• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 3,229 Views, 35 Comments

Equestria Girls: For Your Eyes Only - GoldenGoomba900



Following the events of Equestria Girls, the police and FBI investigate the cause of the unusual events that lead to the incident at Canterlot High.

  • ...
4
 35
 3,229

Hidden

Twilight carried Spike closely as they were lead to the holding cells. She pet her dog, worried this may in fact be the last time they ever saw each other. She whispered encouraging words to herself as she handed the agents her dog.

"It's OK Spike, it'll be just fine..." It was clear by the tone of her voice she didn't believe this either. Walking into her Cell, Twilight would find a teenage girl, about her age, sleeping on a bed opposite of an empty one. She wore an a series of western-based gear, unusual prison attire given their location, and she wore a ten gallon hat over her blond hair. She'd covered her face with it, using it as a sleep mask. Twilight wondered who this girl was, and why she'd been placed in this cell instead of her own.

Yawning and laying down on her own cot, she still couldn't sleep. She was worried about her family and Spike.


Agent Black sat in the hospital, waiting for a visitor. A small fender bender was nothing to be worried about, but he'd need to be tested for a concussion regardless. Agent Gregory finally entered the room at about one in the morning. Normally, visiting hours ended at 9, but a quick flash of his badge persuaded the nurse at the counter otherwise.

"You needed to talk to me?"

"Yes, look at this." Agent Black handed him the page of Flash's poems.

"Kid's definitely not a poet."

"He plays bass for a reason, but that's not the issue. Read the last line." Gregory frowned.

"How long have you had this?"

"Two days, but I don't think the kid knows I have it. His name's Flash Sentry, I didn't think it was important but-"

"But you were mistaken, I'll be taking the case from now on." Agent Black joined in on the frowning.

"You don't have the jurisdiction."

"You're in the hospital with a possible head injury, I think they won't listen to you anyway." Agent Gregory began leaving, his colleague swearing about losing this case.

As Agent Gregory read through the poems, he recalled a novel detailing a race of aliens who'd do something like this... except this was somehow worse. Heading out the door and pocketing the note, he bemoaned the fact his last coworker had retired. Zack would have made this case so much more bearable.


Flash sighed as he sat in bed. Yet another sleepless night was passing him by as he thought about the events of Prom. Yes, he'd gotten a gig worth a good chunk of change, possibly even enough to produce his band's first CD, but that woman was still in his head... It didn't make sense. Shimmer was his girlfriend, but Twilight was more than just a girl. He'd seen that, but just as soon as she had appeared she'd vanished. He'd talked to his father about it, but he just said it was teenage lust leading him into trouble, and that if he decided to follow her he wouldn't be a man, he'd be one of those characters tossed into a story solely to fall in love.

Perhaps he needed that? Perhaps fate had chosen him as a pawn to be the one who... no, that's ridiculous. He was a C student with a bass and she was some sort of weird half-human/half-angel super-creature who could throw him from the highest building in the country and then kill him by CATCHING him. There was no way in Hell he'd be the one paired with her...

"Flash?" Came his mother's voice. "Flash sweetie, there's someone down here who wants to talk to you." The blue-haired teen checked his clock radio, frowning.

"...Mom, it's 11:39, who on earth would want to talk to me at this hour?"

"It-" She stuttered, not sure how to say this.

"The FBI!" Came the gruff and clearly upset voice of his father, cutting of his mother.

Flash sat up suddenly, horrified. "Oh shit, oh shit... J-just gimme a second, mom! I'm going to the bathroom!" He said, trying to think what to do. Leaping out the window would leave him breaking his legs, he learned that as a child thrice-fold. He looked around his room, hiding in the closet or under the bed were childish options at best and laughable at worst. No, he had to be a man about this. He needed to tell the truth.


