• Published 20th Apr 2014
  • 2,653 Views, 142 Comments

On The Wings of Wind - Chazonic



When an adopted pegasus stallion with no memories of his early colthood travels to ponyville in search of his place, will he find the friendship he never knew existed? or will his secret be the ruin to his new life?

  • ...
13
 142
 2,653

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8 Part 2 - Interruptions Galore (Fluttershy and Applejack)


???


"Where are the supplies we need for our operation?"

"I don't know. They should be here by--"

*Poof*

"A letter?"

"It must be urgent if it was sent like that."

"..."

"... Well?"

"Bad news. Our suppliers had a bad run-in with the royal guard. They are currently laying low, but they can't continue."

"Ugh, we really don't need this. We can silence the more prominent officials in Canterlot, but the princesses will not approve of what we set out to do. The royal guard answer to them alone."

"'Them' sir?"

"Don't forget, Princess Luna was redeemed by the Elements of Harmony, and is currently trying to re-integrate into modern society."

"Then what should we do?"

"I hate to say it, but this is one setback we cannot avoid. Sent a message back to tell them to lay low. Attempting to speed things up will only increase chances of being found out."

"How long must they hide?"

"The Grand Galloping Gala is slowly approaching. While I originally wanted to proceed with the plan then, changes will have to be made. Tell them that the guards will be distracted by the Gala, which is a prime time for slipping by with minimal detection."

*Fwoosh*

"Message sent."

"Alright. For now, we observe."


Ponyville, Carousel Boutique, Zephyr


"Finally done are you?"

Rainbow Dash was waiting outside of the boutique when I exited.

"Yeah, so? I was just wondering how you intended on measuring 'coolness.'"

She had a confused look. "What?"

"It needs to be about twenty percent cooler."

Her face went red in embarrassment and anger. "It... just needs to look cool!"

"That doesn't answer my question. You either tell me or I make fun of the image of you wearing a dress." She now looked halfway between anxious and furious. "Oh, whoops, I already did."

"I'm going to seriously enjoy kicking your flank in our race."

"Hehehehehehe, ready when you are."

"Uhm... Rainbow Dash?"

Hello buzzing in the back of my head.

Both of us looked at the source of the voice; Fluttershy.

And hello headache. I need an aspirin...

"What is it Fluttershy? Can't you see we're in the middle of something here?"

She winced. "T-Twilight wanted to see you Rainbow."

Deja vu...

"Can't she wait until after this race? I've been raring to go for a while and Zephyr already got dragged away once."

"S-she said it was urgent. P-please Rainbow..."

Rainbow Dash looked at me with the same irritated look as last time before sighing. "Alright, fine."

I shake my head. "This is going to become a thing now, isn't it?"

"I certainly hope not, but it might be... This is such a drag." With that, she flew off towards the library.

Fluttershy looked at me nervously. "Y-you and Rainbow were going to race?" When I nodded solemnly, she squeaked. "Oh,I-I'm sorry. If i knew, I wouldn't of..."

I sigh. "It's fine. She keeps wanting to race me in order to 'settle the score.' At least I THINK that's what she wants."

For all I know, It's to get revenge on me for being a hard-flank towards her. What goes around...

"Oh..."

Awkward silence.

I in-took air sharply. "Soooo... what do you do?"

She jumped a bit. "Oh, I-I uhm..." I raised an eyebrow. "I... take care of animals..."

I barely heard her. "Take care of animals?" When she nodded, hiding behind her mane, I added, "never really met anypony that does that."

She brightened up. "Oh, would you like me to show you? I mean, if it's ok with you..."

I was about to nod, when I suddenly remembered something. "Oh buck, pardon the language, I forgot I had to go to Sweet Apple Acres! Oh no..."

Fluttershy flinched when I swore, but then said, "I met Applejack after Twilight asked me to find Rainbow Dash. She wanted to tell you that you didn't have to go there until later today."

I sigh in relief. "Alright, then that leaves me free to go to your place."

She gave me a small smile before walking towards her place. My headache got worse for some reason.


This cottage seems familiar...

Fluttershy's residence was situated by the entrance to the forest with the nonthreatening name. It was teeming with animals of all kinds.

"Huh, the place is rather well kept." I was flying beside her as she walked. I wanted to keep myself limber before the inevitable race.

"T-thank you. I like to ensure my animals are in a clean, safe environment."

All the animals were looking in our direction as we went past the fence, most likely curious about me. Despite it not being from ponies, I was still getting kinda antsy from the attention.

"Err, Maybe I should--" I felt something tap my side where my bandages were, causing me to spaz out. Unfortunately, my first reaction to something like that is to fold up my wings.

Which resulted in my face saying hi to the ground.

"Oh my goodness, are you alright?"

"I'm ok!" It was muffled because my muzzle was in the ground, but I got it extracted soon after.

