• Published 25th Jul 2014
  • 1,532 Views, 107 Comments

Skyfall: Retribution - Dusk Quill



A disgraced king seeks his revenge against Equestria, and against the ponies that brought him down.

Comments ( 33 )

Bad fucking ass.

Well.....does this remind anyone about a certain mission in battlefield 4 where everything went FUBAR?

Things coulda gone better holy hell am I happy theirs a new chapter!

If I could thumbs up this more I would. Fantastic chapter once again.

I think I remember a Livestream where it was said that a character will be revealed to be gay. So, it's Valiant then. Sharp Shot seemed quite surprised. :pinkiegasp: If you don't ask, they don't tell.

I just realized this story has a "Sex" tag. Does that mean that by the time this story's done, two ponies are going to get it on? :yay:

Either way, this was quite an exciting installment. Just one step closer to finding Cadance. Can't wait for their next mission. Keep up the good work. :pinkiehappy:

Haven't started reading yet, but its got the Tragedy tag... Oh shit. DQ, you do what you have to do. I'll just be sitting here, hardening my heart.

Damn it took me a long time to read this, but as alway, I wish I had read it sooner. Fucking awesome.

Oh, one thing:

The ears in his head began turning.

I assume it's supposed to be gears, not ears. Unless Sharp Shot has some secret mutation that means his brain is full of ears and this is just a lead up to the big reveal?
Yep, totally going to be my head canon. :pinkiecrazy:

This was a rather wonderful chapter. Nicely done, though... Fleety's gonna have to give his old friend an "I'm sorry for beating you up in the middle of the night" gift...

“Let me see.” Shining lifted the binoculars again. Dammit, Fleethoof was right. “Okay, so that might work… But we still have other options.”

“Put it to a vote then.”

Yeah, let's just vote on stuff. Fuck that chain of command bullshit. I'm not quite sure why they thought it would be a good idea to have two leaders for this group with equal authority. Sounds like a recipe for disaster if Shining Armor and Fleethoof can't agree on something.

“I was thinking about how to move more easily without getting caught,” she remarked.

“You’ve got no protection!”

Don't worry Fleet, she's likely infertile. Or you could just pull out. Or...oh wait, you meant against bullets? Carry on.

“Staff Sergeant,” Fleethoof said, his loud voice booming in the confined space of the elevator, “I appreciate your efforts to get to know your teammates better, but this is not the time nor the place for it. If you’d like to meet Valiant’s coltfriend when we get back to Canterlot, then set up a lunch date. Right now I need you to keep your head here. Understood?”

They're running for their lives in the middle of a high-stakes mission in danger of being botched. He really shouldn't have to remind them like this. I know they're supposed to be quirky, but there's just a lack of excellence here that makes it more and more doubtful that they would be part of the very elite.

Excellent chapter. Real solid tension going on throughout. With that, I'm proud to say that I've caught up with the story and will be following it as long as you keep writing it. This is one of my favorite series on the site, and I've got to agree with my buddy Jake that you're the single most criminally under-appreciated writer on the site that I've read anything by. Keep up the awesome work, Dusk.

5933421
Thank you kindly for all your praise and support, my friend! It means a lot to me, and I look forward to your commentary as I continue working on this series. :twilightsmile:

Welp, I'm all caught up and loving the story so far!
As I said before, it's gonna be tough going from binge-reading these to waiting for releases. But in this case I don't mind.

And now we wait..

Had a slow weekend and I managed to stumble upon the first part of the saga. Read everything up to this story. I'm extremely impressed to say the least. Magnificent story, I can't wait to see more.

Like... A lot more...

Like... This was initially supposed to last me the week to read, but it was too good, so I read it all.

Good job, Only a handful of stories here have had me do that!

I'm looking forward to more chapters... But this story hasn't gotten an Update since January... :rainbowderp:

Still, Great story, Can't wait for more! :twilightsmile:

JBL

Right, I've finally caught up to the current chapter since I started a few days ago. This has been one of the more pleasantly surprising finds I've stumbled across. Keep up the good work!

Marathoned your entire series on a whim while waiting for updates to the long list of stories I'm following, and I'm pleased to say that this has been added to that list. :pinkiehappy: Fantastic storylines, great characters, and a very immersive world to top it all off. I look forward to seeing what you put up next.

So, we gonna see another story go into hiatus, or are you gonna string us along with the little tag of incomplete. Keeping us hoping that you're working on another chapter. I understand that life gets in the way of things, like writing pony words, but if that's the case you have to let your audience know! Don't just keep us in the dark while hoping for another chapter.

Wooooh that was an experience can't wait till the next chapter.:pinkiehappy:

r u continuing the story?

Most likely dead. This sucks.

Update soon?

Just binged the entire saga over the course of 3 days, only to be stopped in my tracks by an "on hiatus" tag on a story apparently not updated in 2 years...

Welp...

Could you please either finish the story already or hand the rights of it to someone else?

8166798
I know right... :(
So sad. We don't get the ending and we'll be left with this cliffhanger...forever...

Man I was just catching up on my seriously deep backlog of my "Read Later" list that has built up badly since 2013. Absolutely tore through all of the Skyfall series. Loved every minute. Then, I see the thing I dread most: The On Hiatus tag with the last update over five years ago. It breaks my heart. Whatever you are doing now, Dusk, I hope you're successful and haven't lost your creative spirit. I won't hold out hope that it will ever finish, but I will say that I have enjoyed all of the stories. They really captured me in a way a lot of others don't.

“Do we have enough rope to reach the ground from up here?”

“I guess we’ll find out,” said Shining, his face as impassive as it had been since they began their mission.

In A Canterlot Wedding - Part 1, Shining has the power to cover Canterlot in a protective barrier and keep it there constantly. Why not have a flat and much smaller barrier between the Mossad Headquarters and a nearby building, creating a magic bridge between the two. Or, put a barrier over the door to that final office and leave it there until their team got out onto the street.

“Let’s go find a window and get the hell out of here before anypony else gets hurts.”

“Let’s go find a window and get the hell out of here before anypony else gets hurt.”

Dusk Quill, taking a creative nonfiction class at a local university might help you to rediscover your inner fire to reignite your creativity. Creative nonfiction, also known as narrative nonfiction, or literary nonfiction is a true story written in the style of a fiction novel. The narrative nonfiction genre contains factual prose that is written in a compelling way, facts told as a story.

Or try a creativity booster. I recommend Roger von Oech's “Creative Whack Pack” card deck that is a useful creativity tool. Ten years ago, I took a Communication and Creativity class while getting my Journalism degree. That creativity card deck and handbook is only 27 dollars and could help you as it helped me. Many of these creativity cards are posted online, giving you a chance to review the cards before you buy it or not.

I’ve just binged This entire series over this week and holy shit I have never felt my soul be crushed as fast as when I saw that Hiatus tag

This is a great series and your a very talented author

My I assume that these events happen before the episode “Magical Mystery Cure”, because Twilight is still not an Equestrian princess?

So, I just read this whole series over about a week to a week and a half, and I have to say this is amazing. I really hope that this continues soon. You've become one of my favorite authors here and I really enjoy your style and pacing. Everfree brought back memories of the mansion from Resident Evil, and I really enjoy how you have had Fleethoof grow and evolve as time has gone on. And just like another of my favorite story series on this site, the main character is again a Pegasus warrior. Between Fleethoof and Silent Knight, the authors here are going to ruin me for other characters. Keep up your amazing work and I hope to see more of this series soon!

Login or register to comment