• Published 19th Apr 2014
  • 525 Views, 12 Comments

Laughter Lost In The Dark - Siyuan



Something is not right in Ponyville. But how could the mane 6 bring back harmony with one of them missing?

  • ...
 12
 525

Falling Apart

"It is alright, you must not give up the fight!" Zecora said, gently touching Twilight Sparkles back with her hoof in a comforting manner.

"No! It is not alright! I am so weak! I... I couldn't even keep us together." the crying unicorn said bitterly. Applejack, Rarity, Spike, Zecora and Fluttershy were forming a circle around her, worried expressions on their faces.

"Dear, you still have us. We will go to Canterlot, solve this awful mystery and then find our lost friends." Rarity said.

"Yes! We sure will save the day in the end! We sure will..." Applejack added.

"Twilight, let's get going." smiled Spike.

"Guys..." the purple pony looked up at her friends, and smiled, some tears still in the corners of her eyes. "Thank you!" she got up on her four hooves and looked in the direction she supposed Canterlot was. A determined expression on her face, she spoke once again:

"We are going to save the day. Let's go!"

"But Twilight, are you sure that's the way Canterlot is? I belive that's where we came from...." Rarity said, looking at her friend.

"I-I... I am not sure." the purple unicorn looked at the ground once again.

"Don't tell me we are lost!" Spike dropped to his knees. "No way!"

"It's okay. Ya' all have forgotten about Philomena, she sure knows which way the-" Applejack started with a smiling face, turning around to look at the phoenix, but she stopped in mid-sentence when she saw the lack off the bird. "Where in Equestria...." was all she could mutter.

"Yes... I wanted to tell you all.... but I didn't want to interrupt..." Fluttershy said softly, looking down at the ground.

"What are we going to do?" Rarity said, tears gathering in her eyes.

"I don't know." Twilight Sparkle answered in a barely audible voice.

Meanwhile Rainbow Dash was flying across the blackened sky without any source of light. She cursed herself for being so stupid, flying off like that without a source of light. How did she think she'd find Pinkie? All she wanted now was to get back to her friends, help them bring the Sun back, then look for the pink pony in daylight. She gritted her teeth, and closed her eyes. She was getting used to the salty taste of her tears, she couldn't stop them flowing down her face. So weak and useless she felt in the sky, she felt horrible. She then opened her eye, and scanned the ground in a hopeless effort to see the light of lanterns, but all there was was the endless sea of black darkness. She wasn't sure the world existed at all anymore. She was tired, really tired, but she didn't know how far the ground was. She wouldn't know, even if it was right below her hooves. And what if she landed in water? Maybe on something sharp. It seemed too hopeless and dangerous to get on the ground. She decided to try and stay in the air, no matter what happened to her.
Not finding a single cloud to rest on her wings were getting tired. This struggle, it was so hopeless. She was about to give up, when a picture of her friends together smiling in the sunlight came to her mind. Yes, for them she had to keep on flying. Maybe there was still a chance, even if it was just a slight one. She flied for hours and hours without a rest, scanning the darkness below her. Not the slightest sign of any movement.
After a while, she started loosing height significantly. She was slowing down, and her wings were getting heavy. Her eyes were now dry, but her cheeks still burned from the salty tears. She felt like she didn't know how to move anymore. Nor could she remember warmth of sunlight. She felt dizzy, and her head hurt like it was about to burst. Finally, her wings stopped obeying her. They didn't keep her up now, they were just hanging limply by her side. She didn't have the power left to call out as she fell rapidly towards the invisible ground. She closed her eyes, and prepared for the worst, when adrenalin rushed into her veins.
She started flapping her wings again with a last desperate effort, slowing down her fall, and turning her legs towards where she thought she was falling. Just in time, it turned out. Her hooves touched cold, polished stone as soon as she turned. She sighed in relief, and collapsed on the ground, falling into a deep, dreamless sleep. The last thing she felt before finally closed her eyes was pleasant warmth surrounding her.

Author's Note:

I suppose no one is following this story anymore, it's been such a long time without any updates. I was really busy and I had a writers block. I was working on other stories instead, that were not pony related or playing video games... I also started to study Chinese, which is a rather hard language, so that took lots of my time too.
But I'll try to become active again, and continue this story. I have new ideas for it, so it will be no trouble for me anymore. :twilightsmile:

Also... this is a really short chapter, I still have to get back into the mood for this story.
Though, you should still expect me to update rarely, school's not gone. :twilightsheepish: