• Published 4th Apr 2012
  • 1,186 Views, 36 Comments

Legend of The Crystal Ball - SuperPinkBrony12



Nopony can predict the future, but unfortunately for Pinkie Pie Ponyvillie dosen't know that.

  • ...
3
 36
 1,186

Chapter 7

In case you were wondering no I did not tell The Mayor about how this was all a joke that had gotten out of hoof. I couldn't say no to her, because althoguh she's a very understanding mare who knows how she would take. I just couldn't take that kind of chance. So with a reluctant smile I went out and greeted her.

You know the drill by now so I don't think I need to repeat myself. I introduced myself, escorted her inside, and asked her what she wanted to know. And you would not BELIEVE what she asked me.

"As you probably already know" she said "I am currently running for reelection, I have never really faced any serious opposition in all my previous elections, but this time around there are quite a few ponies who say that I haved served as mayor for long enough, and that it's time I let someone else lead. So I just want to know will I win the upcoming election or will I be defeated and have to step down?"

At that point I pretty much just lost it, there was no way I could even pretend to predict something like that. And if I turned out to be wrong either by saying that she would reelection or that she wouldn't she would likely kill me. "Look Mayor!" said not even bothering to smile any more "I can't tell you how the election will turn out because I don't know! I can't predict the future, I don't why anypony thought that I could! But I guess it just goes to show that my friend Twilight was right, all the ponies in this town including you are crazy! Did you not stop to think that this was obviously a joke?! Did you really think that a pony like me as unpredictable and as random as I am could predict the future?! Or did you just assume that because everypony else believed that I could that you did too?!"

I don't really remember what The Mayor said in response but I do know that she was in a state of shock, I think she might have tried to talk me but I don't know.

All I can remember is that I said to her in response "I've had it with ponies coming to me and asking me to make predicitions, this was suppose to be a joke but you all RUINED IT! Just because I'm the Element of Laughter doesn't mean I can always make other ponies happy! Or did you think that I was incapable of being anything but happy just because of who I am and what I do?! I can't keep lying and telling everpony what they want to hear! I have my limits too you know! So from now on I don't want to hear anything about 'Madame Pinkie Pie' or the future!" And with that I threw my outfit on the ground and ran out of the tent.

No one tried to stop me!