• Published 13th May 2014
  • 2,376 Views, 32 Comments

Twilight's Magic - BubbleyBathTub



When Twilight eventually wakes up, she isn't in her library. She isn't even in Ponyville. With a more minor case of amnesia and lots of questions, it becomes more and more clear, that Twilight isn't sane anymore.

  • ...
17
 32
 2,376

The Sand Biome

Down the hallway the unicorn runs, with perhaps the entire hospital behind her. Just as one pony barely swipes his hoof across her mane, her horn glows and she teleports. Ponies scatter around the hospital.

In a different, dark room Twilight pops into existence.
"That was a close one," Twilight whispers to herself. She peeks out the door window, seeing ponies run past the closet she is in now. Twilight makes herself comfortable. I'll be in here for a while, Twilight thinks. She positions herself on the top shelf, and gathers the sheets and blankets to make a nest. She makes sure no pony who even comes into the closet will see anything but stacks of hospital beddings. With nothing better to do, Twilight goes to sleep.

------------

"We checked everywhere!" Twilight was awoken by the sound of voices outside the closet.

"She can't be outside the hospital!" a stallion says. "You need to find her within an hour before sundown, or this entire facility could be jeopardized!"

"I'm sorry, sir, but everypony is exhausted." the mare says. "Can't we just call reinforcements in the morning?"

"NO!" he says. "No... This particular pony happens to be very dangerous. If we don't find her and contain her, then all of Equestria could be in danger!"

"Alright," the mare says with a hint of exhaustion.

Twilight hears the tapping of hooves that slowly get quieter. One hour... Twilight thinks. She is almost free, from this terrible place with beeping machines. With attendants who only scream. Away from this stupid place with doctors tying her into beds. Drugging her into states of mind that make her mind foggy and mad. She felt sorry for her friends. She didn't know what happened. But whatever she did, Twilight knew she could never had purposely hurt her friends.

"Did you check in here?" She heard a stallion outside say. Oh no, it sounded close. Twilight froze, not breathing, not daring the chance to be caught.

Twilight heard the door open. Dim light came through her shelter of sheets. Twilight didn't dare blink, scared of the chance he could hear her.

"She's not in here," the stallion started.

"She might be in the sheets!" a mare shouted. "Check under goddamn plates, look under trashcans! We can't afford to not find her!"

Before Twilight could think, her shelter fell down, and her eyes met the pearly blue of the stallion. Her fell over himself backwards, as Twilight leaped out of the closet, and ran.

Damn, Twilight was slow from hours of being in a small space. Her legs cramped, and she hurt everywhere from withdrawal of that fucking drug they put her on. Even so, adrenaline coursed throughout her body, pushing harder then ever before.

It was not long until Twilight was cornered by the ponies. Her mind exploded, and she felt things dragging at her feet, but she teleported away. She teleports into another victims room. She hears the mare cry softly. Twilight quickly unbuckled the straps and the mare slowly stands up. Just a filly, Twilight thinks.

"Thank you," the small pink filly says.

Twilight does not respond, instead drawing the curtains with upmost caution. Outside she seeing the purples of sunset. She sticks her hoof, only after a few moments, it begins to burn. Close, it's still lethal outside, but soon.

"What's your name?" Twilight asks.

"Diamond Tiara." the small filly responds.

"Come with me." Twilight says.

"But, I'm just a filly! I'm sure you don't Want little kids with you all the time."

Twilight checks the light level again, this time only minor stinging in her hoof. "Fine, stay here." Twilight opens the window and starts to climb out. "Who are you staying for?"

Diamond Tiara pauses. "Nopony." she realizes. she comes and hops out the window.

Twilight lifts the earth pony onto her back. "Good choice." she says. Together, they ride into the night. The small filly eventually falls asleep when the moon is high into the sky. Still, Twilight rides, eventually till she can't see the facility. The dark desert is shivering cold, and Tiara's shivers cant be felt on the unicorn's back. It is just about sunrise when Twilight stops to wake the filly.

"What?" Diamond Tiara says. She jerks when she realizes that she is in the middle of the desert.

"You can stand the sunlight? Right?" Twilight asks.

"Well, yeah... " Tiara says, confused.

"Good, because I can't."

"Is that why you have... " She trails off, not wanting to acknowledge the mares poor condition.

"Yes, as you can see, it hurts." Twilight pauses. "A lot. I need you to make sure that I don't burn in the sun, okay? I think if I bury myself, then I'll be fine. But I need you to dig me back out when the sunsets. All the way. I suggest you mark where my body lies. I trust you, okay? Don't die, get some water, and mark my body, got it?"

"Yeah..." the filly says, looking at the sun. She turns around to see Twilight already digging a hole. "Are you sure you'll be alright... Without air?"

"Yes, I'll replicate a stone spell, kinda like the one we put on Discord. Except extremely easier to break out of. If Discord could live like that for years without air or water, I think I can manage a few hours." she said reassuringly, "When I bury myself, I'll cast the spell. Throw sand on top of me, so no light can touch me. Can you do that?"

"I think so." Diamond Tiara says, nervous. She watches as Twilight solidifies, and then starts pushing sand on top of the Pony, extremely nervous that the unicorn wont be alright. She promised though... After the pony was completely covered, Diamond Tiara started to look around. She would have to look far to see any water. She looked back at the pile of sand. Diamond Tiara then laid her small, reflective tiara onto the pile. For if nothing more, good luck.

Author's Note:

And yes, the great escape! There's even more to come, so sit back, relax, and refresh that browser. Well, not that quickly, I still get cookie breaks. (:::) So hope you enjoyed, and leave som constructive criticism (not just :this is bad) the blunter the better. ;)