• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 2,191 Views, 33 Comments

Well This Stucks! - anotheraccount



Twilight builds a locked compartment like Celestia used to store the Elements of Harmony, but something goes wrong and her horn gets stuck in the wall. Things spiral out of control when her friends try to help...

  • ...
3
 33
 2,191

Chapter 5 - Epilogue

Chapter 5 - Epilogue

Spike raised the rolled up message in his claw as he took a deep breath. When the scroll reached eye level, he blew a quick spurt of flame to surround the message and watched as it magically disintegrated, following the flame as it curled and streamed out through the window. He smiled and brushed his claws off and said to himself, “Well, Spike, another job well done.”

Twilight smiled at her number one assistant and said, “Thank you Spike. That should help explain a few things to the Princess...she’s probably getting an earful about this whole ordeal.” She looked at her other friends and said, “Also, again, thank you everypony for all of your help.” Twilight rolled her head around one more time with her newfound freedom and scratched the back of her neck. “I think now might be a good time to go over for a visit with Fluttershy so that we can clear up some misunderstandings.”

Rarity slowly nodded. “Yes, that would probably be for the best...the sooner this is cleared up, the better.”

“Eeyup,” added Big Macintosh as he seconded the notion.

The group of friends walked out towards the front door of the spa. Rarity stopped by the counter and handed over a few bits. “That was a brilliant idea to divert the attention of my sister and her friends,” she said to Lotus Blossom behind the counter. “Could you put today on my tab, and put these into my emergency fund?”

Lotus Blossom smiled and accepted the bits, putting them into a small box marked Rarity that sat on a shelf underneath the counter.

*-*-*-*

Fluttershy was walking towards the fridge when she heard a knock at her front door. She changed directions and headed towards her door and opened it a crack. Peering out of the crack in the door, she nervously greeted her visitors, “H-hello?”

Rarity stood in at the head of the group on front of Fluttershy’s cottage. “Hello, darling,” she greeted her friend with a smile.

Fluttershy smiled as she saw her friend. “Hi, Rarity!” She opened the door and saw the others in the group, blinked, and took two steps back into her cottage. “Hello...everypony…”

“Hi, Fluttershy,” answered Twilight. “May we come in? We need to explain a few things…” Twilight said as she scratched the back of her head and flashed a sheepish grin.

Fluttershy rubbed the back of one of her forelegs with the other. “O-Ok. Please come in.” She led the group of her friends - Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Spike, and Big Macintosh - into her kitchen and as they sat at her kitchen table, she offered, “I just made some iced tea this morning...would anypony like a glass?”

“That would be lovely, darling.”

“Oh, yeah! Fluttershy makes the best iced tea!”

“Yes, please.”

“Ah could sure use a glass.”

“Eeyup.”

Fluttershy’s iced tea being quite popular among her friends, seven glasses were soon poured and served...one for each of her friends at the table and one for herself.

Rarity took a sip of her tea and looked towards Fluttershy. “So, Fluttershy, about what we saw earlier this morning…”

“It was totally not what it looked like,” added Rainbow Dash, “and I know what it looked like, if you know what I mean.” Dash grinned and winked in a failed attempt at being subtle.

Fluttershy’s face became slightly more red as she looked at Dash. “Yes, I know what it, um, looked like.” She became very focused on her tea for a few moments.

“It did end up looking bad, but it was nothing like what it looked like.” Twilight took a deep breath and slowly let it out. “You see, I was trying an experiment…” Twilight started but was cut off by Dash snickering. Twilight rolled her eyes and started again. “Ok, let me rephrase that. Remember how Princess Celestia had the Elements locked up at the castle?” Fluttershy nodded as Twilight started to explain. “Well, I wanted to see if I could build something like that. I built the cabinet in the wall, and was working on the magical lock. This morning I activated the spell and runes to test it, but I never tested...if my horn fit in the hole first.”

“Oh….my…..” Fluttershy said as she put her hoof over her mouth.

“Yeah, Twilight here got her horn stuck in the wall,” added Rainbow Dash.

“And with the security spells in place, she couldn’t use her magic to free herself,” said Rarity as she took another sip of her tea.

“And then my sister and her friends showed up and tried to help,” added Applejack as the group collectively shuddered. “Not to mention my brother.”

