• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 3,228 Views, 35 Comments

Equestria Girls: For Your Eyes Only - GoldenGoomba900



Following the events of Equestria Girls, the police and FBI investigate the cause of the unusual events that lead to the incident at Canterlot High.

  • ...
4
 35
 3,228

Classified

As Twilight Sparkle hugged her new friends goodbye, something deep in her heart told her it would be far from the last time she'd return to this brave new world, and there'd be more to learn from these new friends. Adjusting her hair one last time and waving goodbye with Spike in tow, she walked through the portal. Pinkie Pie tried to run through, meeting with a face full of concrete. Looking dejected, she got up and approached Rainbow, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy, their ears, tails, horns, and wings vanishing just as soon as they came.

"Well, I guess it's fer th' best." Applejack said, turning back to the dance.

"Yes, I suppose." Rarity sighed. "I don't know the first thing about grooming ears, let alone a tail!" As they approached Canterlot High, the sound of sirens grew louder and the party shut down before it was even half-way through.

The police approached Canterlot High, marveling at the massive crater in the ground.

"The bomb squad might need to investigate the rest of the building." One of them commented, the locals gathering around the police tape to look at the destruction. The entire entrance had been destroyed, save for half a door frame and the upper part of the plate-glass window decorations, featuring the school insignia of an eight-pointed star.

Inside the emergency siren sounded, and the students carefully cleared out chatting and laughing like nothing happened, much to the confusion of the officers. Ever since a certain incident in Manehattan, people would be all shook up about this whole thing, being in the middle of a bombing, but here they were talking about it like it was an amazing adventure. As if they'd just witnessed a popular film unfold before their eyes. Even more noticeable, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna looked content, as if they didn't care that thousands of dollars and weeks of construction would go into fixing up the building, that their students would have to attend summer school while having to take heavy detours to get inside the building, that this would be all over the news. No, they didn't seem to give any semblance of care.

Eventually, the bomb squad arrived as the police began interrogating witnesses. Several names came up multiple times, but the stories, the stories were outlandish! Six girls; Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash ran outside for some reason, where they discovered Sunset Shimmer and her two "friends" Snips and Snails threatening to break the statue. They claimed something about the crown that the Princess of the Fall Formal won every year. They just assumed she'd snapped because she'd been the winner of the crown several years in a row and losing it didn't bode well with her psyche.

That's when things got weird. Twilight, realizing the statue was important gave her the crown before her dog snatched it away at the last moment. After a short tussle that a good majority of the student body had come out to watch, Sunset grabbed the crown and put it on her head. In a turn of events not even the most savvy of students would have seen, she'd somehow transformed into a horrific demon. The details after that, however, varied until the origin of the crater, that several of the girls had gained superpowers, and a dog began talking.


The next day didn't fare much better. The Narcotics Unit and Psychoanalysts were confused at the lack of drugs and missing pieces prevalent in other group hallucinations. Not to mention that neither claim would explain the damage done to the building. Getting security footage was a nightmare, as the party diverted most of the attention of the motion-detecting cameras. That was, until five hours into the scan. As one poor officer watched the tape, the magic and the otherworldly nature all spelled out for him, he not so much pressed the panic button as he did hammer it.

The FBI arrived within hours, taking in the six girls and two boys, as well as sending an APB on Twilight Sparkle and her dog, Spike.


"State your name," was the first thing the orange cowgirl heard, her eyes opening and looking around the pitch-black room.

"What in tarnation?"

"State your name." The voice repeated, commanding this time. A figure stepped closer, he was a grown man, well shaven, not buff but definitely in shape. He had a stone face and wore sunglasses and an earpiece.

So in other words, a Man in Black.

"...Mah name? Well... Ah'm Applejack." She explained, the small cramped room reminding her a bit too much of a horror film Rainbow had made her watch when they were younger.

"Applejack, I am Agent Black from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. There has been an incident and it seems you and your friends are a consistent element in what seems to be a terrorist attack."

"...Terrorists? Ah... Ah'm not sure how ta explain this..."

"Explain the best you can, Miss Jack."

Applejack shifted in her seat. "Ah... well... it wasn't terrorists... it was a... m-magic." She said, realizing how silly this must sound.

The agent kept a stone-face, although one of his eyebrows perked up a bit. "I see... do you know anyone else who may be involved in this? Someone who's close to... Miss Sparkle or Miss Shimmer?"

