• Published 13th May 2014
  • 2,376 Views, 32 Comments

Twilight's Magic - BubbleyBathTub



When Twilight eventually wakes up, she isn't in her library. She isn't even in Ponyville. With a more minor case of amnesia and lots of questions, it becomes more and more clear, that Twilight isn't sane anymore.

  • ...
17
 32
 2,376

Hospital Bed

Author's Note:

This story is write after/in between the episode "Lesson Zero". If you haven't seen it, then I seriously suggest watching it to not only understand the story, but also because it is one of my favorite episodes so far. I have high hopes for this particular story, so keep in touch for more chapters.

"Princess Celestia, Wait! How did you know I was in trouble?"

"You're friend Spike made me aware you were letting your fears get the best of you." Celestia said as Spike peeked through the door way.

And after learning that you should take your friends worries seriously, Spike wrote a letter to Princess.

And the day seemed to finish, just like another day in Equestria should. With a letter to the princess and ending with a smooth cup of chai tea.

Twilight, after her friends leave for the night, sits down. She levitates a cup of tea, lifting the small cup to her lips. The tea stays at the bottom, even as Twilight shakes it vigorously. Appalled at the discovery, Twilight stands up and goes to find her notepaper.

"Wait..." Twilight lifts objects with her magic, only to find her paper was not there. "Spike!" she calls her companion, her "go to guy" when she ever wanted anything found, done or researched here in the library.

"What?" Twilight turns around to see Spike much larger than her. He stood almost as tall as the bookshelves.

"Spike? Why are you so large?" Twilight asked. "Did you drink some potion?"

"Twilight, I'm not a LITTLE KID ANYMORE!" Spike shrieks in rage.

Twilight find herself unable to breathe, the pressure building up in her chest. Spike strangles her. "Spike!" she screams.

"She's in shock." a mare in the other room says.

"Get off of me!" Twilight screams. The mare comes up to Twilight's ear, and whispers.

"Everything is okay." she laughs.

"Spike!" Twilight screams to find herself strapped to a hospital bed. My heart rate is abnormally high, Twilight thinks to herself. She closes her eyes, and slows her breathing. The soft beep of the machine quietly nags her. With a burst of magic, the machine explodes into flames and falls over onto the white floor. The fire dies out quickly, but the beeping takes a few moments to finally stop. Twilight closes her eyes, still struggling with the dream that had seemed so real, it seemed so normal and comfortable.

The dream was picture perfect.

Wherever Twilight was, it seemed to be the opposite of that. It was dark, uncameraworthy. The small glimpses of distant shapes fuzzy and unrecognizable In the dim light of this place. Surely it is something more... She thought. Twilight had excellent vision. The shapes were blurred by not darkness alone.

The only source of light is the tiny slit between the curtains. Daylight slowly streaks through the opening, landing on the wall opposite of Twilight. It seems warm, like the warm feeling of picnic. Twilight slowly took in this small pleasure, watching the small band of light wave with the curtains. Experimentally, Twilight opens the curtains slowly. When the curtains barely open, a beam of light lands on the side of the mare's foreleg, burning a straight gash across right leg. Twilight gasps and drops the curtain, leaving the room in complete darkness once more. No more summer picnics for me... Twilight jokes with herself, only to immediately feel sadness wash over her. No more watching Rainbow dash fly in her loops. In fact, no more rainbows. And all while Twilight sits there, trying to think of what a world without sunlight could possibly mean. Twilight thinks of opening the curtain once more but she decides against it immediately.

It is only minutes until an attendant comes into the room. The mare shakes her head and lifts and replaces the annoying machine.

"I don't want that... " Twilight tries to say, but it comes out in jumbled pieces of words. She tries again, only to have the nurse panick a bit quickly finish and leave hastily. What she really needed was water, her mouth dry and her tongue a useless piece of muscle sitting in the way of speech.

Twilight Sparkle lifts her head to examine her body strapped down. All over her body are scabs and bruises. She has the unhealed gash across her leg also. I look aweful, Most of them do not hurt, but the unicorn cannot decide if that is a good thing or bad thing. Either her wounds are severe enough to have cut all nerve cell fuction, or she is fine. Either or. She inspects each scrape, hoping for the best, but still expecting the worst.

Bored, Twilight then directs her attention to the ceiling, where a dark maned Pegasus hovers, staring...

"Quit that," Twilight says, annoyed. "Who are you?"

The pegasus just laughs. "The question is, who am I not?"

What a nonsense question, Twilight thinks. Not at all amused by the pegasus, Twilight decides to narrow her options a bit.

Twilight frowns, "You aren't some version of me, are you? Stalking and commenting on my choices, because that could get annoying fast."

"Annoying?" The Pegasus screeches. "I have unfathomable power of the darkness that surrounds your dreams. I am in the corners of the shadows Luna wouldn't dare to temper with. Perhaps she should not take lightly the very element that your body choose to embrace. Need I remind you?" the Pegasus accents her statement by slightly opening the curtains, sending waves of pain through Twilight's body. She closes the curtains, to Twilight's relief, and floats above the unicorn.

