• Published 19th Apr 2014
  • 396 Views, 0 Comments

Unwanted Company - the frank



The great detective going solo, with the sole object of helping a friend in need!

  • ...
 0
 396

1

This story is special, cause I took no part in it at all, but I still like the world to know it, so they can see for them selves what kind of pony Pinkie can be. At least I am very glad to have her in my life.

Sincerely, Twilight Sparkle. Ok Spike… PRINCESS of Magic Twilight Sparkle.



Steele Bonnyton was quite a new resident in Hooveston. He had been living there for only five years, and was considered someting of an outsider and a looner. He shared that opinion in most, but nevertheless, the few friends he had earned during his years, he was very fond of. Which ment that this afternoon, he cried out a ”Why, Pinkie! What a surprise” with an air of genuine joy and…the element he mentioned in his own words.
”Hi Steely!" Pinkie said "Great day, isn’t it?”
”Well, it just got better. Come,sit down here and join me! I’m having a small drink in the sunshine, care for a scotch? What brings you to hooveston?”
Since Pinkie knew everypony in Ponyville, she hade started getting to know hooveston some months ago, when her friend Rarity married and moved there. She had started it all, first by proving her friend innocent of murder and then throwing a ”Hi-hooveston-I’m-Pinkie-Pieand-I-want-to-know-you-Party, which turned out as a suxess and got her a lot of new friends, and to that number was also added Steele Bonnyton.

”Why, thank you! But I settle for some cider today. It’s to hot for Whiskey." Pinkie took a deep breath and continued "Phew! My tail is getting all squischy! I’m visiting some of my good, good friends. Like you. I like you. Oh, and there is some buisness for me as well.” Pinkie sat herself down in the chair opposite of Steele.
”Buisness? What kind of? Cupcakes?” Steele couldn't help a small smirk as he asked the question.
”Oh no, never on a Tuesday! " Pinkie replied with a smile "Nope, a more severe buisness. Murder.”
”Oh. Oh yeah… just like the one you dealth with at the plums…why, that’s rather serious. Howcome I haven’t heard of it?”
”Oh, that’s easy. It hasn’t occured yet! No ones dead. And hopefully it will stay that way. I actually HATE people that kills. They are SUCH partypoopers!” Pinkie continuied to shake her head for sometime after she finished the sentence,like she couldn't believe her own words.

”Okey… ” Steele knew Pinkie Pie enough to never be certain when she was serious or not, but he got worried over her words. From his experience, when some alarming news came from a direction you least expected them to, you should always take it serious, but still…It was PINKIE.
”That’s a nasty wasp’s nest you got there.” Pinkies changing of a conversations direction had startled many over the years, and Steele was no exeption. Besides, he had been all up in his thoughts, so this brisk callback to reality was a bit of a chock.
”Uh? Yes… Yes it is…”
”You should get that taken care of you know.” Pinkie said, taking a sip of her glass.
”I thought you liked insects.”
”Oh, I like bees, for they make the delicious, yummy-yummy-hunny!" Pinkie paused, looking like she tasted it with her imagination "But wasps just stingy-stingy-stingy! I wont spare a hoove for them!”
”Well, as a matter of fact, The gardener is coming to take care of them tonight.” Steele was quite happy that he could turn the conversation back to something steady, as a boring piece of fact.
”Well, thats great! Who is your gardener?”
”Oh, you know him. Bloom Acres? I think we met you at the same party?”
”Why, yes! Bloom! He’s such a keen gardener. He's good at killing wasps?”Pinkie said. Mr Bonnyton was a bit surpriced that this subject was interesting at all for Pinkie. But there was no harm in answering.
”Well, at least he fancies himself to be. Since he talked about it, I figured to see if he could stand up to his word.” he said.
”You have any idea of how he will do it?”
Mr Bonnyton hesitated a bit.
”Well…Petrol I think.”
”Well I think you are a bit to trusting.” Pinkie leaned forward and looked mr Bonnyton straight in the eyes.
”What do you meen?”
”Weelll…the fact that I passed by the chemist on my way here…they said that Bloom bought cyanid! And another thing. I have heard that you got yourself a Fianceé… Sweetie Belle. Congrats by the way! I love people getting together! Now, and I guess you know which pony was her coltfriend before you? Bloom Acres!” Pinkie paused, with a "no-smoke-without-fire"-look in her eyes.
Mr Bonnyton arose quickly.
”What in the world are you suggesting? I tell you, Bloom would never…”
”QUIET! I heard that waaay to many times! Now, he would never, I’d never dream, I know him…If you don’t talk things through with your friends, even the smallest affairs can cause bitternes and make somepony do things they will regret. Now, have you talked to him?” The look on Pinkies face suggested that she wouldn't let this one slip away easy.
”…No, but…”
”TOLD YOU!” Pinkies hoof was right in front of Bonnytons nose.
”Pinkie…he’s taken it like a good sport. He will not hurt anypony.” Steele Bonnyton said with the voice of someone who doesen't fear anypony
”Well…I sure hope your right. Nice coat your wearing by the way. Can I feel it?”
”Why, of cource! Bought it from your friend Rarity.”
”I could tell that much.”
Pinke let her hooves touch every part of the coat. It was a work of perfection, even for an item you only wear at casual times. But since it was of Raritys collections, what else was there to expect. After a moments examination, she continued.
”Well, my friend. I came here to warn you, and that I did. But I would be much realived if I came back here after Blooms visit to find you alive. What time will he be here?”
”Ehm…at nine” Steele said, with a starnge hesitation.
”Great! I will come back after 9 then!” Pinkie said, finished her glass and walked from the table.
Leaving the cottage, Pinkie murmured to herself ”I actually wish I was wrong on this one…but probably not. Well, evil of today is sufficent enough...ore something like that! Now for some hot chocolate!”

