• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 875 Views, 28 Comments

Candy to the chicken - MichelleTwistaloo



Scootaloo has her heart beating faster than rainbow dash can fly, all for one filly, Twist! Can she face her fears and admit what she feels to her classmate?

  • ...
5
 28
 875

The romance

She knew she was right about it, and she had known it for a long time, though she was no older than 8, barely a filly, she was sure of it. In fact she was super duper absolutely analytically, extensively and rhythmically, absurdly and most importantly emotionally, sure of it.

She loved her, and though she was another filly, and they barely talked with one another, she was sure the feelings that populated her heart, making it beat faster than the most swift of the Pegasus could fly, were real. And though they weren't exactly “Friends” or more than “Mere classmates”, she knew she had to risk it.

She was feeling nervous, the undigested rests of her meal, that should have been resting on her stomach, insisting in coming up her throat, not enough to make her gag, but just enough that she could feel it. The lump in her throat, that threatened to make her voice sound even higher pitched than usual, and the rumbling on her belly, made her be unsure if this was the right move.

“I could probably wait” She told herself... “Besides, it’s not like doing this without makeup or a well combed mane would help”, she backed off, dreams of the two sitting together in her eyes, but uncertainty in her mind. She never even wore makeup, it was just not her thing, not that she was a tom-colt but she had it in her mind that they were better things to do, like running, trying to fly, try to get a cutie mark, beat everyone else at ball games, idolize the wonderbolts....well, maybe she was one. So it stood to fact that she was not ready to try and convince her classmate to go on a date. Besides, not counting Sweetie, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon, not a single filly wore makeup.

“So I’m making up excuses...so what” – she talked to herself, like a silly silly, or the mad hatter. “It’s not like I have to do this...I just really really really want to!”.

But that could wait another day she figured, after all, who else but her could appreciate the sweetness of the curly mane, the awkwardness of her lisp, and the way her glasses made her eyes shine so brightly and look so big?

So she waited, and she waited, and waited.

It was three weeks later that she finally found the courage to ask her out, with the encouragement of her friends (Sweetie purposefully pushing her into the “Ask her” territory, due to being taught from a very young age by a very into it sister the importance of a good romance, while Apple Bloom just sort of shrugged her legs and told her that she’d feel a lot better if she confessed what she felt, though “Twist is one to ignore ponies, thinks she’s much more important just ‘cause of her cutie mark”). But Scootaloo was sure she would not ignore her, after all the lisp pony was perfect, was she not?

Scootaloo trotted forward, her best “Squirt” look on her face, she was going to be like her idol, she was going to handle the situation with a coolness that made it that Twist wouldn’t even think of refusing her offer! And then they’d share the candies Twist would make, and they’d go for rides on her Scooter! And then they’d end up every date with a big’ol kiss.

Scootaloo had to admit, she never even though of kissing anypony, much less another filly, but Sweetie insisted that it was only “proper”, and there was nopony in school that knew more about romance than “Obsessed with romance and finding true love” Raritys 'little sister.

So she trotted, trotted with purpose, she was sure she would do this. A slight breeze was traveling trough the air, and the smell of candy was taking a lift from the breeze, she knew exactly where she was heading, and she had a pretty good idea of what she would say.

Unfortunately, as with everything, love has a way to ruin even the more though out speech, and, after being invited to enter the house and try out those candy canes, that Twist talked so much about, Scootaloo almost chocked on them, as the proximity was intoxicating. More than the smell of the freshly made candy cane, and the sweet taste of it on her mouth, Scootaloo felt the smell of the cocoa shampoo that twist used, as well as the light scent of burning in the oven, and the heat it provided. But she choose to focus on the smell of cocoa, as it came from Twist, and Twist was all it mattered.

“Scho, how azre you enchojoin the tachste?” Twist asked and Scootaloo could only thank Celestia for the opportunity to be there.
“Those are pretty good, but the really great part is the baker”

Twist blinked, one, two times. Scootaloo put her hooves in front of her mouth, she couldn't believe she had said something so stupid!

“Wzell, tzhanks”

No, no no no no no! It couldn't have started in a worse way, Scootaloo looked at Twist’s big eyes that were made even bigger by the glasses.

“Sorry”

Another two blinks, and then Twist did the most unexpected thing, she smiled, the smile as big as the ones caused by the pink party pony and then simply said.

“For wchat? Ist wacs cute”

Scootaloo smiled too, and became bright red, red Big Macintosh. And then she sort of mumbled something which Twist deciphered as “I hate cute”

But Twist clarified it was the good kind of cute, the one that she liked to hold close to her heart, and that gave Scootaloo hope.

So, while not in the exact manner she had predicted or planned, she at least had the opening to ask, and so she did...

“Twist, would you like to go to the movies with me....or to Sugarcube corner or to....well the place doesn't really matter it’s just....I like you and and....”

Before Scootaloo kept Rambling Twist only told her the words she wanted to hear the most, “Yes”

And Scootaloo hoof bumped the air and yelled out an “Awesome”

She was sure they’d have a lot of fun.

Author's Note:

What's with the Random Pairing? ScootaTwist? I have literally never seen such a pair, frankly, I just rolled the dice, to see what pair I would write in my random shipping story, and they came up, oh well, whatever. his is My second English story, with how helpful the community has been, I just can't help but feel appreciated, so I decided to post my second story a little bit quicker, this one's a tad clichê, but whatever, I hope you have enjoyed! it!

Comments ( 28 )

Can I request you do a shipfic for me? :pinkiesad2:

4147592 Hum sure, although I normally work with the younger kind, fillies and colts, what's the pairing?

4147639 Actually, it is a young pairing. :twilightsheepish: It would be nice if you could do a Twistweight shipfic. :twilightsmile:

4147680 Twist-Featherweight, right? Sure, I can do that, I already have a few short random separated scenes with feather in him, do you want it in private or do you want me to publish it?

4147694 How about public? It's always nice to take a risk. :raritywink: Also yes, Twist x Featherweight.

4147707 Would you rather it be told in a third person perspective, a first person perspective from Twist or a first person perspective from Feather? I just need those details.

4147728 Third person makes me feel like I'm creepily stalking them and listening to everything their saying. Third person please. :pinkiecrazy:

This really was a strange shipping.
But it was a nice short read.:twilightsmile:
Just one thing:
You forget to add periods/commas at the end of dialogue.

4147875 Darn it! There's always something I miss, oh well, thank you for noticing and informing me about it!

:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:
CUTE!!

4148100 I don't know what show / movie your avatar picture is from, but I would like to know as soon as possible :rainbowlaugh:

4148476 It's from a show called Married With Children, which aired in the late 80's and 90's. The character in the picture is called Al Bundy.

4148522 Looks intressing, but the wikipedia article says it has 11 seasons, I JUST don't have the time to sink in a show that long, you know, exams years and all, maybe in the summer? Are the episodes 22 or 44 minutes long?

4148538 The episodes are 22 minutes. And I don't know if I'd call it interesting, but it is funny, if you like cheesy 90's sitcoms (which I do).

4148553 I do love me some 90's corny cheese, Is it "EXTREEEEEEEME" or is it more of that bad kind of trying to appeal more to adults?

4148562 Well... if by "appeal to adults" you mean it has sex jokes, then yes, but they're mostly just horrible puns and stuff like that.

4148576 Ah I see....I have a question for you, see you've been here longer than me and what's the majority of the fandom take on "Gay", no, not yuri, yaoi, pure male on male, like, I've been daydreaming about writing this pipsqueak x featherweight fanfic in which feather pretends to like girls and is always making comments to the girls such as "Oh, nice body today Dinky", but everpony knows. And sure I know everyone's gay for Braeburn and I've read some apple incest between him and Mac, but how do you think people would react? Less receptive?

4148587 Generally, a male/male fanfiction will receive a few random downvotes just from people who can't stand the thought of two stallions (or colts) falling in love, but those people are the minority. I for one like male-on-male stories.

There's a group you can join for people who specifically like to write and read male/male stories.

4148611 Won't be a few downvotes that'll stop me from writing light romance! I've had my roots in romance in yaoi, that is, male on male, and I've planning this fanfic for a few weeks now, i have yet to write it...maybe I will do it after writing the prompt given to me by Eclipse, he asked and I should give him priority after all..

Can you link me to that group please? Thank you


4148611 Nevermind, that green really blends with the black when I'm reading and replying, I've already missed a few links today, must play closer attention, thank you

4148654 You're welcome!

Wow:rainbowhuh: just.....wow

You might want to look into working with an editor so you can do some polishing, but it's cute and it's kind to Twist, so I added it to the Twist group and took it out of the submission folder.
:twistnerd::twistnerd::twistnerd::twistnerd:

4817998 Thank you for adding it to the group. This was my third or fourth story in english, which I wrote in the most simple manner I could (this was before I was confident on my abilities with the english language enough to try and write more than simple description and dialogue), after a certain moment I started getting bolder and bolder with my writing, to the point where this is (despite being only some months old) an old shame.

Stlil I'm glad you liked it!

oh dear :trollestia:..

I mean I love Twist's lisp, I really do but there is a much simpler formula to writing her lisp, and it allows the reader to actually understand what you are trying to have her say.

s = th

the "s" and s sounds are what she struggles with. So if you just replace the s with or add TH you should better represent that adorable speech impediment that makes her so unique.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment