• Published 4th Mar 2014
  • 1,366 Views, 75 Comments

Vamponies - wolf smith



I'm turned into a vampony by a friend, how will my life change

  • ...
31
 75
 1,366

Nightmares

Author's Note:

Questions? just ask

I woke up the next day sleepy as hell. I slept, but I don’t remember anything from that night. I slowly got out of bed and got ready for class, necklace, fur brushed, normal day. I tried teleporting out, but I was too sleepy. I walked to school almost passing out, but I made it to history. I walked in and took my seat, but my eyes failed me as when I sat down I fell straight asleep.

“SHADOW!! Shadow Light!” I jumped up as I looked around and found a very angry Discord.

“W-what happen?” I asked still half asleep.

“You fell asleep. It’s ok, but I don’t want it happening again. You didn’t miss much, just a video that’s it.” he said looking to the door. “Better get going, it’s already time for the last class of the day.”

“Wait....what!” I jumped up and ran out the door, but I only got to the class as the bell rang.

I walked through the door and sat down, but my eyes failed me again. I feel asleep.

“Shadow! wake up, come on now.” I heard somepony call to me. I opened my eyes to find Twilight. “Good...you fell asleep.”

“Again? Great.” I looked up to the clock, which looked broken. “What happen to the clock.”

“Discord...”

I looked around eyeing the fact that the place had gotten darker. Things just seemed dark, like somepony had took film and put it over my eyes. “Hi Twilight, why is it dark? Twilight??”

She was gone, something was very wrong. I got up and walked a bit before being stopped.

“Shadow, are you ok?” I turned to see what I thought was Night, but no...it was...Nightmare Moon.

“N-nightmare M-moon...W-what...b-but...you are...d-dead.” I tried backing up.

“Heheheh..no young one...you can’t kill me that easy.” ‘He’ started to laugh evilly. It was Night’s voice, but Nightmare’s body.

“No..nononono...this is not real!!!” I screamed into the darkness as I started to fall. I don’t know how long I fell, but I soon hit the ground. “Ow...that...hurt”

“Young one, the one you know is not what he seems...heheheh” Nightmare walked out into view, smiling.

“Nightmare...no...Mother” I hear a voice said.

Nightmare smiled as she turned behind her to see Night standing there. “Young Night, I see you came here to help me.” They locked eyes.

Night smiled as he took the spot beside Nightmare. “Hello Shadow.”

“N-night?” My voice was shaky.

“Yes?” He tilted his head to the side.

“Young Night, are you ready to rule again?” Nightmare spoke up looking over to Night.

Night smiled. “But of course dear mother, but first...”

“But first what?”

“Leave his dreams!” Night jumped up and spawned two swords. “I would never rule with you!”

“Fool, they can’t hurt me! I made them!” Nightmare laughed.

“Yes, you did, but I wield them now!” Night took one of the swords and held it up. “Night Wind, lets banish this nightmare!”

Night ran at Nightmare Moon as I stood back. Night swang his swords hitting Nightmare, who vanished to dust. The mist floated around Night, but stopped. He spawned a small white orb and the mist was sucked into it, turning the white orb black.

“W-what was that?” I asked stepping forwards. I reached a hoof up to touch it, but Night stopped me.

“Touch it, and kiss good dreams goodbye. You need to wake up...wake up.” Night vanished. I closed my eyes and tried opening them, they were heavy. I could hear Night talking to Twilight.

“More, did she really get to that many ponies?” Night asked. I opened my eyes and saw him with the orb, holding it in front of Twilight.

“I don’t know, but she did do some damage.”

After Tirek’s defect, darkness overtook Luna again, turning her into the dark mare. I was young when it happened, I wondered out and soon ran into her. She talked about the night and darkness and left.

“Shadow, are you ok??” Twilight looked over to me as I sat up.

“F-fine....W-what happened?”

“Nightmare Moon, my mother.” Night said sitting down beside me. “You’re brave.”

“But wait...Luna changed seven years ago, how old are you?” I looked over to Night with a wondering look over it.

“He’s was born when Luna first turned Nightmare.” Twilight said spawning a book, same book I read the other night.

“But...would that mean??” I looked back down.

“Yes, I’m older than Twilight and everypony here.” He said looking down.

“What does he mean?” I looked over to Twilight.

“Night is about 1016 years old.” She said flipping through the book.

My eyes widened at this, a unicorn living that long.

“Yes, I am old, but I don’t that get in my way. When Nightmare Moon returned she casted spells on a few ponies...you were one, pure nightmares.” He started. “Nightmares that awoken when you drank my blood.”

“So...that black stuff was-”

“Darkness, it runs in my magic, soul, and blood.” Night horn lighted up with a black mist around it. “I was born on it, I control what I can.”

“So...what happens if you let it take over?” I saw a tear fall from his eye.

“What..happens...is...” He started to cry. “I turn into a monster...I was Nightmare's son so....I turn into her!” He screamed as he broke down in tears.

I backed up. That book said Night was Nightmare’s son, so those that mean that...Nightmare is Night and Night is Nightmare? “So...you are Nightmare Moon...but kind?”

“No, I was born with some of her powers, the darkness has tried to take me over, but have failed. Thanks to Luna.” Night pointed to the swords behind him. “These. These swords were hers. She made them to fight the light, but thanks to Twilight....she is no more.”

“Just doing my job.” Twilight grabbed a marker writing the date for tomorrow.

“So...whats with the swords...Twi had problems picking them up.” I walked over to them.

“Touch them as you’ll have pain for weeks.” I was starting to touch them, but shot my hoof back.

“They....burned my horn.” I pointed to my horn as I said that.

“Darkness will do that to a unicorn.” Night picked up the swords, not flinching or anything. “I can hold them cause I am made of darkness, Twilight had problems.”

“Yea, almost burned off my horn.” Twilight seemed to back away as Night grabbed them.

“Alicorns and Unicorns are weak to darkness...filled with light.” Night spawned a picture. “You see darkness is around, but most unicorns and alicorns can touch it or use it...But Nightmare got full power over it, being the son of her I got some powers...anyways are you hungry?”

My belly rumbled at the thought of eating. “Yea....I guess...but shouldn’t I be getting home?”

“Yea...you should, come I’ll take you home.” Night powered his horn and wave goodbye to Twi before we appeared outside my door. “Here you go and here.” He spawned a glass of normal blood.

“Good night, don’t let the nightmare’s bite.” He teleported away. I looked at the glass, normal blood. I drank it down and went to sleep, it got late...fast.