Seeing Fluttershy about to flee again, Twilight quickly added, “Wait, it wasn’t what it looked like!” She quickly explained the rest to Fluttershy so that she would calm down.

“Oh...dear...that was, um, quite a morning,” said Fluttershy after hearing about the rest of her friends’ story.

“Ah’m mighty sorry for causing ya this misunderstanding,” Big Macintosh added as he looked at Fluttershy. “Ah would like to make it up to ya...is there anything I can do for, or help ya with?”

Fluttershy blinked and smiled. “I’m, uh, not sure, but I appreciate it though.” Her attention was captured as she looked out through the kitchen window and saw a white rabbit dancing around and waving a bag of carrot seeds while he pointed towards the ground. Fluttershy’s face lit up as she turned around and faced Big Macintosh. “I know! You could help me plow my garden!”

Rainbow Dash had just taken a big gulp of iced tea, which was rapidly sprayed all over the pony who sat across the table from her. Unfortunately, this was Rarity.

“Ewww, Dash!” started Rarity until she looked down at her coat. “Oh, no! Tea stains on a white coat! TEA STAINS ON A WHITE COAT!” Rarity frantically began wiping herself off before running into the bathroom to get to soap and water.

Twilight face-hoofed, while Big Macintosh was stuck saying “Uhhhh…..” like a scratched record.

Applejack joined Twilight in a facehoof for a moment before walking over to Fluttershy. She lifted her hoof in front of her mouth as she leaned over closer to Fluttershy’s ear, whispering something for a few seconds. Fluttershy’s eyes became larger as she squeaked, “EEP! That’s not, um, what I meant!” Sinking to the floor, Fluttershy covered her head with her hooves and mumbled to herself.

Twilight sighed and massaged her forehead. “Well, at least this is all over now...things can’t possibly get any more awkward.”

“Twilight, darling, what did I tell you about tempting fate?” Rarity said as she walked out into the kitchen, once again spotless.

Twilight looked over at Rarity as she was entering the kitchen. “Don’t worry Rarity, nothing more can happen...it’s all over now.” Twilight looked at her friends and brightened. “How about we all go to lunch tomorrow? I would like to thank everypony for their help and thought this might be a good idea.”

*-*-*-*

The next day, Twilight and friends were sitting around a table at their favorite cafe for lunch. The meal had gone smoothly, and everypony was enjoying themselves.

Rarity finished her sandwich and looked over at Twilight. “Twilight, dear, I know you aren’t superstitious, but it is not good to keep tempting fate. Think of it like you would think about Pinkie Sense...just trust me on this.”

Twilight sighed and looked over at Rarity. “No this again...I told you that saying things like that doesn’t cause bad things to happen. Watch…” Twilight stood up and took a deep breath.

Rarity’s eyes opened widely as she gasped. “Twilight, no!”

“We’re completely done with this incident. What could possibly go wrong now?” announced Twilight as she smiled at Rarity, trying to prove her wrong.

*BURP* Twilight looked to her right-hoof side and saw Spike holding a message that he had just received. Taking it in her magic, Twilight slowly unrolled the scroll and started reading it out loud.

“My faithful student,

Thank you for sending me this message. Unfortunately, due to a flurry of activity, I wasn’t able to read it until this morning. The next time you visit we can take a look at your blueprints and find what may have gone wrong (although I suspect it may be the dimensions of the hole). Your letter also cleared up some confusion for me. This morning at breakfast, my sister told me that last night there was much excitement. It seems that there is a new thing called the ‘Twilight Position’ that is now all the rage. At the time I didn’t understand why she was giggling madly as she told me this, but now I think I know why.”

Blushing furiously, Twilight dropped the letter and put her head down onto the table. There was a thunk further down the table as Big Macintosh did the same.

“Oh, geez Twilight, you should be happy!” Rainbow Dash said between snickers. “They will probably be making an update to a certain book with a section for you!” Snickering again, she lifted her eyebrows twice and then winked before all-out laughing.

Comments ( 4 )

Can you write more sticky situation fics cause this story is hilarious!!!!

5823119 I have one but it does involve the words "When you got to go you got to go".

5496416

Zebra ex Machina

I have a feeling we will get along quite well.

Most excellent.

Login or register to comment