• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 19,740 Views, 524 Comments

But I'm here for you now - Dashzilla93



A mother and daughter finally reunite.

  • ...
38
 524
 19,740

Epilogue

Author's Note:

And the final chapter is edited, too. On a roll with this and I'd like to thank my editor for helping me. They're amazing. Hope you enjoy the new edits and thanks for riding the feels train with your conductor Dashzilla93! All aboard for the sequel! :pinkiehappy:

***Yesterday since the talk between Rainbow Dash, Big Macintosh and Scootaloo***

Rocky Road stood inside his lettuce tent as his last customer gave him the right amount of bits for five heads of lettuce and walked away, smiling from having such good service.

"Have a great day. Come back anytime," Rocky said in a friendly tone as he sat down, sighing a little in relief once he took the chance to relax.

He was just about to pack up and close for the night. He thought that a nice nap would do him some good after a day like this. He was about to turn around when a familiar cyan pony dove straight down out of nowhere and landed in front of him and his lettuce stand, kicking up a good amount of dirt and gravel.

Rocky winced and covered his face from the flying gravel before he lowered his arm to see the pony rise up with a face of anger and determination, "Rainbow Dash?" He said as he wiped the dirt off his apron, and made sure what was left of the produce wasn't too covered in dirt, "Warn me the next time you do that! You'll spoil the veggies!" Rocky said in a bit of frustration. He didn't want to make his customers sick with dirty vegetables. He calmed himself before asking, "What's with the sudden dramatic entrance?"

The hot-tempered mare approached the stand, and sternly asked, "I'm looking for somepony who works here. I have a bone to pick with him, Rocky." She made sure Rocky got the message. She would've loved to say hi to him, but she wasn't in the mood for distractions. She scowled as she leaned over the tent to try and spot who she's looking for, speaking angrily, "I know he's in there."

Rocky wasn't scared of Rainbow Dash, but he did understand the look in her eyes and tone in her voice; he got the message real quick, but he had to ask, "Yeesh, what the heck did he do to make you so angry?" He was kind of confused as to what she meant. He had five employees who are all males that work in his lettuce shop, and Rainbow Dash wasn't being specific on who she was talking about. "And mind being a bit more specific? I have five employees working for me, Dash – so details matter right here."

"What did he do?!" She put a sarcastic hoof on her chin and said, "Let's see, hmm, oh yeah!" She glared at Rocky as she listed off, "He hurt my best friend, knocked her up, abandoned her when she was pregnant and refused to even speak to her. Shall I go on or is this perfectly clear?" She said in a tone so serious and furious Rocky widened his eyes in shock from the aggression Rainbow Dash had shown him. He's never seen her so angry before but he nodded anyway.

"Oh, I see. I think I know who you mean. Lucky for you, he's in the back putting some stuff up. Want me to fetch him?" he asked with a small bead of sweat on his forehead. He's going to feel sorry for his employee when Rainbow Dash sees him. No doubt nab him and strangle him until his throat is nothing but a thread.

Rainbow Dash nodded with an angry glare, "Do it fast. I don't have all day." She said as she waited. She had to do it. She had questions that needed to be answered.

Rocky walked away and opened the curtain that lead to the back of the tent. Rainbow Dash watched shadows of Rocky and another pony. She heard glimpses of them talking, but they were just mumbles; she was going to say something until she heard shouting inside.

"What?! How did she know where I worked?" a confused, frightened voice emitted from inside the tent.

"I don't know, and I don't really care. She's impatient and she's also in a really bad mood," Rocky shook his head, "Might as well go out there and talk to her unless you want a trip on the pain train, and the conductor is out there waiting for you," Rocky suggested as he pointed outside. "She mentioned something about you hurting her best friend."

The employee let out a loud, grunting sigh complete with an exaggerated eye-roll before responding, "Fine, I'll talk to her. And you know who her best friend is; I've told you a thousand times," he talked rather assertively to his boss.

"Hey! Don't you take that tone of voice with me, buster!" He narrowed his eyes at his employee. "Talk to me like that again and you're out of here. Got it?!" Rocky retaliated, promising to fire him should he disrespect him again before the stallion nervously nodded – he needed this job and Rocky was generous when he hired him, and it wouldn't be a good idea to cross him today. "I know who it is, but I am not going to get involved in it. This is all on you!"

'Wow, Rocky doesn't mess around when managing this place,' Rainbow Dash thought as she watched and overheard him talking to his employee like an actual boss. 'Spitfire should take some lessons.'

"Sorry, boss," He dipped his head before walking away and peeling back the curtain, approaching Rainbow Dash who still had a stern look on her face. "Long time, no see, Rainbow Dash," he said in a bitter tone, narrowing his eyes at the cyan pegasus.