This pony is more self involved than I thought. Twilight decides the mares intentions, or even her name are not that important. The more important thing is that she is tied to a hospital bed.

"Then why are you here?" Twilight asks, her curious side showing.

"Just welcoming you to the family." the Pegasus laughs. She waves goodbye and walks into the halls. Twilight hears shrieks down the way she went. Well, at least I'm not insane, hallucinating on a bed. Or maybe she was... Just not the pony. At this point, she can't be sure of anything. She can't be sure that this is even a hospital. Despite its looks, Twilight can sense a darker magic weaving its way throughout the place.

"At last I am rid of that crazy mare!" Twilight laughs loudly, when a doctor walks in the open door. What a convenient outburst. And, so unlike me... Twilight stops, and turns to the stallion. The doctor comes and gets a large red pill from the cabinet. He then helped (well, forced really) the pill down Twilight's throat. Checking his watch, he left. Thanks for the conversation there mystery pony. See you next hour? Sitting there, watching the minutes go by, she felt the drug. It felt awful. She could feel the effects coursing through her veins. The shapes blurred once again, into messy colors. Twilight tried to vomit, but without the help of her hooves, she could not. The straps were covered in spells, redone each day at sunrise. Twilight could try to dispell it, but the intricate weaving done, would result in the strap exploding. Twilight knew this with past experience, and it hurt. Twilight stopped, how... The question hung into the air. She briefly remembered panicking, throwing magic... Twilight squinted subconsciously as she tried to make out her memory. It ended with a needle, and more lie dreams. That, the unicorn was sure of.

She watched the clock, until 15 minutes had passed. Then the doctor came with the unicorn in her memory. They let her out of the straps. Twilight sat up quickly, too quickly, and fell onto the ground. While the unicorn re-worked his magic on the bed, 5 mares came in through the door. The room was comfortable enough. Well, the floors anyway, where Twilight would be staying for at least five minutes.

"Twilight, I can't believe that happened..." Rainbow Dash started. Her voice choked up.

"I can't eith... " the words came out wrong. Twilight cleared her throat and tried again. "I can't either. I almost didn't have anything to send the Princess. Thank goodness she didn't mind." Twilight sighs with relief. Wait... She knew those were lies. Twilight moved without permission, it seemed the drug had somehow... Taken control of Twilight, making her think erratic thoughts. Her muscles moved involuntarily, sending her chin to the ground. Perhaps this is how I had gotten most of my bruises. She thought.

Rarity then started to cry. Fluttershy then by her side, stroking her mane.
"Twi, that's not exactly how it happened." Applejack said. "After ya put that spell on your doll... It only went downhill." Applejack stopped, not wanting to go into detail. "You killed seven ponies Twilight..."

"You killed Scootaloo! Twilight!" Rainbow Dash screamed. "You ripped her apart with your own fucking magic! You ... You monster!"

Twilight looks up, smiling, "I did, did I?" Twilight laughed. She threw her head back and rolled on the floor and laughed. Her mind jumping to random thoughts. Her conscious mind now foggy and unaware, STOP, stop... stop. It whispered.

Pinkie then started to fume. Her hair was beyond straight anytime Twilight had seen it. Pinkie looked so close to tearing Twilight apart with own two hooves. "I need to get some fresh air." Pinkie said, walking out to the reception area.

"Yeah," the yellow maned mare interjected. "We could use some light too.." Twilight shrieked when she saw Fluttershy heading toward the curtains. It too was involuntary. Even so, the Pegasus pulled the curtains halfway, and upon hearing a blood-curdling scream, she instinctively pulled them closed again. She turned around to see the purple pony on the ground, with her hooves on her muzzle, shivering and practically burning. Bits and pieces of the mare were black and falling off, the rest was already scabbed over and oozing liquid. Rarity threw up into the trash can, and Fluttershy grew nauseous, and almost fainted. Rainbow Dash wanted to throw up.
Twilight looked up. "Don't do that again you fucking idiot." Her mane dishelved and her eyes angry. Fluttershy only meant well. Even though she was a stupid pony who never helped anypony but a bunch of filthy animals. Twilight got up and casually walked out the door. Wait apologize!
"Miss!" the doctor called after her. Soon the group saw ponies chasing down the way Twilight went.
"Do you think we should go help?" Applejack asked cautiously.
Rainbow dash angrily responds, "I think we have seen enough of Twilight for today."

=======

Standing on a balcony, a white alicorn sits. Looking up at the night sky, perhaps thinking.
"Sister, why do you lay there? What illness has fallen over our kingdom?" Luna asks her sister. "What could possibly worry you so to the point that you shall not come inside?"
Celestia closes her eyes and bows her head. "Perhaps you are right." she says, lifting herself off the ground. "It is probably nothing. I just... Twilight is late to send me her letter."