• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 532 Views, 1 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 4: The Rift - KingNyroc15



Can a hero bring more harm than good?

  • ...
 1
 532

Friends or Enemies?

-------------------
In The TARDIS
-------------------

"Got it?" Soren asked.

"Soo...it's a time machine?" Sunny also asked. Soren nodded.

"And a spaceship. That's the basics of it in any case. She's very helpful. We got tossed into this world about a week ago."

"She? This world?"

"Yes, the TARDIS is a she. There was a rift that transported us to a different version of Equestria. I need to figure out why this happened, what created the rift, and how to close it."

"Sounds like an adventure." Soren froze and looked down sadly.

"...yeah," he commented softly.

"Is something wrong?"

"Nope!" he shouted quickly as he threw a lever down. The TARDIS groaned and started to move. Soren locked onto another source of strange magic. If Sunny was the first source, who or what will I find next, Soren thought as the TARDIS flew closer and closer to the next destination.

Within the minute, the room started to shake before the TARDIS landed with a thud. Sunny nearly fell down from loss of balance, causing Soren to hold back laughter. He opened the door and stepped outside; there was a train station in the distance. Confused, Soren mutters "Why?"

"Why is there a train station or why did your ship almost give me a concussion?" Sunny said irritatedly as she stepped through the doors.

"Be right back. Wait here." Soren ran back inside and walked back out minutes later. "I'm going to need this just in case."

"What is it?"

"It's a sonic screwdriver. It'll come in handy."

"What does it do?"

"I don't know exactly. Let's go!" He galloped for the train station that was about half a mile away. Sunny sprinted after Soren then began galloping as well after she caught up with him. This colt sure is adventurous, she thought with a smile.

--------------


The summer breeze flowed through the plains grass, allowing them to sway like a peaceful metronome. The sun shined on a train heading for its next stop. Plenty of ponies on this train were relaxed, sleeping, or sightseeing out of the cabin windows. The train ride took a mere half hour to reach its destination. Everypony stepped off of the train, grabbed their luggage out of the rear car, and walked along the dirt road heading into the small town in the distance.

Soren and Sunny were one of the last ponies to exit the train. All the while, Soren was very curious to see which town they had arrived at. Even though they saw many ponies with them inside, Sunny and Soren saw barely anypony around now. Assuming they all left for the town, Soren walked with Sunny down the road.

When they were halfway to town, the two saw a pony walking in the opposite direction. They didn't think anything of it...until the pony tripped Soren. Sighing in irritation, he picked himself up, dusted himself, and was about to give the rude pony a piece of his mind. As he turned around, however, Soren was struck silent by the pony he was looking.

"Rainbow?" he gasped. The pegasus mare was indeed Rainbow Dash. Her cyan coat and rainbow mane were unmistakable, but Soren knew it couldn't be his Rainbow Dash.

This Rainbow had a peculiar grin that neither Soren nor Sunny could place an emotion on. Soren stood there like a statue while Sunny scanned Rainbow Dash. Rainbow continued to grin as she walked up to Soren and stood in front of him.

"Hello~ there," she said. She brought a hoof to Soren's cheek.

Unfortunately, the next instant didn't occur how Soren thought it would. He expected something sweet but ended up with a buck to the face. Rainbow jumped into the air and kicked Soren. Seeing her friend tumble away, Sunny growled and charged at Rainbow. The pegasus was way too fast for the earth pony, so instead of dealing with Sunny, she went over to Soren, who was once again recovering.

Soren saw Rainbow lunging at him, so he pushed off of the ground, dodging the attack. She sharply turned to target him again. Soren jumped backed before Rainbow landed on the ground. She then rushed at him, hooves flying through the air. Soren tried to dodge as many punches and kicks as possible but was hit now and again.

"Soren!" Sunny shouted from a few yards away. "Fight back!"

"No! I refuse to hurt her!"

"But she'll kill you!"

"Will I?" Rainbow asked. She tackled Soren, bringing him to the ground.

She raised a hoof inches from his face. Soren's eyes couldn't help but follow the hoof as it circled in weird patterns in the air. He soon felt his eyelid getting heavier, but he couldn't stop following the hoof. Sunny sprinted towards them to stop Rainbow, but Rainbow quickly adjusted Soren to put him in a position to snap his neck.

"You better stay back," she warned Sunny. "You wouldn't want your precious Soren to die, would you?" Sunny stopped in her tracks.

"Just let him go."

"Of course I will. Did you actually think I was going to kill him? This was just a warning. We know you two. They told us about you."

"Who told you about us?"

"That's none of your business." Rainbow began brushing Soren's mane. "You two better stay away from the town if you want to live. Wouldn't want all of us to come after you and the townsfolk." Rainbow turned Soren's head so it faced her. She glanced at Sunny as she said "And because he likes me..." Rainbow gave Soren a quick kiss before letting him flop to the ground. She saw Sunny's jealous expression then rocketed back towards the distant town.

Sunny ran over to check on Soren, who was nearly unconscious from that weird trick Rainbow Dash did. She sat by him with a worried look.

"Is she gone?" Soren asked normally. Sunny found this odd. He sat up and looked around. "Good. The trick of hers lasted only for a few seconds. If I was alone, this would have been much worse. Thanks for distracting her."

"Don't mention it? How long were you faking?"

"When she started brushing my mane. It wouldn't have been smart to try and fight her. We need to see what's going on. She's part of a powerful group. And that group is being controlled by a more powerful group."

"How can you assume all of that?"

"Because my Rainbow Dash doesn't rely on tricks to get the job done."

----------------


After a few more minutes of walking, Soren and Sunny finally arrived in front of the small town. There was a sign at the entrance.


Welcome to Appaloosa

Home of the Crystal Caverns


Soren tilted his head in thought. I wonder if my Equestria's Appaloosa has a cavern underneath it, and they just haven't found it yet. He and Sunny continued into town. This Appaloosa was just as big as the other version but with sturdier buildings. As he and Sunny spent the next hour exploring the town, Soren was surprised to not see a single watering hole. Every town he has been to so far has had one. He saw a church, a bank, small two-story hotels, and no parks.

"Why is this Equestria so depressing?" Soren commented aloud. "Every town is small and looks like a ghost town half the time."

"Well I'm sorry if my country sucks," Sunny retorted. "It's not like life here is completely miserable."

"So you disagree with me?"

"I never said that." Soren laughs. "I find it strange that we haven't seen anypony. Surely a place with a crystal cavern can't be unpopular."

"Do you want to know a secret?" Soren asked.

"What?"

"The reason we haven't seen anyone is because they are probably hiding in their homes from the pony following us." Sunny turned around and immediately felt a hoof push up against her mouth. A unicorn mare that was following them was silencing her.

"Shh," she said right before she teleported Sunny away from Soren. Hearing the noise, the unfazed Soren simply sighed. It's times like these that I really hate the crap I put up with. Soren heard the noise once again but further away. He turned his head left and saw the unicorn with Sunny far away from Soren. The unicorn then teleported away from Sunny and appeared in front of Soren.

"Let me guess," Soren started as he looked forward and only saw the mare's deep purple neck, "you're Twilight?" The mare was taller than him; her chest almost at his eye level. He looked up and indeed saw the mare he was expecting.

Although it didn't look exactly like her, this unicorn was definitely this world's Twilight Sparkle. Instead of a lavender coat, her coat was a dark purple. Instead of her mane being sapphire blue with violet and rose streaks, it was dark magenta with black and red streaks. Finally, the color of her eyes were a light violet.

As he quickly scanned this tall Twilight Sparkle, Soren noticed one more thing...the wings on her back.