"Well, Flash Sentry might know a bit 'bout Sunset, an' Snips an' Snails were kinda importan' too..." She said, not sure if she should drag them into this.

"Thank you for your cooperation." He said, leaving the room and Applejack back to herself. Agent Black frowned, dropping his poker-face to think this over.

Magic. Goddamned magic, of all the things on Earth, not of Earth, outside of the universe it had to be magic. UFOs were easy to cover up, Bigfoot doubly so, numbers stations and mysterious broadcasts were never an issue, but magic, magic couldn't be explained away. Magic wasn't as simple as smoke and mirrors, not on this scale. They couldn't have Penn and Teller show up on a segment of the local news and make it vanish like a carrot or a watch, even the greatest skeptics would point out how unusual this was from miles away. No, this would hit world news and so would the footage. Not to mention the sheer amount of witnesses, Canterlot High School had a graduating class of 312 on average. They'd need to do something drastic, and fast.

But they had no evidence of supernatural items at play other than the footage, and even then it would be argued that they just mistook some kid's editing demo for damning evidence, placed in the security tapes as a prank. Nothing but a crater in the ground and some teenagers who may or may not have been slipped a few mickeys. This was weird, but it would still be easily pointed to as terrorism mixed with teenage naivety.

Even then, it would need to be investigated.


The Wonder-Colts statue sat outside of Principle Celestia's office, a prominent display of school spirit and a link between two worlds. Long before there was stories of drunken alumni vanishing after attempting to deface the statue, but the recent revelation made it that half the students refused to even approach it while the other half would try their luck on attempting to escape the world of problems into another.

The Principal sighed as she wrote paperwork, glad the event happened right before break. She'd have no clue how to deal with these kids if they all decided to return, their minds too focused on the light-show/duel to properly do anything. Hell, kids during the extra curricular classes either stood outside, watching the statue during their breaks or talked about how they could have been one of those heroes to defeat Shimmer... even while she and her lackeys fixed the entryway under the watchful eye of her sister and the government.

"Ahem." Said a stone-face man standing at her doorway, having been waiting to be noticed for several minutes.

"Hm? Oh, yes where are my manners. Come in." She smiled at him like she would any disgruntled parent or maddened teacher. "Sit down, relax Mister-?"

"Mister Black." He said, putting on sunglasses and whispering something to his earpiece.

"Mister Black, I take it you're here to discuss the incident that took place yesterday?" The man nodded, the Principal chuckling softly at this response.

"Ma'am, we've noticed some peculiarities with student and teacher behavior." The principal brushed her hair out of her face, not really seeming to care. "We would like permission to investigate the building, watch some of the cameras, search for potential evidence?"

Principle Celestia nodded. "Oh, I perfectly understand Mister Black. You can watch the monitors and look at the building... but not while classes are running. That's out of my control. You'll need to hold a discussion with the PTA if you want to watch over the classes and faculty. Surely you understand, yes?"

"Will this include lockers?" He asked, smirking.

Celestia nodded. "I hope this doesn't sound rude," she began, "but I need to get back to work. Can you please leave?"


Naturally, the interviews continued even without Agent Black performing them. Rarity sat in a dark room, trying to look around using the table lamp set before her. The small, plain white room seemed empty save for her, a mirror, a table, the chair she was sitting on, and the door out. As she began fixing her hair in the mirror, she heard the door open. Turning to it, she smiled, adjusting the table lamp back to the position it was before. A man, this one with a moderate sized scar on his cheek, entered the room, stone faced and calm. He felt something in the air, but couldn't quite place it.

"Hello there Miss...?"

"Oh sorry, you scared me!" She chuckled softly. "Call me Rarity. What is all this about?" The white fashionista asked, slightly worried about her new friends... well, not NEW but old but rekindled friends.

"I am Johnson York Gregory, FBI. There's been an accident and I think it's best we talk."

"Is it OK if I just call you York?" She asked, smiling.

He nodded softly and sat down. "Tell me everything you know about Sunset Shimmer."