The afternoon passed, and at a quarter to nine, Pinkie made her way back to the cottage of mr Bonnyton. Hopping up through the lane, she met Bloom Acres.
”Why, good evening Bloom! Up to see Steely?”
”Uh…hullo Pinkie! Well, ah was s’poosed to, but we ended up just chatting. Drank a cup of coffee, nothing more.”
”Now that’s sounds like fun." Pinkie said cheerfully, but changed her tone to a more inqisatory one " How was he when you left him?”
”What?...he was…like he usually are…a bit tired, maybe? Sorry Pinkie, gotta go…Date night tonight!” Bloom said, very much surpri a little scared of Pinkies change of change.
”Tell Sweeitie I sad hullo!” Pinkie shouted after him.
As the other pony left, Pinke continued her walk up to the cottage. She saw mr Bonnyton in the distance. He sat where she had left him, in his coat, with his eyes closed.
”good evening steely! I hope you don’t have any pain.”
”Pinkie? Oh… yes… eh? Pain? Why would I fell any pain?”
”oh…well, I don’t really know what happens when you drink washing powder.” Pinkie shrugged her shouldera apologeticaly.
”Washing powder? What do you…”
Pinkie picked something up from her saddlebags and put it on the table. It locked like stones at first, no... it was like crystal pieces of salt.
”You see…I know some tricks. I took this out of your pocket before and replaced it with washing powder. I'm good, am I not? You didn't notice. Now, I’m not good with these things, but I think this is Cyanid. Lets see, shall we?” Pinkie delivered that line in a mix of superior knowledge and giggling.
There was an empty bottle on the table. Pinky put the crystals in the bottle, filled it up with water, and gave it a good shake. Then, she went to the wasps nest, and poured it onto it. Moments later, some wasps started to come out, but they could hardly move, walked like drunkards, only to fall down and be still on the ground.
”Guess I was right! Yes...A quick painless death” Pinkie said, very much without any feeling in her voice at all.

”Pinkie… listen,it’s not what it seems…”
”Oh, I think it’s perfectly what it seems. Now, YOU told me that Bloom was to be here at nine. But that wasn’t especially true, was it? You figured, it all be over by then. We would come here, finding you dead by poison, the last one visiting was a pony who had his reasons to feel wrath towards you, and that same pony did purchase cyanide the day before? That’s a nasty piece of murder you got there, mr!” Pinkie had shifted her persona, and now she looked at mr Bonnyton the way a mother would look at a kid behaving unappropriate.
”Why...but...It was to be suicide, not…”
Pinkie interuppted him at once.
”Oh, FOR YOU yes! But poor Bloom wouldn’t stand a chance in court with all those indicies pointing against him! It was your plan the whole time! I knew something was about to happen, and I was right! I told you, murder is my business. And Cakes. And why do I know that? Three reasons. First, I didn't tell you, but I ran into bloom BEFORE I came here. Now he informed me that YOU was the one asking for him to by the cyanid. He prefered petrol for killing wasps, but you insisted. He also told med he was to come here at eight-thirty, while you told me...Oh,yeah, I said that before." Pinkie paused, then continued "Now, then…I also know that there had been a slight disturbance in the relationship between Bloom and Sweetie Belle, which drove her into your hooves…but that disturbance is gone, and from what I heard, they are back together. And third… One week ago, I saw you in Canterlot. You came out of the clinic where they treat Cancer. You did not se me, but I saw you, and that look on your face. It was the face of a pony under death sentence!” Pinkie stopped talking, waiting for an answer. Steele Bonnyton was silent, then sighed, and sunk deep in his chair.
”…Yes…he gave me two months” Bonnyton said, with his voice growing thicker.
”I guess that’s where you got your plan. You would have a quick, painless death, while youre rival would go down for something he didn’t do. Thats really NOT NICE AT ALL!” Pinkie said, with a voice filled with...not disgust...more the tone somepony would use discussing a stain on a carpet. "Then I came. You wasn't really keen on me being here at first...Oh don't try...I noticed! But then you realised that my visit would work well with your plan. But you see, I had my own. I lay little traps for you, and you fell into them, one by one." If it hadn't been for the neutral tone of her voice, you could have thought that Pinkie was bragging.

Againg there was silence for a while. Then mr Bonnyton spoke.
”Why did you come? WHY?”
”I told you! Cause I LIKE you! I don’t want my friends to do such terrible things! Now listen to me…I know its really bad, but…You don’t have much time left, your girl left you, and you are very unhappy. BUT. YOU. ARE. NOT. A. MURDERER! Isn’t that worth something?” Pinkie said, looked at him, and smiled, a little soft warm smile.
Mr Bonnyton was silent for a while, then he arose, like a pony who has overcome the darker parts of himself.
”Thank Celestria you came…Thank CELESTRIA you came!...”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment