• Published 13th May 2014
  • 2,376 Views, 32 Comments

Twilight's Magic - BubbleyBathTub



When Twilight eventually wakes up, she isn't in her library. She isn't even in Ponyville. With a more minor case of amnesia and lots of questions, it becomes more and more clear, that Twilight isn't sane anymore.

  • ...
17
 32
 2,376

Moon

Princess Luna landed upon the soft grass in front of Twilight's home. She knocked at first, but when no answer came, she came rushing through the door.
"Twilight Sparkle?" She cried, running up the stairs. She searched the house, in a frenzy. Perhaps the Element of Magic is taking a stroll... she thought to herself. At 3-Oclock in the morning...?

The princess stepped out of the empty husk of a library. Perhaps I may find the other elements. Princess Luna took flight to the nearest Element of Generosity. When no one was found, the alicorn cast a clairvoyance spell.
"Help me find the Element of Magic." she said aloud. Her horn only lead her back to the PonyVille's favorite Library.
Luna sighed. "Help me find Twilight Sparkle." Now her horn was leading her to the forest. The Princess started to run, until she realized it was leading her to a cottage.

Twilight was sweeping the floor, with her mouth. Exhausted, she spit the blasted stick out of her mouth.

"Fluttershy? How do you do it? I have splinters in my tongue and my hooves hurt from standing all day. How does Applejack do it?" the unicorn questioned.

"Oh Twilight. I know having magic must be wonderful, but you give Earth ponies and Pegasi too much credit. We've lived without magic all of our lives."

"Ugh." the unicorn grumbled, trying once again to lift the broom with her hooves. "Get, come on!" she said, trying to grip the blasted broom.

"Here, let me help." Fluttershy grabbed the broom in her hooves with practiced ease.

"Twilight Sparkle!" a strong Canterlot voice called from outside. It could only be her favorite princess of the night.

"Princess Luna." Fluttershy said, bowing. "What could possibly have brought you here at this time of night?"

"Twilight Sparkle, are you alright?" the alicorn said, ignoring Fluttershy.

"Well, Princess," Twilight started. "Okay is a relative term..." she nervously laughed, backing up into the door.

Suddenly Twilight was lifted up in Luna's magic. She twirled her around, checking for any signs of damage, when she noticed the odd light on her leg accessory. "What is this? Another one of your fashion items from...." she started, lifting her magic to pry the metal off her leg to inspect it further, when her horn exploded.

Twilight's eyes watered and her entire body was shivering involuntarily. Not only had it exploded, but the shock shredded the last of Twilight's physche. "Please," she muttered. "I just a poor pony, poor pony, poor pony, explain my mare, is it okay?" she said, mumbling the words and slurring them together.

"Oh my," Luna stared while Fluttershy immediately went by the unicorn's side. She crooned over her, having her already sending pets to fetch some water. Fluttereshy whispered soothing things into the lavender unicorn's ear, her soothing voice speaking of daisies and bunnies and other pleasant things to think about.

Rarity had finally her robe on and came to inspect the scene. Fluttershy's pets were shaking and trying to hide. Rarity was shocked to see the very princess of the night to be there as well. Birds flew above her in the air, still hyped from the recent explosion.

"Twilight Sparkle, what impossible thing has forsaken you?" Luna questioned, her large eyes inspecting the damage over the poor pony.

Angel returned, the only one brave enough, with a pan of water. Fluttershy grabbed a towel and dipped it in. She carefully dabbed the unicorns forehead with the warm wet towel. It seemed to calm her down until she jumped again, making Fluttershy's heart skip a beat.

"Perhaps I could have found, but no! The light.... Why? My poor self, I don't care for it. I just wanna be a pony. Instead I am just a poor pony, poor pony, poor pony." Twilight returned, getting stuck in a loop once again. Her eyes were closed tightly and water streamed from them. She shook in Fluttershy's arms, dispite her constantly stroking her mane.

"Wait a second," Rarity turned to the princess. "You didn't know Twilight was getting treated?"

"Treated? Tis' no treatment here! Only treachery." Luna went to softly comfort the mare, only to be sent back with more words.

"Mother! Mother! I have stayed at your side despite your time as Nightmare Moon." the unicorn shouted, with shocking clarity. "Mother!" Twilight shouted, leaping towards the alicorn to kiss upon her feet. "I never forgot about you and now you have come to bless me! I am so glad, I had feared you had forgotten my immortal form!" the unicorn shouted.

"Twilight? What has gotten into you?" Fluttershy asked worryingly.

"Fluttershy, I don't think Twilight is 'Twilight' anymore..." Rarity spoke wearily.

"I know who has forced herself into Twilight's soul." Luna said to not only Twilight, but the wondering mares around her. "She happens to be some pony I know very well."

Hours passed as questions were answered. Everyone was shocked to hear that Celestia had been going to behind Luna's back, her sister of all ponies! Rarity told the tragic story of what had happened with Twilight. Even when Fluttershy was outright bawling, Rarity still trudged through the story, making sure that everything she knew, the princess knew. Even though she was not there for most of it, the simple rumors she heard sent shivers down her spine. The princess, however, remained a stone-like expression throughout the story.

"How... How do you do it?" Fluttershy questioned the princess.

"Do what dear?" Luna asked back, her head tilting very slightly in curiosity.

"Remain so calm... After all that has happened?" Fluttershy asked again, wiping her tears off of her soaking wet coat.

"It is practiced dear. You don't live a thousand years and never learn how to control your emotions." she responded simply. Fluttershy cried some more over her already deep pool of tears. "Even tis' thousand years on a moon." She mumbled almost bitterly.

"What was that?" Fluttershy asked genuinely.

Rarity said, trying to change the subject, "Luna, dear? Who was Twilight back then? The pony you said you knew?" she turned around to see the unicorn on the ground, asleep but appearing to still have nightmares.

"The last I saw of her was decades ago. She used to be just a Pegasus, but now I cannot know for sure. I cannot remember her name, for I have many memories and eventually I forget, but... I could never forget her voice. She was insane, of that I am sure. Back in Canterlot I am sure somewhere I can find a book with her history." Luna cryptically put.

"Um... Princess, how is it that you could even remember that much from so long ago?" Rarity asked.

"She was a serial killer, and she almost murdered me when she was still just a Pegasus."