Rainbow Dash blinked and snapped herself out of her thoughts before she gave a cold glare to the stallion before her, "Oh, spare me your formal greetings, pal," Rainbow Dash snarled, "You have tons of explaining to do." She replied in an equally bitter tone.

***Present time***

A heavy storm kicked in during the night. Raindrops crashed onto the roof as thunder woke up half of the animals who were staying in Fluttershy's cottage. Lightning occasionally brightened up the night sky now and then accompanied by thunder afterward, naturally frightening the little defenseless critters, spooked by the danger of the stormy nights.

Yet, throughout the booming, scary noise brought from the storm, Fluttershy slept soundly in her bed, giving off a gentle snore. She snuggled her head close to her pillow as she slept during the storm.

A sudden boom of loud thunder erupted and woke up Scootaloo. She let out a quick gasp before panting softly. She sat up on the edge of her bed and looked out the window and watched the rain pour down and splash outside the window. It was too dark for her to see anything, yet she was able to see her reflection. She then thought she was dreaming the whole thing about Fluttershy being her real mother and figured she was still in that crummy orphanage; life was a cruel deity. She blinked a few times and narrowed her eyes down in depression, anger and exhaustion from being woken up. She sighed to herself, thinking she had no parents and that she'll always be an orphan until the day she dies. She laid back down and rested on her side before closing her eyes to try and get some sleep, again.

Lightning shined through the window and thunder crashed into the earth, causing Scootaloo to jump up back on her haunches from the shock; that felt closer than usual. She looked out the window, again, only to feel two soft arms gently wrap around her in a hugging motion and easily pulled her back down, but she didn't fight back. Confused, she looked down at what was holding onto her. Being it was dark as a cave, her mind clouded her to realize that and she calmed down long enough for her vision to slowly adapt and adjusted to the darkness as she was able to see what was grabbing her. She saw two yellow arms coiled around her in a cozy hug. Scootaloo widened her eyes a bit before feeling something touch her back and tiny wings. It felt like soft fur.

Scootaloo turned her head and looked up to see Fluttershy holding her close in her arms. Scootaloo's eyes grew wider and her jaw locked open. It wasn't a dream, she wasn't in the orphanage; it was all real, and she was with her real mother. Her mind just gave her a sick, twisted illusion! Her surprised look turned into happiness when she realized all of this was real and that she was finally back in her mother's arms and in the pajamas she gave her earlier. Okay, life may not be as cruel, but it loved to play dirty tricks.

"Don't be scared, sweetie," Fluttershy said as she held her daughter close and placed her head on top of hers, smiling lovingly as she comforted her little one as best she could.

"I'm not scared, mom. I was just startled," Scootaloosaid as she smiled, trying to act tough, but the warmth of Fluttershy's arms felt like a blanket to her as she slightly snuggled close to her chest. The tough act really didn't last long as a joyful, relaxed smile embedded on her face as she closed her eyes.

Fluttershy looked down to see her daughter snuggle close to her and nuzzle her head against her fur. She smiled warmly and nuzzled her head against Scootaloo's head as she gently tightened her hold a bit. Scootaloo looked up at Fluttershy only to have a tender, motherly kiss pressed against her forehead.

"I'm so happy I have you back home and in my arms, my precious little baby." Fluttershy said warmheartedly to her daughter as she kept nuzzling her child, glad to finally have her home.

Scootaloo smiled and nuzzled under Fluttershy's chin as a small tear slid down from her eye, "I'm happy I finally found you. I missed you so much, mommy," no more nightmares, no more worries, no more anguish. Scootaloo couldn't be at any more peace.

The storm raged on, but that didn't stop them from snuggling close to one another. They laid down with the covers over them while Scootaloo nestled in her mother's arms.

Fluttershy smiled warmly as a single tear rolled down her cheek. She softly caressed her daughter's head and gave her another gentle kiss on the forehead, "I missed you so much too, my little baby," she said as she enjoyed this moment with her flesh and blood. She couldn't ask for any more than this.

"Mommy…" Scootaloo softly called out, drawing Fluttershy's attention.

"Yes, sweetie?" she responded softly to her.

"I… I love you," Scootaloo softly said as she fell back to sleep.

And at that moment, Fluttershy was at a loss for words. Her eyes widened only slightly. She bit her lip to prevent them from quivering and tried her best to hold any hiccups that wanted to come out, but the tears from hearing her daughter say those three words begged to differ. Her heart filled to the brim with warmth and love. If there was any goal in life she never thought of expecting until now, this was it. It didn't occur to her of that very thing and she couldn't be more prouder of herself. She smiled softly down at Scootaloo and nuzzled her motherly, holding her close in her soft, loving, comforting embrace as she slowly drifted to sleep after her daughter.

"I love you too, Scootaloo."

Comments ( 130 )

I came into this story telling myself I ain't gonna cry.


