• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 3,229 Views, 35 Comments

Equestria Girls: For Your Eyes Only - GoldenGoomba900



Following the events of Equestria Girls, the police and FBI investigate the cause of the unusual events that lead to the incident at Canterlot High.

  • ...
4
 35
 3,229

Shrouded

Flash sat alone in a black room, the only light coming from a small lamp on the table. He would talk to himself about episodes of MacGyver he'd seen like this and try turning off the lamp before forgetting what he was doing. This repeated at least three times, and naturally, the observers behind the two-way window were getting worried about this boy's mental health.

"Was he like this before he got here?" One asked the other as Flash lay his head on the table, about to try and nap.

"No, not that we've seen... according to security tapes and what we gathered from his peers he's a plucky young man with an affection for music. Perhaps we should bring him to the hospital?"

"What if it's a trick?"

"If it isn't then we'll be in far more trouble than if it was... We'll interrogate him there. Keep the others in the dark about his where-a-bouts."


The principals Luna and Celestia stood before a safe in the wall, previously hidden behind a painting. Long uncomfortable silence loomed overhead as they tried to think of another way around this.

"We could lobotomi-" Luna began.

"No, that's too cruel." Celestia interrupted, "We could move away, to another country."

"They would realize that something was up if we vanished, then they'd find the safe anyway." The blue sister mumbled. "We could frame Professor Sombra, he-"

"Nay sister, we will have to face this ourselves. There is no other option."

Celestia pulled open the safe, brushing aside her birth certificate, her family heirlooms, her signed Abbey Road album, and her ex-husband's wedding ring. Behind that was a false wall, she pushed over and revealed the secret to herself and her sister. The secret they alone held... in this universe at least. As Celestia pulled out a bronze book, Luna remembered the fateful day they'd found it.

It was long ago, they were newly appointed to their job. They were just teachers back then, Luna a gym teacher, Celestia a science teacher. They had no clue about their grander role in the scheme of things.

A cloudy Spring afternoon, Luna was doing drills with the track team. She'd instructed them to run around the school while she sat on the front steps. Silently, she pondered if it was gonna rain before a loud thump interrupted her thoughts. A quick look around, she saw it beside the statue. Grabbing it, she gasped as another hand reached for it from the statue.

The fight or flight response (Also known as hyper-arousal or the acute stress response) is, in simple terms, when your body produces adrenaline or cortisol in the sudden event when a perceived threat arrives. As such your body allows various effects to help you in fighting or fleeing from whatever perceived threat had startled you. As the perceived time came to a stand-still, Luna chose to fight. As she shrieked and began stomping the disembodied hand, she heard a similar shriek emerge from the statue. As the hand withdrew, another being would be feeling a similar response, and unfortunately for Luna, it also chose fight.

As the thing came from the statue and tackled her, it became a truly bizarre spectacle. A flurry of punching and grunting followed as Luna rolled atop the other fighter and slammed her head against the pavement repeatedly. Somewhere in this finisher, Luna gasped and let go of her would-be attacker.

"Tia!? Wha- how? Why did you-?"

"...Luna?" She moaned, confused. "Why are you doing this?"

The darker sister got off of her, assisting her up. "Celestia, what are you doing out here? What's with the book and the statue? Why aren't you teaching class?"

"Sister... sister... Sister!" Vice Principal Luna snapped out of her memory by the voice of her older sibling.

"Oh, sorry... What will we do with the book?" Luna asked

"We'll burn it."


In a bunk in the local hospital, Flash found himself hooked up to several machines, as well as cuffed to the side of the bed. Naturally, this confused the boy. Looking around his location, he was able to see a window to the outside (as opposed to windows to other rooms). He saw the grand FBI headquarters in the distance, looming over small normal houses like a behemoth of bland and featureless architecture. He pondered how the place stayed cool on hot summer days and if the agents ever felt stuffy in those rooms, but he was getting off-track. As he was about to summon someone to ask questions, he heard the door to his room open.

"Mister Sentry, is it?" An agent asked, getting close to him. "I need to ask a few questions and I hope you will comply."

"Uh... I don't have much of a choice, do I?"

"Tell me about your girlfriend, Sunset Shimmer."

Flash laughed softly. "She's not my girlfriend and is that what all this is about?"

"Of course not... but you were, at one point, in a relationship, correct?" Flash looked away and nodded softly. He flipped open a notebook, writing down his response.

"And how... close was this relationship?"

"I really don't want to answer that... Can I plead the fifth?" He asked, ushering a frowning response from the interrogator.

"...Fine. Tell me more about Sunset Shimmer, preferably from the beginning."

"Uh... well... it all started in sixth grade. I'd just moved to here a-"

"Moved here." The interrogator interrupted. "It's "moved here" not "moved to here". Moved to here is gram-"

"Does this matter? ...As I was saying, It was in the sixth grade..."

Author's Note:

Oooooh, a cliffhanger! How clever and not at all lazy!