"Edwace, that was not very nice of you!" Apparently, Fluttershy has an easier time dealing with animals than ponies. She was outright scolding whatever touched me.

Judging by the sad chirping, it must of been a small bird.

"He says he's sorry for doing that."

"Don't worry about it."

I heard her sputtering in anxiety. "A-are you injured at all anywhere-- oh?"

Suddenly I feel something light sitting on my head, which I had already shifted so that my chin was on the ground and I was facing forward.

"Elizabeak, get down from there!" All I heard in response was a cluck.

"There's a chicken sitting on my head? I know my mane is dirty blond, but this is ridiculous..."

This is highly degrading for me. I bet Rainbow would be laughing her flank off if she saw me now...

"Why aren't you getting off this poor stallion's... head..?"

I started feeling several things sitting on my back and in my re-spread wings, which was tickling me a bit. "What's going on?"

"I-it seems all of the birds have taken a liking to you." I see a shadow, presumably hers, stop in front of me. The chicken on my head got lifted off, with a few clucks of protest, and I was able to look to see what was going on.

Several smaller birds of differing colors were nested both on and under my wings. Some larger birds were resting on my back, all chirping contently.

Well, this is embarrassing...

A thought crossed my mind and I grinned. "I'm going to say something I might regret."

"Oh? What might that be?"

"Gee, I sure know how to pick up chicks!" Upon saying that, I planted my face into the ground again while I laughed silently. I could tell some of the birds were face... winging? While others sounded like they were laughing as well.

Fluttershy let out a small giggle. "I should really see if you're--"

"Howdy, Fluttershy!" I flattened my ears in dread.

"O-oh, hi Applejack."

"And howdy... Zephyr?"

I could tell she was restraining laughter, so I looked in her direction with a frown. "Laugh it up, why don't you? This is humiliating..."

"Aw, don'' be like that, par'ner. At least I'm not Rainbow Dash in that regard."

"Point taken." Fluttershy managed to shoo away the birds so I could stand. From the corner of my eye, I could see a white rabbit looking at me curiously, like I looked familiar.

"I-I just wanted to show him my house s-since he has never been to a caretaker's house..." She kicked the dirt nervously.

Anypony could misinterpret her bringing a stallion to her house. "I think we should keep this between us three."

Applejack looked at me curiously, but when I motioned towards Fluttershy, she nodded.

"U-um I really need to check you for injuries." She suddenly starts dragging me into her house.

"Wha- I'm fine, really!"

"I-I must. I feel guilty about letting you get injured near my house. Please?"

I sigh and let her drag me. Applejack started chuckling again as she followed us. I shook my head. "I have never been dragged around so much in one day. I feel like a rag-doll."

She grins at me. "If ya want, ah could drag you to Sweet Apple Acres."

"Nonononono I'm good with just flying there!" When she started laughing, I frowned. "Why do I always fall for that?"

Fluttershy quickly checked for injuries. "Um, aside from a few bruises, you seem fine."

"I didn't fall from very high, so that's to be expected."

Applejack thought for a moment, then smiled. "Hey Fluttershy, why don't you cheer for him not having any injuries?"

"O-oh, I don't know..."

I looked at Applejack funny. "Why would that be deserving of a cheer?"

She chuckled. "It's fine, ya need to hear how she cheers."

I gave a huff of laughter before nodding. Applejack looked at Fluttershy with a smile.

"O-ok, here it goes." She started in-taking air.

She's usually soft spoken. Maybe this cheer will be something else.

I braced myself for a very loud cheer. She stopped her intake of air and--"yay"

It wasn't loud, but I think my inner stallion just committed suicide. That was ADORABLE, and why did my headache get worse?

"Uh, you ok there par'ner?" I guess I started rubbing my head to try and ease the pain.

"It's nothing. Nice cheer, it was... cute." Fluttershy blushed and my headache upgraded to a migraine right in what feels like the middle of my brain. I started loosing my vision.

"Ok seriously, are you alright?"

"I said I'm fine!" I shook my head rapidly. It didn't alleviate the pain, but my vision cleared up. "Besides, I still have to help you at Sweet Apple Acres."

Applejack thought for a moment. "Ah, right we should hurry along then. Ah'm keeping an eye on you though."

I roll my eyes. "Right, whatever." As we exited the cottage, I wave goodbye to Fluttershy, who was shyly waving back.

"When we get there, I'll set a quota for you to do over the day if ya like."

I nod. "That's fine. Gives me an idea of how much I should help."

As we got further away from Fluttershy's house, my headache lessened.

Author's Note:

I should also mention, this is the only day filled with this many things going on. Other day's won't be as long, unless you guys like this much detail (if you even call it that...)

I don't know, tell me your opinions in the comments or PM. I'll most likely answer you shortly after.

PreviousChapters Next