• Published 13th May 2014
  • 2,376 Views, 32 Comments

Twilight's Magic - BubbleyBathTub



When Twilight eventually wakes up, she isn't in her library. She isn't even in Ponyville. With a more minor case of amnesia and lots of questions, it becomes more and more clear, that Twilight isn't sane anymore.

  • ...
17
 32
 2,376

Please Stop Yelling...

"What?" Twilight shouted, stood up, fell over from pain, and sat back down again.

"Twilight don't do that..." Fluttershy muttered.

"I made a mistake, alright? I was angry for revenge, I had stood in my sister's shadow for long enough! A pegasus offered me more than magic... she offered me power..." Luna stood defensively. "For all of my life I had always just been her shadow..." Luna's voiced grew smaller. Her wings beat, fidgeting with the warm air around her. "It's not like I had never seen the pony before! She was a mailmare, a personal royal servant who was faster maybe then the likes of Rainbow Dash. Her wings were strong and steady, and she was the best on our squad. She saw my troubles... she often comforted me on my worse days. She would find me in my quarters, weeping. I never knew..." her voice trailed off, heavy with memories.

"I know princess... you trust the wrong pony when your desperate." Twilight stood up, despite Fluttershy's advice. "I understand, but... I don't know if I can get out okay... Hell, I don't know if I can make it out alive. I just... am worried. I'm worried for me, I'm worried for the elements, I'm worried for the fate of Equestria. If this pony can live that long on their own, they have to pose a serious threat to you and Celestia."

Luna frowned. "This... mailmare, she did not do it entirely on her own. When she finally convinced me she could help, I started a spell to share power, she was offering the stuff of my dreams! But... when I cast the spell I suddenly felt her presence gathering all of my energy. She stole my magic, and It took the last of my energy to stop the spell. I was too weak to stop her from leaving, forever. She only took a fraction of my magic, and I eventually recovered, but not enough. When I battled Celestia, I was even weaker than before. Perhaps by stealing my magic, she helped Celestia win in the end, and stopped me from destroying her. She was a wonderful and caring pony, even putting herself in danger to cover my rashness. Pegasus holding an alicorn's magic? Downright mad. But things change in the course of a thousand years."

"Luna..." Fluttershy went to comfort the alicorn, but she turned her head away.

"I do not deserve consoling. I have risked the life of a mailmare too kind for words, and turned her to a monster as well. I risked the fate of Equestria, and only Celestia would stop me. And even still she forgives me for these crimes. I indeed am only to rest in her shadow. I deserve the sadness, perhaps it is only the last shred of soul I have left. But, it was all a ruse. She had murdered ponies before and kept a positive image for herself. She was mad before I even could help her. And I prolonged her insanity with my foolishness."

"Princess Luna..." Fluttershy said in her usual soft tone. "Nopony deserves to be sad. I don't care that you that you put someone's life in danger. It is in the past. You should not feel sad for what happened a gazillion years ago, you should be happy that you have friends now that forgive you and love you all that you are, mistakes and all." Fluttershy stood beside the alicorn, brushing against her wing.

"Princess Luna," Twilight started. "I have a plan."

Celestia lifted her head towards the night and brought forth the sun. The shimmering light brought a sense of calm over the princess, her daily ritual relaxing and amazing. Content, the alicorn turned to find her sister as to wish her sweet dreams.

"Lulu?" the alicorn called out, opening the door to her sister's room. She sighed when she noticed her fond sibling was not there. "I have a pretty good guess at where you are Luna. You may play me as a fool, but I will not have you meddling with my affairs." she muttered to herself. Her white wings expanded and she took flight after her rebellious sister.

"Princess Luna." Celestia's voice called from outside the door. Luna flew upright in shock and turned to see then no other than a very angry alicorn at the door.

"Celestia! Oh... is it day already? I should be getting to bed..." Luna said nervously.

"Don't play dumb. I told you not to meddle with my affairs, and I meant it."

"Celestia! You are being unreasonable. Twilight is in critical condition and you are nowhere to be seen! Or is you most faithful student not important?" Luna retorted, flying up in the air to see her sister below.

"Well it seems that I have had more important things to do, such as find our favorite ageless mailmare. It just so happens that 95 ponies in all have either gone missing or been killed, and I know she is behind it. The fate of Equestria is in my hands, and if she gets to much power before I can stop her, she could destroy all of Canterlot."

"So, why don't you get the Elements of Harmony?" Luna asked, and then thought of what she just said.

Celestia just frowned. "As you can tell, the Elements are in no condition to be fighting. Instead I entrust Twilight to possibly the only ponies capable of curing her, and you are blaming me for not paying attention to one pony?! Twilight is my most faithful student, and she is linked to the very thing I am trying to destroy, why would I not try to nip this in the bud?" Celestia rose a few feet to meet Luna's eye level. "Instead, I have to waste my time, finding my sister getting herself too close to the situation, and I have to stop you from ruining everything AGAIN!"

"I'm sorry..." Luna whispered. The blow struck hard against Luna's already guilty conscience.

"Do you know what would happen if you decided to go fight Mrs. Mailmare now? Of course you would run in with no plan, And she would destroy you. She has an ARMY! She would steal your power, again, and then I don't know if I could beat her!"

"Celestia, I wasn't...." Luna started.

Celestia's voice was rising in volume, until all the ponies except Luna were cringing at the shear amount of sound. "You weren't what? Don't tell me you weren't planning to run in there and fight her, that any plan you could have had wouldn't end in defeat. Twilight is in the best hooves she could be in. She is surrounded by forgiving mares that have been with her through thick and thin, and Fluttershy is the most kind mare there is. She doesn't need magic, she needs love. Even I could not give her as much as her five friends who would give anything to help her out."

"But... what about her brace, it's unnecessary and inhumane! It's downright cruel!" Luna shouted back.

"Luna for hell's sake she is a bucking conduit for perhaps the most downright insane pony.... thing we have faced. You just want to leave that unchecked? What if she decides to completely take over Twilight's body, and use her magic against her friends? If she struck down the Elements, there is NO hope. Do you think that I just half-assed all the things I did? I have been working, this whole time against an enemy I have never seen before, never fought before, and you think that I don't have important things to worry about? Twilight might die, and you assume that I am just messing around in my room, doodling on paper?" Celestia's eyes fluttered as she fell from the air, gasping.

"Sister!" Luna cried, reaching for her sister. "Have you not been sleeping again?" she asked worriedly.

"Lulu... there is more important things to be doing than sleeping. I have lived a thousand years, I can always make up for sleep later." Celestia said, rising.

"Celestia?" Twilight's voice came from the corner. She came out, her eyes showing her fear, despite her rigid body.

"Oh Twilight... I am sorry for all of these circumstances, but I cannot sacrifice the safety of my kingdom, even for you." Celestia said, her eyes blinking slowly.

"I understand..." Twilight used all of her will not to back away from the frightening alicorn.

"I am so sorry, I did not mean to scare you like that Twilight... it's just, I have been under so much stress lately. Come, lay under my wing."

Twilight trotted nervously to her teacher and sat next to her. She looked at her teacher, all of her anger melting away into something else. A mixture of regret and sorrow flooded over Twilight.

"I never wanted this to happen. Not to my Twilight." Celestia said. "Never to my Twilight."