• Published 4th Apr 2012
  • 1,187 Views, 36 Comments

Legend of The Crystal Ball - SuperPinkBrony12



Nopony can predict the future, but unfortunately for Pinkie Pie Ponyvillie dosen't know that.

  • ...
3
 36
 1,187

Chapter 4

It was dark by the time I reached Sugercube Corner. Obviously Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake would be asleep by now, and as for Mr. and Mrs. Cake well they typically stayed up late but for whatever reason that night was not one of those nights. When I walked in the front door the lights were out, and that meant only one thing they were asleep. And in case you were wondering I had left my gypsy outfit back at the tent.

"Tommorrow," I thought "Is when I'll finally get to laugh with my friends at the joke." And with that I crept upstairs to my room and went to bed.

Nothing struck as me unusual the next morning, there was nothing that could've prepared me for what would I go through. I woke up with the sun and I did another one of my funny faces excerises on Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake because something told me I was going to be in a rough day. I actually managed to get a few good laughs out of them without having to hurt myself or dump a sack of flour on myself. After that I had to change their diapers, I'll spare you the details but all you need to know is that I didn't screw it up like I did the first time, and it's still one of my least favorite things to do. Mr. and Mrs. Cake let me feed the twins that morning and I felt so glad to know they trusted me enough to let me handle that responsibility.

After that it was time for me to give Gummy a bath. For a baby alligator he sure attracted a lot of dirt and grime and in case you were wondering I hadn't yet introduced him to Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake, even I knew that baby alligators and baby ponies don't really go together, even if Gummy has no teeth. After discovering that I was fairly good at baby sitting Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake I started using some of my tricks on Gummy. For example whenever the twins disobeyed me they'd come face to face with my "patented Mommy Stare" a little something I'd picked up from Fluttershy. Even though it backfired on me the first time I used it my "Mommy Stare" proved to quite effective at keeping Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake in line, and so I decided to use the same thing on Gummy whenver he disobeyed me. "Gummy stop splashing!" I said with a laugh "My mane is getting soaked." but Gummy kept on splashing. He quickly changed his tune when I gave him my "Mommy Stare".

With that done I headed downstairs to eat breakfast. Mr. and Mrs. Cake were talking to each other but they always did that so by now I had gotten used to it. But what struck me as odd was I could've sworn I heard Mrs. Cake saying something about "Madame Pinkie Pie" to Mr. Cake, for whatever reason I must've thought I had only imagined it and so I sat down at the table to east breakfast.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Cake." I said with my usual cheerfulness. "Breakfast looks delicious as always. You guys are the best."

"Why thank you Pinkie Pie." Mr. and Mrs. Cake replied. And then we ate breakfast together. After I had finished breakfast Mr. Cake pulledm e aside and said to me "Hey Pinkie have you heard of this msyterious gypsy pony named "Madame Pinkie Pie" she seems to be the talk of town lately."

What Mr. Cake said shocked me, why would he be humoring me too? More importantly why did he sound so convicing? I don't know what I was thinking when I replied "No I haven't heard of her. But I've heard she's very good at predicting the future."

"Well I might just have to stop by and visit her tent sometime." Mr. Cake said "From what you and Mrs. Cake told me she sounds like she really knows what she's doing. I wonder what she can tell me about my future?' And then he went back to his usual duties of running Sugercube Corner.

I still don't know why I thought going into town for a little while was a good idea when I stopped by my tent and noticed that my friends weren't there. Perhaps I thought they were waiting for just the right moment to show up so as to build drama. But for whatever reason I left my tent and went into town taking in the sites. Little did I know that my unsual morning was going to be nothing compared to what was waiting for me when I returned to my tent.