I was lying to myself.

God damn you onion ninjaaaaaaaaas!!!! :raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::pinkiesad2::fluttercry:

Many concrete walls were punched till this day. Fantastic story.

i love it and please make a sequel for this story

I really love stories that give Scootaloo a happy ending, but I will admit I wanted to see the pain and suffering Dashie would bring to Scoots' father. You know making him pay child support and all that stuff a proper father should do for his child. Like the others I would enjoy a sequel but don't feel like you have to.

4774275 B-b-b-b-but Onion Ninja is best Pon-... I mean Ninja... best ninja... Um... okay bye!

Before reading
Me: Ha! Sad stories? Give me a break! They are not all that sad.
After reading
Me: Onion ninjas, we meet again. :trixieshiftleft:

i like the story, but is there a happy story with Fluttershy being her mother too? I like the story, but i am not happy with the idea that it ends right after they come together.

PS: If there is a sequel ten i would like to read this one too, i allready read on which was similiar to this, the same idea i mean, if there is a sequel it would give me a reason to read this version too.

This needs a sequel. There would be a ton of things for you to do in it.:pinkiehappy: Also I loved the story. I think Scootaloo and Fluttershy make a good family. :scootangel::yay: And this story was so sad and heartwarming that I cried twice throughout the story.:fluttercry::fluttercry:
Thanks for the story! :moustache:

Hm... the most unusual part about Scootaloo's birth father is... even if he abandoned Fluttershy, he apparently talked about her enough that he thinks his boss should obviously know who Rainbow Dash's best friend is. Is he resentful? Guilty? It's too big a teaser why did you do this?! :raritydespair:

Yay! Scootaloo is where she belongs, in her real home.

4774199 Unfortunately, he never made it to Ponyville. All they found was some feathers.

I have one thing to say, and one thing only:

:yay:

So what happened to Scootaloo's dad? Is rainbow going to drag him back to Ponyville???

This... has to be one of the most confusing fanfictions I've ever read. Not in the sense that I don't know what's going on, but in the sense as to where the story went. When I saw the comic strip and begin reading this story, some questions came to mind that just weren't answered.

Where were Fluttershy's parents in all this? You'd think they would show concern for their daughter.

If Fluttershy was secretly stalking Scootaloo, shouldn't she have known the employers were being complete douches?

How did Pinkie Pie know?! This one boggles my mind even after I read the comic and this story. It isn't explained here and there.

I wish I had these answers, but that will only add more confusion than clearing them. :derpytongue2:

Sweet and very hart warming
A sequel is a bonus but not required.
~Tobben

4774663 4774732 Where oh where, did the fact that Scootaloo's father is already in Ponyville and has been for years slip by you two? Was it in chapter two when this happened;

She puts them in a bag and happily trots into Ponyville to find more groceries and supplies for her animal friends and herself.

She spots a lettuce stand two feet away and trots over to the stand, smiling. She was in a good mood today. Having to do something nice for her friends always lifts her spirit. She approaches the lettuce stand, “Um, excuse me…,” she said in a soft tone.

“What do you want?” a big, brawny pegasus with a slightly shaved beard and darkish brown fur rises from over the other side of the table, and glares at Fluttershy. He goes by the name, Rocky Road.


“Thanks, Rocky,” she smiled and placed the lettuce in her bag and walks away.

Rocky smiled and chuckled, “She’s such a nice and beautiful mare,” he turns his head with a disappointed glare, “It’s a shame you had to go and abandon her like that all those years ago.” a box is placed hard on the ground behind Rocky, “But I can see you don’t care about that …and her,” a mysterious shadow walks away and disappears behind the stand.

?? Or maybe it was in chapter six when this happened;

Since the talk about Scootaloo’s father was brought up, she slightly turned her head to the right and glanced back at the sky with a one-eyed venomous glare “Now there’s one more thing that needs to be done, and you better still be there, because when I see you…,” she stretched she wings to their full length, “I’ll be settling one huge score on you, you ungrateful, abandoning creep” she flapped her wings and rocketed into the clear blue sky, heading straight to Ponyville.

Leading to this flashback in chapter... the one you are commenting on:ajbemused:;

~ Yesterday since the talk between Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo~

Rocky Road stood inside his lettuce tent behind the stand as his last customer gave him the right amount of bits for five heads of lettuce and walked away, smiling from having good service.


Rocky covered his face from the flying gravel. Once the gravel ended, he lowered his arm to see the pony rise up and face him angrily, “Rainbow Dash? Warn me next time when you do that!” she shouted before whipping the gravel of his fur. “Why the sudden dramatic entrance?” he asked the hot tempered mare.

