• Published 19th Apr 2014
  • 524 Views, 12 Comments

Laughter Lost In The Dark - Siyuan



Something is not right in Ponyville. But how could the mane 6 bring back harmony with one of them missing?

  • ...
 12
 524

Finding Friends

Pinki Pie panicked. She ran up and down bumping into other ponies, screaming the names of her friends. Suddenly she saw a small flicker of light. It was the first lantern to be lit. She trotted towards it gladly. It was in the mouth of a kind unicorn lady.

"Are you lost?" asked the lady.

"No, I mean, yeah, I think." Pinkie replied. "I kinda panicked in the dark." Pinkie let out a nervous laugh and continued talking: "Have you seen, by any chance a blue pegasus with rainbow mane? Or maybe a blonde earth pony with freckles? It's easy to recognize her, she is from the Apple family. Oh, maybe a purple unicorn? Or a shy yellow and pink pegasus? What about a pretty white unicorn with purple mane?"

"I haven't seen any of them." the unicorn replied. "But I think I can try to help you find them."

Twilight Sparkle walked along the main street of Ponyville, with Spike on her back and a lantern in her mouth. Everything was quiet now, the only sound that could be heard was the sobbing of a filly. Twilight was worried about her friends, something could have happened to them in the panic a few minutes ago. Spike was so scared that he couldn't even move, and he was shivering in the cold. He was muttering some words that were quite hard to understand, but Twilight thought that Spike was saying "Please, please, I am sorry..." but of course she wasn't sure about this. She couldn't imagine what could have happened to the sun. Suddenly, she saw a fast movement from the corner of her eye. She hurriedly put down the lantern an said:

"Who's there?" She tried to sound strong, but her voice was shaking with fear.

"Twilight?" came the answer from the dark. The unicorn recognized the voice.

"Rainbow Dash! I am so glad to find you! Are you okay?" she said happily as her friend walked into the light of the lantern.

"Yes, it's me, and I am glad to see you too. But I am not at all okay."

"Why, what happened? Are you hurt?"

"Well, nothing happened, other than that the sun vanished from the sky, now it's pitch black, and cold, and no sound can be heard that is other than what we make, and the air is unnervingly still!"

"So that was that unsettling feeling I felt! I thought it was because of the lack of light, but you are right! There is not even a small breeze. What could this mean?"

"Don't ask me, you're the one who reads all the time."

"But I never read of something like this... Anyways, have you seen the others?"

"No, I've been looking for them all this time." Twilight gave a sad nod in response, and picked up the lantern. The two friends started walking by each others side. Rainbow Dash occasionally called out for the others, but no answer came.

Rarity was sitting in her shop, shaking. The flash of light surprised her too. When she looked outside, she saw nothing. Now she was confused and afraid. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the window. She got up, and looked towards the source of the sound. It was Applejack. She was holding a lantern and had a worried look on her face. Rarity trotted to the door and opened it for Applejack. The blonde mare walked in and started talking immediately.

"Are ya all right, Rarity? Ah was worried. Do ya know what happened?"

"I'm much better now that you are here, Applejack. I am sorry, but I have absolutely no idea about what could have happened. Where are the others?"

"Ah don't know. We should go look for 'em"

"You are right. Wait a minute, please." Rarity trotted to the back of her house, and started looking for something in the dark. Applejack walked to her and held the lantern.

"Ah think you could use some light here"

"Oh, thank you." the unicorn said, and continued searching. Finally she found what she was looking for. She was holding two scarves.

"One is for you, and one is for me. It must be rather cold out there." They put on their scarves, and left looking for their other friends.

Fluttershy was lying on the ground, not daring to move. She was shivering and crying. She felt more scared then ever before. Suddenly she heard a familiar voice:

"There she is! There she is! It's her! It's my friend Fluttershy!" after that came a gentle voice the pegasus has never heard before:

"I am glad, Pinkie Pie, now there are only four friends to find, am I correct?" Fluttershy looked up, and saw a flickering light just by her side. It was a lit lantern, that hang from the mouth of a unicorn.

"He-hello." Fluttershy stuttered.

"Hello, dear little pegasus. I am Blacktea, it is nice to meet you." the unicorn said.

"She is a super-duper kind pony, you see! She helped me look for you. We checked everypony else's home, but I think everypony was out in the streets. I am so very glad to find you!" Pinkie Pie explained.

"Oh, I-I see... Nice to meet you, B-blacktea." the pegasus replied. The three of them set off together to find the rest of the friends.

Applejack and Rarity were walking down the streets of Ponyville. There were weak lights in every direction, and the amount of sounds was decreasing every minute. Citizens of Ponyville were starting to give up. There was no movement, except for the nonstop dance of the flames and the two friends' walking.

"Hey, Rarity, don't ya think that one light is movin' this way?"

"Oh, it does seem so. Who could it be?"

"Let's find out!" The two friends took up a faster speed, and hurried towards the moving lantern. When they got near it, happiness filled their hearts. It was Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash and Spike.

"Hey there Rarity, Applejack! Glad to see you in one piece!" Rainbow called out to them. The two small groups were happy to find each other at last. But two ponies were still missing.

"We still have to find Pinkie and Fluttershy." Twilight reminded them.

"No need to find me! I am right here!" Pinkie Pie laughed from behind of the four surprised ponies.

"Pinkie Pie!" they yelled happily.

"Were you worried, were you worried about me?" the pink pony asked excitedly.

"Of course we were!" Rarity replied.

"Pinkie, have you seen Fluttershy?" Twilight asked.

"Yep! They are coming this way." Pinkie said, pointing at another moving lamp.

"They?" Applejack asked with a puzzled face.

"Yes! I met a really nice lady, and she helped me look for you." the party pony said happily.
Finally Fluttershy and Blacktea arrived to the group too. Blacktea introduced herself, then said:

"Well then, I'll leave you now. I have friends to find too. I hope you'll not loose each other now."

"Thank you very much for your help, Blacktea. I wish you luck with your friends." Twilight said.

"Farewell, my little ponies." the lady smiled at them, then turned away and started walking.

"Bye-bye!" Pinkie yelled after her one more time.

Author's Note:

This was kind of an intro... But in the next chapter the real adventure will start! :D