• Published 27th Apr 2014
  • 2,611 Views, 236 Comments

Way To Go, Minuette, Way To Go! - Samey90



Hello, my name is Minuette and I just woke up in a wagon with two idiots, a headache, and some mafioso's money. Can this day get any worse?

Comments ( 50 )

Very few stories have made me laugh like this one. Still laughing actually!

This. Is. Magnificent.

Raunchy and adventurous. Great read! :twilightsmile:

I read the blog. Really looking forward to the next story! Kudos on a story well done :heart:

Uh, so it's over. I've been following this story since the second chapter was out, and now it's finished I think I can properly comment it.

The story itself was original in pretty much every aspect, although there were some moments that were a bit 'forced'... like when Minuette is climbing that rope with Trixie... But it is overall fun and, as with everything good, I wish it wasn't over.

I like Minuette, I love Trixie, I enjoyed the way you narrated them and I hope to see more good work. Thank you for 8 months of checking the page just for (or at least mostly) your updates :pinkiehappy:





And so, I ran out of good fictions to read...

Vinyl chuckles. “Girl, your closet was as transparent as contents of my head...”

I can't argue with that. I want to, but I can't.

It was a very good story as long as you can ignore certain details.
I probably won't reread this.

5764543
Now I wonder which group would be more insane, after all...

5809907
Thanks :pinkiehappy: It's fixed now. I checked the whisky thing and here's what I got:

Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition: "In modern trade usage, Scotch whisky and Irish whiskey are thus distinguished in spelling; whisky is the usual spelling in Britain and whiskey that in the U.S."

It seems that I use both spellings randomly – in the recent chapter of the sequel, I was using "whiskey".

The standards thing got me thinking... I'm not sure if I meant Ponyville's lunacy standards (which would be low) or sanity standards (which would be high). General idea was that all ponies in Ponyville are crazy (at least in Minuette's opinion), but even they think Lyra is weird.

5900994
Yeah, that too. She rolls with it later, though.

Oh yeah. Till one day there’ll be a zebra waiting in my bowl of rice, ready to pop a cap in my ass

A+ Reference, just subtle enough to be hilarious

6027246
Well, it was also mentioned earlier in Rainbow Rocks.

I started reading this and was convinced it would be too ridiculous to continue to. I'll admit my mistake this was hilarious. I couldn't stop reading it. I'm gonna start part 2 right away. Good work!

7214657
Oh yeah. And I think it's aerodynamically better.

7216242
That's not actual German :pinkiehappy: It's a Monty Python reference, actually:

This story was brilliant. So many references!

7240248 Reading the sequel now. On the part about a tiny sniper killing rats...

I was so happy that Grace got a huge part in this. All the references were hilarious and discrete in their own right. It is such a marvel the way you accurately portray the intricate knowledge and personality of every character while keeping a consistent storyline. I wish this adventure went on forever.

7657858
Funny thing is, her father is kinda a ponified Saxton Hale...

7729763
Nah, she only learns it much later (and not very well, given that Hexie often speaks in curses and slang). Ruby has a lingustics talent, though (she can swear in every single language, including the dead ones).

7786039
Huh. I remembered about it in the sequel recently, but forgot those back then...

7796348
Thanks :twilightsmile: Also, now I wonder how one rhymes blunt and bicycle...

“And then, Gertrude, we’ll paint the whole thing red.”

“Red?” Aryanne’s eye twitches. “Why?”

“The red ones go faster!”

i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/612/313/296.jpg

It’s ze sound of progress, mein friend

Anyvay, zat is how I lost my pilot's license!

And with that, I finish this story.

7796888

Saxton HAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLEEEEE!

Minuette calls him "dad", usually... :pinkiehappy:

Really good job with this. The first chapter, in particular, was amazing.

The bits on the airship felt like they went on too long, but I really enjoyed the story.

It's just really sad that you pumped 88,000 words into this thing and only 1,400 have read it :fluttershysad:

Is Trixie in the sequel much? I notice she isn't tagged.

8260110
She appears after a while, but she is there.

9979061
Why are you here J.K. Rowling?

9979063
Well, unlike JKR, I included that in the fic (or at least the sequel).

9979077
I still don't get why people were pissed about that.

9979085
Maybe because it felt kinda forced? Also, at some point parodies took over.

9979126
Ehh I never really felt it was forced but I'm not others so....meh.


9979128
1. who's Welma
2.no straight man wears an ascot.
3. THAT'S BECAUSE THE UNIVERSE KNOW BULLSHIT WHEN THEY SMELL IT.

9979138
Welma is a product of my tendency to confuse v and w, apparently.

9979426
Never seen Midsomer CSI NCIS and SVU are my bread and butter for crime shows Teen wolf and Supernatural are my supernatural shows...I wanna make a Winchester sandwich.

9979431
Oh yeah, I've seen those. As of late, I watched a few episodes of a German TV show called Alarm fur Cobra 11. It's very over-the-top, with each episode containing at least one car chase and more explosions per minute than a Michael Bay movie, so it's more of a guilty pleasure for me.
Hell, someone actually made a compilation of scenes when the main character crashes his BMW:

and it has a part 2...

9979445
Only foreign shows I've watched are Shameless U.K(shit), skins U.K. (awesome) and Wilfred (the original Australian version) (meh)

The receptionists pushes some red button on her desks. “There are two freaks here who wants to get to Mr. della Morte,” she says. “I’d kick them out, but they have a really big fucking sword and I’m not gonna risk my life for two bits per hour.”

Smart mare.

10068739
Yeah that'll get you banned from every civilised place in existence.

Yes, you heard me right. For the first time since I, against my better judgement and common sense, went to Las Pegasus to fix Vinyl’s lock, I have a clear plan in my mind.

That does not bode well.

To everypony’s surprise, they start talking quickly in Ponish and I recall slowly that I have an aunt in Ponyland. Yay. Seems that I’m the only one linguistically retarded in the family. I mean, I know Pferdisch a bit and the dialect of kangaroos (my father’s fault. Also, it's not that hard – one just have to have a powerful kick), but, as you can see, my own mother tops me in that matter.

Still know more than I do.

Vinyl chuckles. “Girl, your closet was as transparent as contents of my head...”

Just like mine was...course my mom was still so blind that she couldn't tell but still.

“I’m a model too,” Aryanne replies. “And I sink white unicorns are ze master race. I’m a unicorn too. At heart.”

You're in a majority earth pony town, watch what you say.

And this is how the story ended. They brought us to the station, put me in a cell with Vinyl and Trixie and left to fill out the documents. After a few hours, they released us. Just in time, since Vinyl wanted me to make her a prison tattoo. She ended up with a hoof-shaped bruise on her ass.

I'm pretty sure that's considered a mark of ownership.

10343098
Well, in hindsight... Although at least it's not controversial, apparently.

10343757
Yeah. I guess 2014 was a different time (still, it'd be weird if of all the things in this story Aryanne's ass was the most controversial one. Unlike, you know, incest, violence, and teleporting the shit out of Trixie).

10346624
Yeah he's pretty cool.

I have a plan.

I'm clenching my cheeks in preparation.

“So, why are you going to Las Pegasus?” I ask when the cats are back in the basket. There are, like, thirty of them there, even though I feel it’s not scientifically possible. The cats, however, have probably never heard of science.

They're Schröedinger's cats.

10643873
I think that was actually a CSI: Miami reference.

Definitely worth the reread.

So if they just needed Trixie to plant the bomb so investigators could go in and find the meth lab, what was the point of walking in with the sword or having the airship rescue?

Login or register to comment