“I’m looking for somepony who works here,” She said sternly, “I have a bone to pick with him, Rocky” she walked up, stood on her hind legs and rested her forelegs on the stand. “I know he’s here”

“Yeesh, what did he do to make you so angry?” Rocky asked confused about Rainbow Dash’s behavior and who she meant. He has five employees who are males, and he thought Rainbow Dash wasn’t too specific on who she was talking about.

“What did he do?! Let’s see, he hurt my best friend, knocked her up, abandoned her while she was pregnant, and refused to even speak to her. Shall I go on or is perfectly clear.” She said with a tone so serious and angry Rocky widen his eyes in shock from the aggression Rainbow Dash had built up inside her.


What?! How did she know where I worked?” a confused, frightful voice emitted inside the tent.

“I don’t know. She’s not too happy with you right now. Might as well go talk to her, unless you want all kinds of pain put on you,” Rocky suggested, “She mentioned something about you hurting her best friend”

The employee let out a loud, gruntful sigh before responding, “Fine, I’ll talk to her. And you know who her best friend is; I’ve told you a thousand times” he talked rather assertive to his boss.

Now I want to know whom the sperm doner is... cause he may be the biological father, but he sure as hell AINT a Daddy!

Well, that was a nice ending. Pity we didn't get to see what Rainbow did to the father, whoever he is.

4775182 in my defense I read lots of fics and sometimes get details wrong. So when will the sperm donor be dragged to justice??? I can totally see all of Fluttershy's friends lining up to buck him in the nuts and then letting the CMC have a turn before Fluttershy's animal friends get a new chew toy!!!!

4775614 :pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp: that comment just blew my mind. Both MLD and Snowdrop are huge tear jerkers, and yet my story made you shed tears. I am surprised and happy and flattered. This is my first feels fanfic after all, and I'd never expect a lot of people to go feelsy about it. I should do this more often. :pinkiehappy:

4775909 are you going to make a sequel for this story

4775909 yes or no and i am sorry i reply to your comment two times

So sad :fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry: but it all worked out :scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::yay::yay::yay:

Raindrops crashed onto the roof and almost woke up half of the animals who were staying in Fluttershy’s cottage.

For a moment, I thought you meant the character.
fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/094/f/7/raindrops_mlp_fim_ehehehe_by_alecza1234-d4uzd9w.png

4776172 :rainbowlaugh: forgot a pony was named Raindrops. silly me :pinkiehappy:

4776190 I find that either way works.

There is a loose end in the story: scoots dad :derpytongue2:

Well Scootaloo getting a pet shouldn't be out out of the question. Fluttershy's property is littered with all kinds of animals.

While I do share the "aw" factor with everyone here that things worked out. The future is going to be interesting but yet typical. Sure it's all fun, love and games at the start but once the growing starts Scootaloo might seem a bit resentful with the idea that she was still given away all that time ago. Living with Fluttershy should have its perks for now, but once the animal care starts kicking in Scoots might feel like skipping on some parts of responsibility to go out and play. Doesn't seem that much of a stretch either.

Scootaloo: Scooping poop off the ground is better than getting my stuff stolen I guess.

Dashzilla93 i have a question why haven't you reply to my resent comments i put on this chapter is it because i am annoying or something

4776363 :ajbemused: what in tarnation gave you that idea? I don't find you annoying at all. as for your question, a sequel is still a debate. for now, enjoy the story.

4776515 i don't know what give me that idea and ok, i will enjoy the story

Man I love this, I cant help it, I'm a sucker for Scootaloo meets patents/foster parents story.
Bravo good sir/mam. :twilightsmile:

4776633
Better to be safe than sorry haha. :scootangel:

4776739 so true, my friend. so true

The scene at the end was touching. Very nice.

Yay! Happy ending.:pinkiehappy: Aaaaw no-good father doesn't get hell beat outta him.:flutterrage:

A chance of a sequel? :pinkiegasp: Must read sequel when, no if, when it comes out!

I will eat your babies if you don't make a sequel -joking tone-

4778198 I has no babies, unless you count bomb as baby *Speaks in russian accent*

4778230

that depends. Is it a chicken bomb? if so, nope. only bob-ombs.

4778249 I was thinking bombs that explode pudding

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, you are an excellent writer. I wish I could write a s well as you, but alas... I can only draw

4778457

hmm........ I dunno. We may have to ask discord about that one.

4779468 whether write or draw, each tell a story. :twilightsmile:

Dashzilla, I believe I have just started my AU sequel. :pinkiehappy:

Let's see, the lady at the orphanage got put on notice; the rich brats got in trouble (finally); and Scootaloo's sperm donor probably got another beatdown by Rainbow Dash. Only things missing was the rest of Fluttershy's friends being told about Scootaloo being Fluttershy's daughter. All and all, a fantastic story.:pinkiehappy:

4784562 probably should've put something in there about that. oh well, silly me :rainbowlaugh:

4783582 I believe you have :pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment