• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 532 Views, 1 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 4: The Rift - KingNyroc15



Can a hero bring more harm than good?

  • ...
 1
 532

Forgiveness

Author's Note:

Songs used:
"Clocks" and "What If," both copyrighted by Coldplay.

"After Octavia yelled at me for an hour, which was well-deserved, I travelled two days ahead of when I dropped off the history book in Ponyville. Surely that gave you enough time to read it all. There's really nothing else to say at this point. I stopped Diamond, helped whoever I could, made new friends, allowed some of those friends to start anew, and am now back home. I'm done talking, but you are not done listening. So close the book, sit outside, and listen." Twilight closed the history book and looked at Rainbow.

"How are you feeling, Rainbow?"

"I...don't know. I'm mad at him for leaving without telling us, but at the same time...he was lost. It sounds like he finally found himself."

"He wants to be with us and never leave our sides. However, he also admits he will have to help whenever he's needed." The mares stepped outside. It was midday; the sun was shining, creating the perfect temperature. Just an average day in Ponyville. Same sounds occurring, same voices talking, same ponies walking.

Rainbow's ears perked. There was one sound out of place. A...keyboard? She heard a relaxing beat.

1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-1-2-3, 1-2-3,
1-2-1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-1-2-3, 1-2-3

Tilting her head up, Rainbow smiled. Twilight noticed this and arced an eyebrow.

"Rainbow?"

"He's here." Twilight soon heard the music as well.

--------------

Finally home; Soren was finally home. Back in the place he never should have left. He flew upside down through the skies of Ponyville, playing his keyboard which rested on his stomach. Once he played the beat once, he pressed the repeat button then held the keyboard with his leg. He slowly flew over Carousel Boutique as he started to sing.


The lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
Have brought me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead, singing

Come out of things unsaid
Shoot an apple off my head and a
Trouble that can't be named
A tiger's waiting to be tamed, singing

You are
You are


He landed atop Sugarcube Corner.


Confusion never stops
Closing walls and ticking clocks
Gonna come back and take you home
I could not stop that you now know, singing

Come out upon my seas
Cursed missed opportunities
Am I a part of the cure?
Or am I part of the disease? Singing

You are, you are, you are
You are, you are, you are


He flew past Town Hall and, when he finally reached it, hovered over. Ponyville Library.


And nothing else compares
Oh nothing else compares
And nothing else compares

Home, home where I wanted to go
Home, home where I wanted to go
Home, home where I wanted to go
Home, home where I wanted to go


Soren landed in front of the tree and turned off the keyboard. He looked at Twilight and Rainbow standing before him. Once he saw her, Soren never took his eyes off of his marefriend.

"Rainbow...I..." he started, only to have her hold up a hoof to silence him.

"You better have an apology so good that it'll make me cry. And I rarely cry."

"I figured I would...so I came prepared." He took a deep breathe.


What if there was no lie
Nothing wrong, nothing right
What if there was no time
And no reason, or rhyme

What if you should decide
That you don't want me there by your side
That you don't want me there in your life

What if I got it wrong
And no poem or song
Could put right what I got wrong
Or make you feel I belong

What if you should decide
That you don't want me there by your side
That you don't want me there in you life

Oooooooh that's right
Lets take a breath try to put it aside
Ooooooh that's right
How can you know it if you don't even try
Ooooooh that's right


The rest of Twilight's friends walked up behind her and remained silent as they saw Soren singing to Rainbow.


Every step that you take
Could be your biggest mistake
It could bend or it could break
That's the risk that you take

What if you should decide
That you don't want me there in your life
That you don't want me there by your side

Oooooooh that's right
Lets take a breath try to put it aside
Ooooooh that's right
How can you know when you don't even try
Ooooooh that's right


Soren hung his head. "I'm so sorry, Rainbow. I know I don't deserve forgiveness. I just want you to know that I never meant to—" Suddenly he was hugged.

"Shut up. I wasn't angry that you left; I was angry that you didn't say when you were coming back." She began poking his head. "You wouldn't leave us; we're too cool." Soren leaned his head back and smiled. She truly is the Element of Loyalty.

"Thank you. You know...that song uses a guitar and its pretty cool. Maybe I could teach it to you?"

"Alright, but I gotta warn ya, I'm a fast learner now."

"Oh? But you haven't been practicing the guitar for that long."

"Wanna bet? Where's your guitar?" She then realized something. "When is your horn going to be healed?" Soren rubbed it.

"No clue. I'll have Twilight look at it." He pulled out his sonic and brought the TARDIS to him. "I'm telling you, this is very useful." He ran in and came out with his guitar. It was a cyan guitar with Rainbow's cutie mark, just like the one he had in Sanctum.

"Heh, missed me that much?"

"I always do." Rainbow put the strap over her shoulder and stood on her hind legs. She then played a wicked solo that caused Soren's jaw to drop. She landed on four hooves and pushed his jaw up, but she left her hoof there.

"I practiced every chance I got," she smiled. She kissed Soren then hoofed him his guitar.

"I...umm...I missed that," he blushed with his wings unintentionally extended.

"We're so happy you're back, Soren," Twilight commented as the rest of the girls walked up to him and Rainbow. "Are you ok?"

"As 'ok' as I'll ever be. Things will be different now. A good different. A...healthy different."

"What are you talking about?"

"Screw traveling for one thing. I want to stay in Ponyville until I absolutely have to go somewhere. First things first, I need a new house. Preferably on the ground. My cloud house was fine, but most of you girls can't even visit. Plus, I have a new friend who probably can't walk on clouds either—"

"Soren?" Twilight interrupted.

"Yeah?" She hugged him.

"I missed your ramblings." He hugged back.

"Group hug!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she rushed to join the hug. The other four joined and buried Soren in affection.

"I was only gone for a few days," he chuckled. "But I swear...I'm never going to leave you girls again."


--------------
A Few Days
Later
--------------

Almost a week passed, and Soren found himself with a new house close to Rainbow's cloud home. He also received his old job with helping Twilight in the library and being mentored by her, and found a new job performing almost every week for Ponyville. His life could only go uphill from here.

Tonight was going to be his second scheduled performance. He finally had a full band that he loved to play with. It consisted of him as mainly a singer; Rainbow, the guitarist or singer; Twilight, keyboardist or singer; an old acquaintance, the Drummer Colt; and a new arrival to town that he befriended. His name was Chroma, and Soren noticed that he was pretty good at playing the bass. After playing with Chroma a few times, Soren offered him a chance to showcase his talents for Soren's first scheduled performance. He's been a part of the band ever since.

"Hey, Twilight?" Soren called. He was currently doing work around the library with her. He went to the hospital the other day, and they managed to heal his horn enough to do basic levitation.

"Yes?"

"How is your singing coming along?"

"My singing? Good, I guess. Why do you ask?"

"Well, Rainbow and I were wondering...since we wanted to make tonight huge to celebrate my permanent return...would you be willing to sing a genre you aren't entirely comfortable with?"

"I would assume not, due to me being uncomfortable with whatever genre you two are thinking of. But in good faith...which genre is it?" Soren smirked and Twilight knew this was going to be a bad idea.