• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 2,191 Views, 33 Comments

Well This Stucks! - anotheraccount



Twilight builds a locked compartment like Celestia used to store the Elements of Harmony, but something goes wrong and her horn gets stuck in the wall. Things spiral out of control when her friends try to help...

  • ...
3
 33
 2,191

Chapter 3 - The Calm Before the Storm

Chapter 3 – The Calm Before the Storm

“So let me get this straight,” said Applejack. “Y'all build a secret box and cast a spell on it that prevents all magic except for the opening spell.”

Applejack moved closer to Twilight and leaned close to get a good look at the place in the wall where Twilight's horn has been stuck for the morning. She lifted a hoof and began scratching her chin in thought. “Did you ever test if your horn fits properly before activating the anti-magic spell?”

“Twilight, my dear,” Rarity said with a concerned look on her face. “You really shouldn't go sticking your horn into places where...”

“Yes, I know,” Twilight interrupted. “The thought has crossed my mind a few times while I've been standing here all morning.” Twilight sighed audibly and then tried to look over at Rarity. “I'm sorry, Rarity. I'm getting a little tired and...” Twilight's stomach growled again, “...hungry.”

Rarity nodded and said, “That's quite alright, darling, I understand.”

Applejack stopped scratching her chin and then walked around Twilight and Big Macintosh to get a good look at the wall. She tapped her chin with her hoof twice and then looked over at Twilight. “Y'all are probably not gonna like this, but we can't get you unstuck like this.”

Applejack walked back around Twilight to walk over to the table where Apple Bloom was sitting. Applejack looked down at her little sister and said, “Apple Bloom, Ah need ya to go get my toolbox and saw.”

Apple Bloom nodded and walked towards the door.

Twilight's eyes opened wide as she yelled, “WHAT?! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!” Twilight lifted her left foreleg and put it on the wall by her horn and began breathing quickly. “YOU CAN'T JUST GO AND CUT OFF...”

Rainbow Dash quickly landed between Twilight and Applejack from where she was hovering near the ceiling. She faced Applejack and sat down, raising an eyebrow while crossing her two forelegs.

“Whoa there, calm down now, the both of ya. That's not what I meant...look who's jumping to conclusions now!” Applejack said as she turned around to face Twilight and Rainbow Dash again. “We can't get Twilight free as things are right now...there just isn't enough room to move around. Twilight, the door you're stuck to is protected by magic, right?”

“Yeah,” Twilight slowly answered. She wasn't sure where Applejack was going with this, but she was a little less nervous now.

Applejack pointed to the door in which Twilight's horn was stuck. “Well, I reckon we can cut around the door and then pull it away from the wall.”

“Ohhh,” Twilight slowly responded as she realized what Applejack was planning. “Sorry...” Twilight paused and then thought, I didn't think of that when designing this, but thank Celestia I hadn't! The door might be protected from tampering, but the area around it is not.

Rarity raised her right foreleg and wiped her forehead. “We may want to be more careful on what we say for a little while. Tensions were mounting rapidly there for a moment. And earlier as well, when Sweetie Bell and her friends had mounted a rescue for Twilight we all jumped to conclusions when we got to the library. I'm quite sure if we keep our calm, then this problem can be surmounted.”

“Miss Rarity,” Big Macintosh sheepishly interjected through a mouthful of Twilight's mane, “do you really need to keep saying 'mounted'?”

Rainbow Dash quickly covered her muzzle but it was a poor attempt to silence her snickering.

*-*-*-*

Apple Bloom walked outside of the library and met with her fellow crusaders who had been waiting just beyond the door. “We're going to need some more of that sap remover. Scootaloo, could you see if you can find Zecora? She should be at market today.”

Scootaloo nodded and then started to turn around, but then stopped and turned back to face Apple Bloom. “So why did we have to wait out here?”

“Well, it's a bit of a long story,” Apple Bloom said as she looked at her friends. “I'll tell y'all about it later. Right now we need to help our friends. This will be tricky, though, since it isn't us this time who are stuck with the sap.”

Sweetie Belle shook her head and said, “Yeah, poor Twilight. She got covered with it...even more than we normally do.”

“And it's not just Twilight who will need the sap remover...Big Macintosh will need some also.”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked at Apple Bloom with confused looks on their faces. “Big Macintosh?” they asked.

“Yeah...he kinda got stuck to Twilight,” Apple Bloom answered, “and we'll just leave it at that until we have our Crusader meeting later this afternoon.”

“Twilight AND Big Macintosh?” Sweetie Belle asked. “They're not going to fit in the tub we usually use to get rid of the sap.”

Scootaloo thought for a moment and then buzzed her wings. “What about the large hot tub at the spa? That one worked great for the poison joke cure.”

“Good idea, Scootaloo,” Apple Bloom said. “Sweetie Belle, could you head over to the spa and ask the twins if we could use it? I need to head back to Sweet Apple Acres and get some things for Applejack so she can get Twilight away from the wall.”

The three friends smiled and nodded, and then shared a three-way hoofbump. “CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS RESCUE SQUAD!”

*-*-*-*

Turning her head away from the door, Applejack looked back at Twilight and Big Macintosh. “Well, that's actually not a bad idea.” She and the others inside the library had overheard the plans made by the Cutie Mark Crusaders since Apple Bloom forgot to shut the door behind her. “If we can get you two separated it will make freeing Twilight much easier.” Applejack paused a moment while looking at her brother. “We won't have to worry about getting stuck to her either.”

Rarity put her hoof to her mouth as a surprised look appeared on her face. “Oh my, that would be dreadfully inconvenient...and borderline scandalous.” Rarity moved her hoof from her mouth to across her forehead in a dramatic pose. “We wouldn't be able walk around town without cover.” She quickly closed the library door again with her magic.

Twilight gave a nervous chuckle, “Eh heh heh, walking...”

Big Macintosh became a slightly darker shade of red and added, “Across town...”

“Yeah, like that's not going to turn any heads.” Rainbow Dash added.

Applejack raised an eyebrow for a moment. “Ah reckon ya have a good point there Rarity.” Applejack walked over to her brother's side and looked up at him. “Do we still have that covered wagon in the back of the barn?”

Big Macintosh looked up for a moment and thought a moment before nodding his head as best as he could and answering, “Eeyup.”

“All right then.” Applejack adjusted her hat and started walking towards the door. “I'll be right back. That old covered wagon might just be what we need. Just hold tight for a few moments.” She started opening the door and heard her brother groan behind her. Applejack sighed and said, “Y'all know what I mean. Just be patient for a few moments and Ah'll be right back.”

After Applejack had left and closed the door behind her, Rarity walked over to Twilight. “Would you like something to eat while we're waiting? Lately I've really been enjoying wraps for lunch. I could make you a hay roll if you would like.”

“That would be great,” Twilight said as she looked over at Rarity, “thank you.”

Rainbow Dash started snickering and looked over at Rarity. “Rollin' the hay?” she asked with grin.”

Rarity looked at Rainbow Dash with confusion. “Well, yes, that's generally how you make a hay wrap.”

Rainbow Dash moved from snickering to laughing. “Ah, ha ha ha ha. Rollin' the hay!”

“I don't get why this is...so....funny...” Rarity trailed off as she noticed Big Macintosh getting slightly more red. A look of minor irritation appeared on her face as she quickly face-hoofed. “Dash, now is not the time for crude jokes.” Rarity then continued into the kitchen.