• Published 14th Feb 2014
  • 1,298 Views, 3 Comments

Scootaloo's new idol - ChristophR



Another story about Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo and Scootaloo's wings. But because of a friendly bet gone wrong, Rainbow and Scootaloo are being separated, and Scootaloo has to follow a new 'idol'...

  • ...
5
 3
 1,298

Scootaloo's new idol

Scootaloo's new idol
(A one-shot story)

It was a beautiful morning in Ponyville. Scootaloo just left the CMC Clubhouse, where she, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle slumbered this night, and she got onto her scooter to drive through Ponyville.
It didn't take long until Rainbow Dash spotted her from up in the clouds and flew down to her biggest fan: "Hey, Scoots! What's up?"
"Not much." Scootaloo responded "Actually, I was just looking for you to ask if you have something interesting planned today."
"Something interesting?" Rainbow asked sarcastically "Are you kidding? You know me! I can't even imagine a single day without doing something AWESOME!"
"I knew you wouldn't let me down!" Scootaloo shouted in excitement.
Rainbow responded: "I'll tell you what: I am working on a new trick for quite some time now, and I think you are just the right pony to be the first one to ever experience it!"
"Yay!" Scootaloo said "But how about we make that even more interesting?"
"What did you have in mind, little filly?"
"How about you show off your new skills in a race against another pony?" Scootaloo asked "We could even place a bet! Whoever wins the race will be my awesome idol FOREVER!"
"I like your thinking, Scoots..." Rainbow answered "But I already AM your awesome idol!"
"Just wanna give the opponent the feeling the he or she could actually win something, heh! Of course you will stomp him or her into the ground!" Scootaloo grinned.
"Don't doubt that" Rainbow smiled "But... just to be sure – because I'm not gonna lose you because of some stupid bet – I'll take a weak opponent..."
Rainbow Dash scanned the town for the weakest pegasus she could find and ended up with Derpy Hooves: "Hey, Derpy! How about a race? Winner gets Scoot!"
"I-I'm not sure about this..." Derpy answered "I don't wanna have Scootaloo as a slave..."
"Oh, she'll not be a slave!" Rainbow responded "The winner just becomes her idol forever."
"Ooohh... If that's so, okay!" Derpy smiled.
"Ooooo, a race?" Pinkie Pie suddenly joined the conversation out of nowhere "I'll get the track ready! Meet me in five minutes at the park!"
"You are going to prepare a track in five minutes?" Rainbow asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Oh, silly!" Pinkie responded "The track is already finished! I need five minutes to get into my cheerleader outfit!" And with that she ran off.
"So in five minutes the park it is!" Rainbow shouted at Derpy.
Derpy said: "Yeah! Good luck. I think I'll donate muffins to the race buffet... See ya!"
With that, she flew off to the race track upside down.
"Come on, Scootaloo!" Rainbow turned to her fan "I'll take you with me to the park."

Five minutes later, everypony, EVERYPONY, was at the race track in the park (yeah, Pinkie told everypony about the race). Derpy actually donated muffins to the race buffet, and the Mane Four (without Rainbow and Pinkie), Spike, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom were all standing next to each other in the big crowd of ponies. Well, at least they got places in the first row. So they watched Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo and Derpy talking to each other at the start line.

"Well, so far for showing my new trick in private..." Rainbow said.
"But you are still going to win, right?" Scootaloo asked "You know how important you are as an idol for me?"
"Relax!" Rainbow Dash answered "I mean, look at Derpy! She can't even manage to fly properly!" She pointed at Derpy flying upside down again.
"You are right, Rainbow Dash. What was I thinking?" Scootaloo laughed.
In that moment Pinkie Pie walked to the start line to give the signal: "Are both competitors ready?"
"You bet!" Rainbow shouted.
"I made you a muffin!" Derpy said, throwing a muffin over to Pinkie while still flying upside down.
"Thanks!" Pinkie said and ate some of the muffin "I'll take that as a 'yes'. Ready..."
Rainbow got onto the start line, while Derpy turned her back to it.
"...Set..."
Rainbow got ready to start flying at any moment, while Derpy stopped flying, tripped over a rock and fell with the face in front of the start line.
Pinkie Pie continued: "... Bananas... Pi... Infinity... minus A..."
"SAY GO!" the crowd shouted.
Pinkie realized: "Oh, oopsie. GO!"
Rainbow Dash dashed off towards the horizon and was gone within seconds, while Derpy took it easy and slowly flew across the race track, upside down, but into the right direction.

The race track was pretty long, but after 10 minutes Rainbow Dash speeded across the finish line and then showed her new trick: She flew into the sky and used her rainbow trail to fly a picture of her cutie mark!
Little time later the watching crowd followed, impressed by Rainbow's trick.
"So, who won?" Twilight asked out of the crowd.
"Pinkie?" Rainbow asked, surprised to not find her at the finish line.
A moment later Pinkie walked out of the crowd: "Sorry, I wasn't able to follow."
"Well, then I guess that..." Rainbow started, but as she turned around, she saw that Derpy was already there all the time!
"...that... that Derpy... won?" Rainbow asked in shock.
"Ouch!" Pinkie said "That must hurt, Scootaloo." she turned to Scootaloo, who was next to Pinkie, but was paralyzed by the fact that she actually had to follow Derpy now!

"But... but... how can that be?" Rainbow Dash asked.
Derpy responded: "Oh, there was a shortcut. You missed it because you were flying so fast, and I wasn't able to tell you, but you were so fast anyway, so I thought you wouldn't need it. But I used it and was here within five minutes... or muffins... or bubbles?"
Scootaloo, back to reality, ran over to Rainbow Dash and was holding onto her left front hoof, crying: "Rainbow Dash! You said you would win for sure! That we wouldn't have to worry about anything! This was supposed to be a fun bet! I don't wanna leave you!"
"I'm sorry, Scoots..." Rainbow tried to hold back her tears "But when I learned one thing from being the element of loyalty, then that you always have to be true to your statements, including bets like this one. I really hate to say it, but... g... go over to Derpy. SHE is responsible for you now."
"You know, you really don't need t..." Derpy tried to say, but Rainbow Dash interrupted: "Take her already! Don't make it even harder than it already is!" and pushed Scootaloo over to the cross-eyed pegasus "Take good care of her."
"But..." Derpy said, but Rainbow Dash flew away with light speed.
The watching crowd was confused, and most of them just left because they didn't want to have something to do with the situation.
"Uh, hey Schoolaburn..." Derpy said.
"Scootaloo." Scootaloo corrected.
"Right, Scootaloo. Uhm, how about we go to a quiet place so we can introduce ourselves to each other in private..."
"I suppose it's alright" Scootaloo answered "You're my... 'idol' after all..."

In the meanwhile, Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack were searching the town for Rainbow Dash.
"Umm, Rainbow, where are you?" Fluttershy whispered.
Applejack said: "Do ya really think Rainbow Dash will hear you like that? Let me show ya how to call her: RAINBOW DASH! Come out! I know it hit ya hard, but hiding won't make it better, ya know?"
"RAAAIIINBOOOW DAAASH!!!" Pinkie Pie shouted the whole town together, and suddenly the friends heard some silent crying somewhere in the bushes. They followed the sound and found Rainbow Dash hiding in a bush, crying.
"Rainbow Dash! Are you crying?" Rarity asked "But you almost never cry!"
"That's why I'm NOT crying!" Rainbow Dash responded "I just have something in my eyes..."
"Like, tears about Scootaloo?" Twilight asked.
"No!" Rainbow shouted.
"Rainbow Dash?" Twilight lifted an eyebrow.
Rainbow changed her mind and nodded. "I can't believe I lost one of my best friends to Derpy!"
"But just lying here doesn't make it better!" Twilight responded.
Rainbow sighed: "You're right. Life goes on. Maybe I will find somepony new to train..."
As a random filly pegasus came along, Rainbow stopped the little guy: "Hey, you! You wanna be my new best fan?"
"Really?" The green pegasus with orange mane asked.
"Yeah."
"AWESOME!"
"So, how about we go to my favorite spot in the park for flying practice?" Rainbow Dash asked.
"Sure" the little pegasus responded, and they left.
"That wasn't exactly what I meant..." Twilight said.

