• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 532 Views, 1 Comments

Soren The Alicorn Part 4: The Rift - KingNyroc15



Can a hero bring more harm than good?

  • ...
 1
 532

Prologue

"Soren Melody, do you know the charges being placed against you?"

"Yes, your honor."

"Do you accept the charges of attempting to destroy this town?" Soren looked around the courtroom and made eye contact with the dozens of ponies in the room, including his friends.

"May I plead my case to the court first?"

"Jury?" the judge asked, looking at the ten ponies that made up the jury. They silently conversed before one looked at the judge and gave their answer.

"We will allow the defendant to plead his case on the grounds that if he is still found guilty, his punishment shall be more severe."

"What say you, Soren Melody?" the judge asked.

"Let me start from the beginning of this little adventure. Keep in mind, yet some of you already know: I'm a time traveler. It all started when I left my own funeral..."


----------------
Ponyville
Months earlier
----------------

Ever since Soren left, Ponyville hasn't been the same. There is a slight dread that hangs over the town that believes their hero is dead. Only a select few believe or know that Soren is out there somewhere. Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are two of them. After Applebloom showed them the TARDIS leaving at Soren's funeral, Twilight and her friends knew he was obviously alive, but why did he leave? This was the question that has been plaguing their minds for three days. So far, only theories have been made; none more accurate than the last. Everyday, Twilight and Rainbow, and sometimes the others, gather in the Ponyville Library to figure out a way to track down Soren.

"Do you think he went to a familiar place?" Rainbow Dash asked as she sat across from Twilight. Twilight shook her head.

"If he left, it was for a good reason. It may not be a decision we like, but he always has incredible logic behind his actions. All of us know that."

"I miss him, Twilight."

"We all do. That's why we need to find him before..." Twilight hesitated to continue.

"Before we go to an actual funeral for him?" Rainbow finished. Twilight's ears went back. "It's fine. Soren has been through a lot since arriving here. He can go through a lot more and still survive. Heh, kinda hard to pin him down when you think about it."

"I guess. I just wish—"

knock knock knock

Twilight stood up and walked over to the front door. Upon opening it, she saw a mare and a stallion, both middle-aged earth ponies. The stallion had a package strapped to his back.

"Is Twilight Sparkle here?" the mare asked.

"That's me. Can I help you?" The stallion unstrapped the box and hoofed it to Twilight, who accepted the strange package.

"It's a history book. A pony, whom I didn't know yet was strangely trustworthy, asked us to bring it to you specifically. He said there are instructions for you on the back of the front cover. We didn't read it of course."

"Oh, umm, thank you?" After being thanked, the two ponies bowed and walked away. Twilight tilted her head in confusion and proceeded to walk back into the library, the history book floating next to her. She walked up to the center table and placed the book on top.

"Who's it from?" Rainbow asked, walking up to the table as well.

"They couldn't say. However, they did say there are instructions behind the front cover." Twilight turned the cover and discovered a piece of paper taped to the back. Unfolding it with her magic, Twilight read the note.

Index...T

Following the instructions, Twilight flipped to the back of the book and found the index. She then scanned the T section and found a shocking word in it.

"Does that say...?" Rainbow started, just as shocked. Twilight only nodded as the two stared at the one word: TARDIS.

Only one page was connected with the TARDIS. Twilight turned many pages before finally coming upon the TARDIS page. Before they could read it, they saw a scroll on the page. Twilight unrolled the scroll and read aloud.


Greetings Twilight and any other of my friends that read this,

If you can read this scroll then it reached you and only you...the ones I love. I had the TARDIS create a psychic scroll that can only be read by the ponies I want.

As you all know, I left. I left and didn't look back, but now I see that it is impossible for me to only look forward. My actions haunt me...evil haunts me. You all were endangered multiple times because of the enemies I made, and I can never forgive myself for it. I am leaving to protect all of you and all of the ponies in Ponyville. No one needs me to save them when I can just leave and cause the harm to stop.

During my fight with Nightmare Moon, I only used two of the six items you all gathered for me: Applejack's boots and Rarity's vest. I also used my Lunar Medallion to aid in my fight, as Rainbow probably already mentioned. With me I still have:

One sonic screwdriver from Twilight

One golden chestpiece from Rainbow Dash

One party...something (party bomb?) from Pinkie pie

And one "Animals of Equestria Guidebook" from Fluttershy

Nightmare Moon was easily defeated due to her arrogance, overconfidence, and the fact that I outsmarted her.

Back to the subject of my leave. I feel as though I must partake in an odyssey of sorts to discover what it truly means to be a hero. I cannot classify myself as a hero if all I do is cause harm to those I love. If Rainbow Dash reads this...well, she knows how I feel. Twilight, if you're reading this, don't look for me. I guarantee it is impossible for you and the rest of our friends to reach me. I am writing this as the TARDIS and I slowly head into a rift in space, which captured us and which I cannot escape from. She assures me that I will be fine, so I trust her, as should all of you. She has taken care of me in past lives, so I know she will protect me in this one.

This is my decision to make, so it is my consequence to face as well. One day, I will be back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

-Soren, Nyroc, Doctor

PS Quoting a past life is weird.

Author's Note:

I wanted to least have the store up to show those following this that I am indeed working on it. Lately I've been heavily backed up by schoolwork, so I barely have time to work on this story right now. It will still be on hiatus, but be sure to check once in awhile. Thanks for being patient.