• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 1,424 Views, 130 Comments

Friendship is Revolution - ultiville



These documents present the adventures of Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, in a different human world than the one she found through the mirror.

  • ...
24
 130
 1,424

PreviousChapters Next
June 21 - Decision

I'm so glad RD came, even if it wasn't the pleasant visit we'd expected. That message from "Shades" shook me so much. I don't know who he is, or what he knows, or thinks he knows about me. I'm still terrified, though, even though she did her best to calm me down. I guess maybe I should start at the beginning though. Not much point in a thought-organizing tool where all the thoughts are out of order.

I left off right after I saw the message, when RD knocked. I just collapsed on her and started crying as soon as she came in. I couldn't even tell her what was in the message, it had me so shaken. It's just been too much these last few days, and doing table service with all those fans and local leader, my stress was already high. I had to bring the tablet over and show her the message on that.

I was so concerned he did know something, some secret about me. The gap in my memory...I still don't know what it could mean. And is "Shades" the same person that reported me "stolen"? RD didn't think these worries were unreasonable.

I admit, I wasn't trying to hide my identity. Obviously not while working the bar; that was the point, of course. But I wasn't trying to hide it on the Internet either. I spent some time on the same site where he messaged me, last night, commenting on some of the dumber posts. RD told me most humans stay anonymous online and that might have been unwise. I had no idea, though, and it's done. Besides, it was a great stress reliever, until I got that message.

So the conclusion was: I was open enough about myself, online and off, that we couldn't be sure if this was related or not. Also that the message was really creepy. Okay, that's more editorializing than a useful conclusion. But even though we were up for hours thinking about it, we couldn't come up with much more.

That's a bit unfair. We talked about it for about half an hour before we realized we weren't getting anywhere. We decided that RD would try to trace the message through work, but still couldn't decide if I should meet him as requested, or not. So we gave it up as a bad job and spent a few hours watching movies to try to calm down.

It obviously only sort of worked, but the movies were interesting, anyway. We were limited by what Rosie had purchased on her video service, and it was a mixed bag. First we watched something called Doctor Strangelove which RD had only heard a little about, but knew it was a classic comedy. I'll just say it was Rosie's kind of humor, less mine.

RD apologized, which seemed unnecessary to me, though I guess the movie hadn't improved my mood. Then she suggested Love, Actually, which she also hadn't seen, but had heard enough about to be confident I'd like. She was right on that one, though it made me a bit sad, too. Not just because some of the stories were sad, but because it still irks me that between the Internet and that human Flash Sentry, only bipeds seem to have any romantic interest in me. But it was a cute movie, even if RD had to pause it and explain a lot of the cultural jokes, and somehow by the end I felt better even about that.

We were both tired, so all that was left was to decide whether to meet "Shades" on the roof tomorrow. Finally we decided I probably should, if just because staying away forever would involve going into hiding, which I don't want to do. RD agreed to come along to make sure he (or she, I guess, though RD is convinced from the tone of the message that it's a man) doesn't try anything. She's apparently also got some kind of special equipment built in to some of her gear, and is planning to record the conversation.

I'm not sure I'll have time to write another entry before the meeting; I can see the sky getting light out the window, so saying "it's late" is no longer really accurate. And I have a shift beforehand, and don't want to let Rosie down. Well, that, and it's just as well to keep my mind off it. I'd probably just stress myself out if I had nothing to do all day but dread midnight.

Going to get some sleep now, then. Hopefully the next entry starts on a happy note.

This is the final entry in the journal. -Ed

PreviousChapters Next