Meanwhile, Derpy and Scootaloo were in a secret part of the park where they could talk in private.
"So, you wanna learn how to fly?" Derpy asked.
"Yeah" Scootaloo responded "Not even Rainbow Dash was able to teach me yet."
"I really don't understand why no one can teach you flying!" Derpy said confused "I mean, it is practically pretty easy. Once you get to know how to move your wings correctly..."
"Wait, what was that?" Scotaloo asked.
"What? Moving your wings correctly?"
"Yeah. Until now, i just tried to fly and stay up in the air as long as possible. I didn't know there was a wing technique!"
"Well that explains a lot." Derpy responded "Let me show you... How did it go again? Wait, you first have to stretch your wings like that... then do this position... and then this one... and then back to the wing stretching, I think. Then repeat."
"You are an expert on flying physics?" Scootaloo asked.
In that moment Derpy started to fly using the wing technique, but she was flying upside down again: "What are physics?"
"Nevermind..." Scootaloo said.
"Want another muffin before you try?"
"No thanks, I already had enough, even though they are actually pretty good how you bake them! Now I know why you love them so much!"
With that, Scootaloo tried using the technique Derpy showed her, and it worked!
"I... I'm flying! I am actually FLYING! Oh sweet Celestia, this feels awesome!"
"Yay!" Derpy shouted "You're doing great, Scootaloo! Even better than me! You know, I just got an idea about your scooter: I am a mailmare, you know, and if you would help me out with your scooter, we could finish my mail job even faster than before! The majority of the muffins will still be missing though, hehe..." she laughed awkwardly "I'll get the mailbag." With that, she was gone.
A moment later Scootaloo turned around to see Rainbow Dash in the distance.

Rainbow just arrived with her new fan and spotted Scootaloo on Rainbow's favorite spot, flying!
Rainbow was speechless, and the green pegasus filly asked: "Uh, Rainbow Dash, didn't you want to teach me how to fly?"
"You know what, kid?" Rainbow responded "Don't take it personally, but I think it was a stupid idea to take you under my wing... You see the filly over there? She used to be the one standing next to me, cheering for me, being the best fan ever... and one of my best friends..."
"What happened?" the green pegasus asked.
"A stupid bet, that's what happened!" Rainbow shouted "I lost Scootaloo to Derpy! Yes, the cross-eyed mare! I should never have agreed to that bet, I mean, look at Scoots! She is in so much better hooves now, Derpy even taught her how to fly! I should have been the one to teach her!"
"Hey, it's... it's okay." the pegasus filly said "I understand, and I will go. I am sure you will find a way to fix this." And with that, the unnamed filly left Rainbow alone.
As he was gone, Rainbow went out of Scootaloo's sight and then suddenly met her friends Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Fluttershy.
"How's it going with your new Scootaloo-replacement?" Applejack asked.
"I let him go. That was a stupid idea in the first place!" Rainbow answered "I just saw Scootaloo. FLYING! Derpy is so much better for her than I am. And it needed such a stupid bet for me to notice."
"It doesn't matter how much better Derpy is!" Twilight responded "Scootaloo needs YOU! There's got to be a way to fix this!"
"No, there's not." Rainbow said and left the park for Ponyville, followed by her friends.

Scootaloo in the meanwhile fell back onto the ground crying as she saw Rainbow Dash leaving again: "How is this my life? Derpy is nice and cool and such, but I need awesomeness! I need to be with Rainbow Dash! Oh, why did I have to come up with that stupid bet?"

(Warning: Song ahead.
Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, RD and Scoots, Derpy)

"That this bet was a mistake I can't deny
even though Derpy Hooves told me how to fly;
She gives me food and attention, everything I need;
But she is just not the right idol for me!"
"What have I done? I lost Scootaloo forever;
Derpy takes care of her so much better;
I just can't stop thinking of the one I do lack;
I will never get my Scootaloo back!"
"What did I do? Can't things really be set right?
Something's missing without you, I want everything to be alright!
There's no hope, I'll be unlucky for all eternity!"