"Well... I suppose I'll start from the first time I met her." She sighed. "It was the First Grade, during a trip to the high school during a Christmas Pageant. While the adults and teenagers watched and preformed, the children were in the cafeteria with arts and crafts or board games with snacks. Even at my age I thought it was a bit... tacky. Anyway, Sunset's appearance was unusual and sudden. She seemed to be throwing a tantrum as she walked in, knocking over toys and milk cartons, taking cookies and destroying any piece of art she could lay her hands on. A teacher came in and took her away, all the while she screamed about Miss Celestia banishing her. Of course, at the time we just assumed she was over-reacting but... I don't think we ever could have imagined what she was really mad about."

"Banishment?" He asked.

"Well, yes... skipping ahead to last night we learned Sunset Shimmer's true history. She was apparently exiled from the magical land of Equestria... A land of talking ponies, can you believe that?"

"No."

"Neither could I! But... well, I can't say I don't believe anymore considering the... unusual transformations we went through."

The agent nodded, "I will be seeing you again Miss Rarity. Thank you for your co-operation." York left the room, leaving Rarity alone once more and making a mental note to ask another girl about these transformations.


The lockers, student lockers. Most of them would have been cleaned out of personal items by this point in the year, but they were a better lead than nothing. He started out with Twilight Sparkle's locker, easily opening it with the school's master key.

The lack of a lock also helped. Inside the locker was nothing remarkable, at least on the outside. The books were sorted based on their place on the light spectrum, and the notebooks had been stored next to them in a careful alignment so the bindings wouldn't be damaged. As he dug around a bit he eventually gave up and started looking through the notebooks, greatly becoming confused. Twilight Sparkle had taken notes not only on the classes, very closely done and followed notes down to the slightest of details, but on her fellow students as well. She'd written down everything about them, names, positions in her classes, colors, their preferred colors of dress, everything down to and including whether or not she... met their pony counterpart?

He took the notebooks for further investigations, moving onto the locker of Rarity, who'd planned on staying to help design wardrobe for the drama club. Unfortunately, Rarity lacked anything interesting or relevant to the case other than a photo taken during the dance. The rest of it was filled with potential fashion designs and a small sewing kit. Applejack's locker was a lot more homely, papers and books scattered about. Plans about her farm's sales and such were littered about, having planned on staying for potential Future Farmers of America meetings and apart from a rather nice family portrait nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had lockers right next to each other, possibly signifying a sister-like bond with them. Or it was a coincidence, he wasn't here to judge the layout of the school. Inside of Fluttershy's locker was a bunch of animal food; kibble, canned tuna, jars of dead crickets. He shuddered at the crickets and looked at the papers detailing adoptions at the animal shelter and newly found critters.

Rainbow's locker was a mess. Judging by the sports gear, the posters and pennants, and the fact her books were strewed about randomly it would seem she'd stayed because of poor grades. He did, however find a few interesting pieces of doodles. One of her flying with wings, some with her lampooning over a defeated Applejack, and one with her and the other five playing soccer.

Then came Pinkie Pie's locker. As he tugged open the party girl's locker several bundles of party balloons, streamers, party hats fell onto the floor. As he dug through he looked confused, finding no books or notes. He did find plenty of fake eye-patches and invitations, even ones for use so far ahead as 2031! He pulled out speakers, CDs, musical instruments, phonographs, photographs, cameras, developing fluid, reveloping fluid, under-developed fluid, underwear, bras, Jaws, claws, claw hammers, claw hamsters, toy hamsters, toy boats, rain coats, and plenty of other humorous but irrelevant items. Dejected, the agent slammed the locker and left all that stuff laying on the floor of the halls, making a mental note to get someone with a lower position the assignment to dig through the seemingly endless mess that was Pinkie Pie's locker.

Opening Flash Sentry's locker was ultimately as fruitful as pulling open Capone's vault. Other than his guitar and a few poorly written poems to Twilight, Flash contributed nothing to the story being told to the agent. For kicks, he opened one of them and read a couple of lines.

Sparkle, Miss Sparkle

Whose eyes shine like magic,

I find it most tragic

We will never be together,

If only I were able to follow you forever... Blech.

As he slammed the locker door, the agent moved onto Sunset Shimmer's. Inside of hers was something a lot more interesting.

Author's Note:

"O brave new world," he repeated. "O brave new world that has such people in it. Let's start at once." -Aldous Huxley
Proofread by keam here on FIMFiction and alexxm on Bronystate. If you have anything on your mind, leave it in the comments!
Edit: Reformatting due to suggestion of the Royal Gaurd