• Published 19th Apr 2014
  • 522 Views, 12 Comments

Laughter Lost In The Dark - Siyuan



Something is not right in Ponyville. But how could the mane 6 bring back harmony with one of them missing?

  • ...
 12
 522

Beggining of The Dark

It was another normal summer morning in Ponyville. The sky was blue, no clouds on it at all. The sun shined and the air was warm. A perfect day.

Twilight Sparkle opened her eyes. She was woken up by a loud thud. She looked around to find the source of the noise. She didn't have to search for long: her number one assistant, Spike, fell out of his bed. The purple unicorn smiled, and gently placed the baby dragon back in his bed. She put the blanket back on him, and silently walked downstairs. She read a book until she could hear the yawn of Spike. She waited for him to go downstairs too. When he finally stood by her side, she asked for the to-do list for that day. The first task was to go to Sugar Cube Corner and buy some cupcakes for Spike. She smiled, and opened the door. As she stepped outside, a soft breeze caught her mane. She looked up at the beautiful sky above her head and started trotting towards her destination.

Fluttershy woke up to the beautiful voice of her little feathered friends. Still half asleep she smiled, and turned on her side in her bed. Then she yawned, stretched all four of her legs and got up. She made her bed neatly, and walked outside into the fresh morning air. She smiled at the bunnies who looked around in the sunshine with sleepy eyes. Fluttershy greeted all the little critters she could see, and smelled the blooming flowers scattered in the grass. She felt perfectly happy and peaceful. She flapped her wings, and rose about one meter above the ground. Then fluttered back inside, humming a sweet song. She prepared breakfast for Angel and for herself. She ate in quiet together with her little furry friend, then she went outside once again. She fed the chicken, she sang with the birds and enjoyed her simple life.

Rainbow Dash tossed and turned. She couldn't sleep any longer, the sun was shining in her eyes. She got onto her four hooves, and stretched her wings. She looked around, but there were no clouds to take off from the sky. It seemed she would not have any work to do that day. She would have a lot of time for flying around and having fun. She sped off into the sky like a rainbow rocket and did a few loops. She felt adrenalin rise in her as she flew with an unbelievable speed and the wind picked up her mane. Oh how amazing it was to fly. She never got bored of it. She did a few more circles, then she dove down towards Ponyville. She stopped her falling just an inch above the ground. A group of fillies clapped their hooves and asked the blue pegasus to do more tricks. She did gladly as they wished, she never missed a chance to show off her talent at flying.

Rarity woke from her beauty sleep with a delicate little yawn. She slipped out of bed, and walked to her mirror. She jumped in horror seeing the reflection looking at her. She would never get used to her morning self. Her mane was a mess and dried drool was in the corners of her mouth. She combed her hair urgently, washed her face and brushed her teeth. Now that she was her real self again, she looked out of the window. Oh, it was such a lovely day. She trotted into the kitchen, made some breakfast, and called Sweetie Belle downstairs. The ate together in peace, talking about everyday things. Rarity sent off her little sister to school, and went back to her room to finish her work that day. She half hummed and half sang a song as she continued the dress she started last evening.

Applejack woke up to the laugh of her little sister, Applebloom. Soon she could hear Granny Smith scolding the little filly, and telling her that her big sister was still asleep, and she shouldn't wake her up. Applejack jumped out of bed and trotted to Granny Smith.

"No need to scold lil' Applebloom, Ah would've stayed in bed all day if she wouldn't have woken me up." She smiled at her sister, and walked outside. She could see BigMac already working on the farm. She waved at him and smiled. He waved back. Then Applejack picked up few bags of apples and ran off to Ponyville to sell them, being a little late already.

Pinkie Pie opened her eyes, and jumped out of her bed quickly. She was full of energy. So full of energy that she had to bounce around her bed a few times. She ran out of her room, and greeted Mrs. Cake, who was cooking some cupcakes while humming an old pony song. The pink pony skipped outside into the golden rays of sun. She started chasing a butterfly but tripped in a stone and hit her nose. She lay there for a few seconds, but then she soon sat up and laughed it off. She walked down the street cheerfully greeting everypony she met. It was a wonderful morning, better than she could ever imagine. Well, at least it was like that for the first few minutes of the day.

Suddenly, with a great flash of light, the sun disappeared from the sky. Blinded by the light, all of the ponies of Ponyville blinked a few times before realizing that their efforts to see were hopeless. There was no light left in Ponyville, the darkness was perfect. After a lot of bumping into each other and stumbling over things, a few lanterns were lit. These weak and faint lights made the once lovely town look ghostly and creepy. All the ponies shivered in the cold that came soon after the darkness. Little fillies cried looking for their families. Shopkeepers cried over their goods that were broken in the confusion and panic. Peace and happiness was replaced by fear and sadness in Ponyville.

Author's Note:

First chapter of my first fanfiction on this site! :D Hope it's a good read! ^^