"If the two of them would just listen to me..."

Derpy finished standing in the background, listening to the whole song.
Suddenly, a big shadow appeared over Scootaloo, and she was taken away!
Scootaloo was taken completely by surprise and shouted: "HELP!"
But just like Scoots, Derpy was also completely surprised and didn't know what to do! She only saw Queen Chrysalis being the kidnapper before she was out of sight.
"Oh no! What do I do?" Derpy shouted at herself in complete panic "How am I even supposed to help when I can only deliver mail, bake muffins and hardly fly right side up? I am a caretaker, but I am totally not made for a fight... Buuut I do know the right pony for this! I just hope she listens to me only this single time..."

Meanwhile, the Mane Six were sitting in Sugarcube Corner. Everypony was looking at the depressed Rainbow Dash.
"Hey, Dashie..." Pinkie said "I think I just have the right thing for you! Sugarcube Corner normally doesn't sell them, but for some reason they have your favorite food today! You know what I am talking about: The Daring Do Cake, the original with an original Daring Do Gadget in every cake! You love them, remember?"
"Nah..." Rainbow just groaned "I'll just take a blueberry muffin..."
Everyone gasped!
"But Rainbow, you are allergic to blueberries!" Twilight reminded Rainbow Dash of her allergy "Don't you remember what happened last time you ate them?"
"Yeah, I almost died" Rainbow responded "That's why I want a blueberry muffin right now!"
"Oh no, Rainbow" Fluttershy gasped silently "You mean you are going to...?"
"Exactly!" Rainbow responded.
"No, don't do it!" Applejack shouted.
"I refuse to give you that blueberry muffin, Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie said.
Rainbow responded: "I thought the customer was king..."
"Ugh, fine, have your muffin!" Pinkie said and gave her pegasus-friend a a blueberry muffin "But I still advise you to stay away from it!"
"Whatever" Rainbow responded and took the muffin.
"NO!" Everyone shouted once again.
Rainbow moved the muffin closer to her mouth and opened up.
"DON'T DO IT!" her friends shouted desperately.
Suddenly Rainbow Dash was interrupted by somepony slamming the door open and shouting: "RAINBOW DASH!"
"What?" Rainbow was surprised as she saw Derpy "Derpy?" She took the muffin down onto the table while everypony else let out a sigh of relief.
"Rainbow Dash, I need your help!" Derpy shouted "Scootaloo got kidnapped!"
The gasps were there again!
"Seriously?" Rainbow asked in disapprovement "You lost Scootaloo? What kind of an idol are you?"
"If you would have listened to me you would know that I am not a good idol! Sure, I am a good caretaker, but I am not made for dangerous adventures! You didn't need to give me Scootaloo, you can have her back if you want... if we can save her... I won't even be lonely, I have a daughter at home, you know. A happy unicorn named Dinky. That's why I am such a good caretaker: I was able to practice."
"Oh wow, I didn't know you had a daughter you were taking care of all these years!" Rainbow said "At least that explains a lot. Oh stupid, why didn't I just listen to you? But no, instead I am about to kill myself with blueberries! What was I thinking?" She turned around to her friends: "Girls, I and Derpy are going to save Scootaloo! You stay here!"
"Of course!" Twilight said, and Pinkie added: "I will take care of the muffin!" and ate said muffin.
"Come on, Derpy!" Rainbow said "We have a filly to save!"
"Why do I need to come with you?" Derpy asked "I already said I am not the kind of adventure pony!"
"Just trust me on this one!" Rainbow responded, and they flew away.

In the meantime in Queen Chrysalis' secret lair hidden in an unknown location, Chrysalis put Scootaloo into a cage hanging from the ceiling for no reason and was practicing her evil laugh, as Scootaloo interrupted: "Say, aren't you that Queen Chrysalis that used to destroy the wedding between Cadence and Shining Armor?"
"The one and only!" Chrysalis said.
"But if you are after these two, why do you need ME?"
"Oh, I am not after that stupid couple. I am after whoever I can get the most love from... and everyone who disturbs me while doing it! And last time, that was that stupid Twilight Sparkle! So I decided to take her out first, including her friends just to be sure, and then take on another try on Cadence and Shining Armor since they are still the ones with the most love to give my changeling army!"
"Wow, and I thought that shield of love killed you..." Scootaloo wondered.
"Pah! It needs more than the blast of a silly love shield to take me down! Sadly, I can't say the same for my army... I lost a lot of them that day, but there also were a few survivors... and they are hungry for revenge!" Chrysalis grinned evilly and pointed at the rest of her army, seemingly deadly serious.
"And the first one they will be able to play with is..."
"Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo realized "I am just the bait to bring her to her doom!"
"You got it!" Chrysalis laughed "As soon as Rainbow Dash is out of the way, I'll kidnap Applebloom to attract Applejack..."
"Well" Scootaloo interrupted once again "You don't seem to know the latest thing: Rainbow Dash lost me in a bet, so I'm not with her anymore."
"Huh. That would explain why it was so easy to capture you. But who..."
Suddenly Chrysalis was interrupted again by someone busting into the lair!
"Take your hooves off my kid!" Rainbow Dash shouted "It was a mistake of you to lose the map leading directly to your lair!"
"That was no mistake, Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo shouted "It's a trap! RUN!"
"What?" Rainbow was confused.
Chrysalis said: "The little one is right. I have you exactly where I wanted you. Changelings, it is revenge time!"
The changelings attacked and brought Rainbow Dash to their queen within seconds. Chrysalis held Rainbow Dash in a way so the pegasus couldn't escape and was about to throw her into a second cage that suddenly hung next to Scootaloo's, as Rainbow shouted: "Derpy, NOW!"
"What?" Chrysalis was confused and turned around just to get a muffin into her face.
"I'm helping!" Derpy shouted excited.
"How are you helping with throwing muffins at me, cross-eyed one?" Chrysalis asked.
Derpy responded: "I might not be the brightest, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid! For example I am smart enough to expand my answer I am giving to you right now to distract you long enough!"
"Wait, what?" Chrysalis turned around to realize that in her confusion she forgot about Rainbow Dash, who used the time to escape and free Scootaloo!
"Oh no, you are not getting away like this!" Chrysalis shouted "I can't lose again! I am not only going to get you, Rainbow Dash, I will defeat your two friends too!" With that she started a sprint to capture all three ponies!
"You know what, Scoots?" Rainbow said "I think we shouldn't just run, we should fly! You still know how to fly, right?"
Scootaloo nodded, and they started to fly out of the lair to flee while Rainbow also grabbed Derpy and put her on her back so Derpy wouldn't be left behind.
As Chrysalis realized they were going to fly away, she also started to fly after them. She just couldn't lose again!
"You can't run, and neither can you fly from me!" the queen shouted "If not even a shield of love can defeat me, what do you have to save yourselves?"
That sentence gave Rainbow Dash the final idea: "Hey Scoots, since you can fly now, you think you wanna try a Sonic Rainboom? I think... one Rainboom wouldn't be enough to fling her away again" Dashie winked.
"Derpy?" Scootaloo asked "You think I can do it?"
"You don't have to take my word for gold, Scootaloo" Derpy responded "Rainbow and I talked and we came to the decision that you can keep Rainbow Dash as your idol. I am such a bad idol, you know..."
"Awesome!" Scootaloo was finally truly happy again "But still, Rainbow Dash thinks I can do anything. I wan't to hear a second opinion, just to be sure..."
"Well..." Derpy thought "I don't exactly know what that Sonic Rainboom is and what it takes to do one, but hey, when I can actually teach somepony something useful, you could do the impossible as well! No seriously, you were the first pony I could actually teach something... Besides, there is an evil queen behind us that wants to destroy us, so practically you have no other choice than to try... that should also be enough motivation for you to do it! Yay!"
Scootaloo gulped as she realized they would probably all be done for if she would fail.
So Scoots took herself together and got everything out of herself to try and perform a Sonic Rainboom together with her idol, and it actually happened exactly like that!
This Double Rainboom blew Chrysalis away into an unknown distance: "Nooooooooo..."
All three ponies cheered together!

