesome

Twilight scrambles to her hooves. She's shocked for a moment, but then can't help but grin.

"Ohmigosh, Rainbow!" She bounces like Pinkie Pie, then collapses on her friend. Rainbow stirs and turns to look at her.

"Geez, Twi, can't a girl nap in peace?" She looks around, and her look of annoyance fades. "Wait, where in Tartarus are we?"

"Not Tartarus or Equestria," Twilight says, "oh I'm so glad you're here, I've missed you girls so much!"

Rainbow Dash wriggles out from under her and sits up, looking at her strangely.

"What are you talking about? I just saw you, uh, well...it wasn't long ago, I'm sure!"

"I guess you don't remember how you got here either?"

"Nggg, I guess not," Rainbow says, face scrunched up. "That's freaky, Twi. I remember Tirek and your awesome castle and a bit after that but then it just sorta all gets fuzzy. What the hay?"

"I don't know, but I've been here for months," she looks at her sidelong, "you're not a robot, right?"

"What?"

"I just need to make sure," Twilight says, "let me check your side for a minute."

"I always knew you were into me," Dash smirks. Twilight rolls her eyes and presses her magic on Rainbow's barrel, where the switch used to be on her own. Despite checking most of her midsection, she doesn't find anything.

"That tickles. Also it's weird," Dash complains.

"Sorry. I guess I should explain," Twilight says, and does so. It takes some time.

"And right before I went to bed, your doll fell off the dresser, then I woke up and you were there. Wait a minute," she looks around for the plush, but it's nowhere to be found.

"Ugh," Rainbow says, "you got to start out as a robot and I had to start out as a lame doll? That's rough."

"Look on the bright side," Twilight says, "at least you're way cooler compared to what used to be here."

"Yeah, good point!" Dash perks up. "So, just so we're clear: we're in a strange world full of weird flesh creatures, they're bucking the whole place up, and one of them tried to kill you."

"Well, most of them are very friendly! And they made some stuff that's really wonderful too!"

"Oh come on," Dash says, "what in the world could be worth all the stuff you told me they screwed up? Also, they tried to kill you."

"I'm not happy about that. But I guess I didn't tell you about television and refrigeration! Or the Internet! I guess the Internet's only mostly good, but it's so easy to get information!"

"Great," Rainbow rolls her eyes, "they made a better library. Only you could possibly consider that a fair trade."

"You don't understand! There's so much information there, about everything! They have millions of articles just about us!"

"They have articles...about us? How do they know about us? I'd never even heard of a human before you told us about that mirror world."

"Uh...there's a television program about us here. It's like movies, except there are more of them, and they're shorter."

"Wait, they're about us? And there are millions of articles about them? That's--"

"I know," Twilight shakes her head, "it freaked me out too."

"Are you kidding? There are millions of articles about me? That's awesome! Show me!"

Twilight sighs and levitates the tablet over. She opens Google and types in Rainbow's name.

"Whoa," Dash says, looking on, "that's some serious magic even for you. How come you never made one of these in Ponyville?"

"Because it isn't magic, it's some kind of machine. Humans can't use magic at all. Remember how I said getting all the energy for it was messing up their air?"

"Oh yeah, should we stop using it?"

"We aren't using anywhere near enough to make a difference, it's fine. I'm going to try to make a spell to fix it anyway, I bet you can help. Anyway, look!"

The tablet's a bit slow, and the results have just now come up: a list of links relating to the pegasus.

"What am I looking at?" Dash asks. "I see my name a lot."

"Each of those underlined sentences is an article, if you press on it, it'll take you to the full thing. Look," Twilight presses her nose on one of the links, and a picture of a vinyl Rainbow Dash figurine appears.

"They've got toys of me? Awesome! Though it doesn't look much like me. Bring the list back, I want to check this out!"

Soon Rainbow Dash has the hang of using the tablet, despite the slight awkwardness of having to use her nose to interact with the screen. She clicks every link, and Twilight rolls her eyes as she basks in the new-found fame.

"Oh, hey, related searches. 'Rainbow Dash r34', what does that mean?"

"Err," Twilight says, "you don't want to know."

"Yeah, right," Rainbow rolls her eyes, "you didn't even think to tell me I was famous here, what do you know about what I want to look at?" She presses the related search, then the first link to pop up.

"Don't blame me," Twilight says as the tablet loads.

"Wha...what?" Dash looks at the images and pauses. Twilight tenses, then Dash breaks out laughing.

"They...they drew porn of me? This is hilarious! And totally not what I look like, but come on, why wouldn't you show me this? This stuff is amazing!"

"You don't mind that humans drew all this stuff? You look half-human in that one! And in that one you're mating with one!"

"Eh," Rainbow says, pressing her head against the bedroll to clear up the tears of laughter, "not like I haven't thought about the Wonderbolts like that. And Spike told me about those Daring Do stories you wrote before we knew she was a real pony."

"He'd better hope I never make it back to Equestria," Twilight murmurs.

"So yeah, they're just fans," Dash shrugs.

"I freaked out when I found out there was stuff like that of me," Twilight admits.

"Wait, you too?"

"There're actually more of me," Twilight blushes.

"Okay, now I know humans are crazy," Dash shakes her head, "that's just wrong. I'm going to have to fix that."

"How do you plan to do that?"

"I dunno, I'll figure it out. But uh, Twi, you're the big planner here...what are we going to do about the important stuff? I can't exactly work a bar like you; I'm awesome, but carrying trays isn't what these wings are for."

"Yeah," Twilight frowns, "well, I can earn enough to pay for food for both of us. It'll be a bit cozy sharing the bedroll, but I think we can make it work. And I'm so glad to see you, Rainbow. I felt so alone here."

"Well," Dash snickers, "you won't feel alone when you're sleeping with the second-hottest mare on the planet."

"Now I'm forgetting why I missed you."

They both fall, laughing, onto the bedroll. Dash collects herself first.

"You've gotta introduce me to Rachel, too," she says. "We're gonna find that human who shot you, and then he'll have to deal with the Rainbow Dash."

"I think we can do that too, yeah. And I want to talk to you about weather magic, see if we can do something about all this carbon. But Rosie should be here soon to get ready to open the bar. I'll ask her if you can stay. I'm sure she won't mind, but she'll probably want to meet you. And I'll have to work until around 11. Think you'll be able to keep yourself amused here until then? I'd rather show you around myself, this place takes some getting used to."

"Yeah, sure," Rainbow nods, "I've got millions of hilarious images to look through."

Twilight sighs.

PreviousChapters Next