• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 532 Views, 1 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 4: The Rift - KingNyroc15



Can a hero bring more harm than good?

  • ...
 1
 532

Home Sweet Home

------------------
Ponyville
Soren's Universe
------------------

"Why is this in our history book?" Rainbow Dash asked Twilight as they continued to read the book they received a few days ago. "None of this happened in our universe!"

"Maybe this isn't a book from our world. I think Soren is just showing us that he is fine."

"I don't think nearly getting killed by alternate versions of ourselves is considered 'doing fine.'"

"When doesn't he almost get killed?"

"Fair enough." Rainbow looked at the book. "The next section looks interesting." She traced her hoof along the words as she read it. "'Home Sweet Home.'"


---------------
Alternate
Universe
---------------

"Are you sure you want to find them?" Sunny asked Soren as they flew through the Time Vortex.

"Yes."

"But what if—"

"I know."

"You're going to get—"

"I know."

"Please just—"

"Sunny." Soren didn't yell her name, but she still stopped talking. "Listen, I have done this kind of thing for months. I know what's going to happen to me. I also know that you have to be that strong mare that sang a song for me a few days back. I'm sorry to say that you're crush on me is making you too worried for my safety. I'll be fine. I've been through worse than this world has thrown at me." The TARDIS landed with a thud. "We're here. Are you ready?" Sunny grinned at him.

"You bet your flank I am." Soren smiled, and the duo stepped out of the TARDIS doors.


--------------

"As I stepped out of the TARDIS doors, I was surprised by a welcoming sight. Ponyville," Twilight read from the history book. "I was stricken in awe as I knew the final confrontation in my journey was in the same location as my first. My first being against Nyra."

"He's still not over that, huh?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't think he ever will be. Are you?"

"...No."

---------------


"It's almost exactly like my Ponyville," Soren commented as the two explored the town.

Almost everything was here, except for some of the buildings his friends lived in, like the library, Carousel Boutique, and Fluttershy's cottage. Sweet Apple Acres and Sugarcube Corner were still present since the town practically thrived off of them, among other stores and important buildings. For once, the atmosphere was bright and sunny. No longer was there dread and somberness.

"Home sweet home," Soren added.

"So the Ponyville you're from is like this?"

"Save a few buildings and my friends. I wonder if my sister is here."

"You have a sister? What does she look like?"

"Light grey coat, dark grey mane, and her cutie mark is a pink treble clef. Knowing this world, I would be surprised to find her here. She's probably in Canterlot."

"Soren...there isn't a Canterlot, remember?"

"*sigh* Right right. Let's just figure out where this magical anomaly is and get this over with." Soren pulled out his sonic screwdriver and began scanning the area. So far, nothing out of ordinary was found. "If I was a pony with incredible magical abilities, I definitely wouldn't be smack dab in the middle of town. Wait here."

Putting the sonic in his mouth, Soren took flight and positioned himself high above town. Some of the townsfolk saw the alicorn fly up then recognized him. Sunny noticed a few ponies walking up to the spot she was at. What are they doing? she thought. Within the minute, Soren flew back down, saw the crowd, and landed next to Sunny.

"I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened sooner. This can't be right..."

"What are you talking about? Why is there a crowd gathered around us?"

"They are fans of mine. Grab my hoof." Shrugging, Sunny gladly did as she was told and held Soren's hoof. Igniting his horn, Soren teleported them to the edge of town. They were in the fields between Ponyville and the Everfree Forest.

"For a world that knows me, I find it odd how this is only the second time out of four towns that a crowd gathered around me."

"Ponies know you? How?"

"I don't know. I met a mare when I first arrived in this world. Her name was Robin, and she told me that my actions were well-known. I was famous."

"But you're from a different universe! That can't be right."

"Exactly. And that's because they don't actually know who I am."

"Now you lost me."

"It may seem like a crazy theory, but I think someone has to be altering their minds."

"What?"

"Think about it. I'm from a different universe. So far, we haven't seen or heard of an alternate version of me. Plus, there is a zero percent chance that he (or she) is exactly the same as me. Not even my friends are the same. We also know that there is a pony in this general area that can create dimensional rifts and give unicorns alicorn powers."

"Even if that pony is altering minds, what would be the point?"

"That's what I can't figure out. A crowd isn't dangerous, merely a distraction. Even then, it's only a minute or two of a distraction. I'm pretty sure this alicorn knows we are here and coming for him or her." Soren pulled out the sonic to once again scan the area.

"My head is starting to hurt."

"Time travel will do that to you. It should pass soon. Aha!"

"Did you find magic?"

"Yes. It's leading into the Everfree. Kind of obviously when I think about it. Let's go!" The two sprinted towards the forest, oblivious to the grey pony that was watching them from a rooftop.

--------------


"This is the worst forest I have been in," Sunny complained. "It's very dark and stuffy."

"It definitely has a stranger atmosphere than my Everfree Forest. My only guess is that the magical trail will lead us to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters."

"Is that Celestia and Luna?" Soren nodded. "I look forward to seeing what their physical forms were."

"Since we're in this world, there probably won't be any pictures of them. Heck, the castle could be entirely different from the other version."

"Owww..." Soren turned towards Sunny and saw her sitting on the ground.

"Is your head hurting that badly?"
She nodded. "Let me see what I can do. My Twilight has been teaching me some basic spells when she can. Hopefully I can help." Soren held Sunny head with both hooves and used his magic to see if anything was wrong. No abnormalities could be found. "I wonder why your head is—Oof."

Soren was knocked to the ground. Opening his eyes, he saw that Sunny was gone. Turning around, he could see a pony levitating Sunny as it ran away with her. Soren immediately gave chase and sprinted after it. Every time he would teleport in front of the pony, it would teleport past or jump over him. Soren decided to give chase on hoof. Why doesn't the pony teleport away for good? It's probably leading me...to here?

Soren's thought trailed off as the pony entered a clearing, Soren following right behind it. He sent a magic bolt at the pony's legs to hopefully trip it. However, another pony teleported in front of the spell, blocked it, then sent a concussive blast at Soren, who noticed it was a crystal pony. He was knocked backwards and landed on his back. He tried to get up as quickly as he could, but he discovered that he was paralyzed.

"Sunny," he groaned as he watched disappear into the brush. Soren strained and was barely able to turn onto his stomach. He attempted to push himself up to no avail. Listening, he no longer heard the running pony or the pony who paralyzed him. Now he was alone and probably lost. He simple lay there for a good minute before hearing something.

"Quite the predicament, is it not?" a male voice said to Soren. He was barely able to lift his head slightly to look at the pony standing before him. He had a light grey coat, a long black mane with a white stripe, and red eyes. This made Soren feel uneasy. Just wait till I can move, you son of a mule...