As they returned to Ponyville and landed, Rainbow Dash said: "Well, don't think too much of it, Scoots, but: What you just did there was AWESOME! There is definetely more potential in you than i thought. And I promise, I will never agree to such a stupid bet ever again!"
"And I promise I will never again come up with such a stupid idea in the first place!" Scootaloo responded.
"But there is still one thing I don't get..." Rainbow Dash turned to Derpy "Why did YOU agree to this bet?"
"Oh, I never agreed to the bet itself" Derpy answered "I just agreed to the race. It seemed fun, and I could donate my leftover muffins instead of throwing them into the trash even though they're still good. I just asked about Scootaloo to be sure no harm comes to her just in case I would win. I actually never wanted to split you up in the first place!"
"Ooooohhh..." Now everything was clear for Rainbow and Scootaloo, and they felt kinda stupid now.
Suddenly, Twilight was standing behind the two: "Well, it seems you two have learned a valuable lesson today. Time for you to write a letter to Princess Celestia!"

"Dear Princess Celestia" Scootaloo started "Today I learned that a friendly bet can be fun, but you shouldn't bet on ponies lifes, something could go terribly wrong!"
Rainbow Dash continued: "And if someone comes up with that idea, you shouldn't agree. Bet on something else instead, like a cupcake or a few bits, or let it be. Also, you should always listen to other ponies. It can save you a lot of trouble."
"Sincerely, Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash." Scootaloo completed.

Suddenly, Scootaloo heard somepony in her mind shout "Scootaloo!"
"What?" Scootaloo was confused "Why is my mind calling me?"
"I don't know" Rainbow Dash said.
Then suddenly, Pinkie Pie just randomly teleported to the two of them: "Oh, hey there! I didn't know I could actually teleport! But I can't control it and... hey, what's happening to the sky?"
The sky disappeared completely, and then an earthquake shattered Ponyville, tearing the town apart!
And Scootaloo's head still called "Scootaloo! Wake up!"

"Huh? What?" Scootaloo actually woke up, finding herself in the Cutie Mark Crusaders Clubhouse, where they slumbered this night.
"Finally! You are awake!" Sweetie Belle said.
Scootaloo moaned: "Aww, why did you wake me up? I had such a wonderful dream... I was flying and I did a Sonic Rainboom with Rainbow Dash to escape from Queen Chrysalis. It was beautiful, even though I was bound to Derpy as my new idol for some reason... but Derpy was actually kinda cool and smart!"
Sweetie Belle and Applebloom gave each other confused looks, and Scootaloo continued: "Now that I think about it, at least at the flying part I should have realized that this was a dream, which would also explain all the chaos and confusion towards the end..."
"Come on, Scootaloo, stop thinking about that dream!" Applebloom said "How about you just make your dream come true in the real Equestria? Meet Rainbow Dash and continue practicing with her, and someday you will be able to make your wish of flying with her and doing a Sonic Rainboom come true!"
"You are right, girls!" Scootaloo shouted in excitement "Let's face another adventurous day in Equestria!"

Meanwhile, in Scootaloo's dream world, which was completely destroyed, Princess Luna arrived and fixed the town for Scootaloo's next dream, as she suddenly found a letter lying on the ground. Luna picked it up and read what Scootaloo and her imaginary Rainbow Dash wrote.
"Ah yes, this is my favorite part of this job" Luna said "Seeing ponies learning lessons even when they're dreaming..."
She let out a laugh of statisfaction together with the imaginary Derpy, who felt the same way as Luna did.

BLUEBERRY... I mean, THE END

Comments ( 3 )

Ooh ooh! Her idols Derpy! Am i right?

3945341
Tags are spoilers....

Login or register to comment