As Flash lay in the back of a sleek-black sedan with two men eyeing him from the front seats, mumbling about how much of an idiot he was, Flash regretted telling the truth. Yes, he and Sunset had a relationship, and yes they'd had sex but the way they were treating him you'd have thought he'd been caught with a horse. Besides, she's hot! Even after she turned into a hell-beast he couldn't refuse the idea that he'd totally take her back to his house for a- No! Flash, focus! You've seen this movie, you just need to open the door, then tuck and roll. Then you'll have to move to another state under a new name and find a one-armed guy to take th-

"We're here." One of the two said from the front seat. As he sat up and looked outside, the ominous black building did very little to make Flash want to stay. Sighing, Flash got out of the car and let himself be lead to the building, turning back only to grab his bass. As they lead him through blindingly white hallways, Flash tried to think on what they'd want of him. Sure two women he was attracted to turned out to be super powered she-men with enough power between them to destroy an entire city but surely they'd believe it was just a coincidence once he told them, right?

They lead Flash to a dark room where they tossed him and his bass into a cell.

"Big day tomorrow, kid. You're gonna be talking quite a bit, so try not to stray from your story, hm?" One of them said, slamming the door. Sighing and getting up slowly, Flash searched his cell for a light switch. With a click, his eyes adjusting to the sudden shift in lights as he saw a figure laying on the cot opposite of what he assumed was his.

As he looked at her orange and red hair, his iris shrunk to pin-pricks. As he saw her yellow skin he opened his mouth to scream. As he saw her shift in her sleep, he backed to the cell door. Turning around, Flash shook the door, squealing in fear for guards to come rescue him. As he heard her lanky form slowly get out of her bed, he rattled futilely on the bars.

"Oh, it's you..." came the voice he feared since the day they'd broken up. The voice that echoed through his and every mind in Canterlot High that fateful night for five or so minutes. As he turned around, nearly reaching the breaking point as he saw the woman he'd never wanted to speak to again.

Sunset Shimmer grabbed him by his shirt collar and slammed him against a wall. Between the force and his mental breakdown, Sentry left the land of the conscious, collapsing to the floor. As the two return, they saw Flash collapsed against the cell doors, while Sunset Shimmer slept in her dark room.


Morning came to the cells like a hummingbird to a sweet flower, shining bright rays upon the unfortunates stored there. Snips and Snails had been given to the local police to serve in Juvenile Hall, kept under surveillance in case they were needed for investigation once more.

One by one the eight prisoners awoke and were escorted out to shower, get dressed, and finally to eat. Applejack had a habit of waking up bright and early, having lived and worked on a farm all her life. She noticed someone sleeping on the bunk opposite of her, but was rushed out before she was identified. Twilight awoke next, leaving before any of the others spotted her. Then Sunset Shimmer, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy woke up around the same time. Flash finally regained consciousness soon after and Rainbow woke up only when the guards pulled her out of bed.

The process was short and sweet. They were locked in a windowless bathroom and given ten minutes. They would slide their old clothes into the laundry chute and shower. At the end of this, they would put on the orange jumpsuit provided. Somehow, every single one of them had managed to screw this up.

It started simple: Applejack refused to leave her hat, then Twilight forgot to take off her socks in the shower, then Sunset neglected to turn off the shower. Pinkie Pie had a bit too much fun with the laundry chute and tossed the only roll of toilet paper down there, which lead to Rarity being stuck while they had to find another roll. It took over half an hour to convince her to take a shower without "moisturizer and conditioner" from the most prestigious of locations, soap made from the finest creams, and a loofah, then she complained about the outfit. Flash kept passing out and had to have someone with him to ensure he didn't injure himself. Rainbow sang loudly and obnoxiously. Fluttershy was the only one to not cause any issues.

The were allowed into a cafeteria, where they would wait in line for gruel. All eyes were on Twilight, the room being deathly silent as the six people sat at the same table as her, Shimmer staying as far away from the group as possible, burning anger filling her very being as she saw the mare who'd ruined her perfect plan. With her back-stabbing ex as well!

Twilight fared no better either, seven random people were suddenly following her around, asking her questions about how she got there, about "moons" and "Equestria". The poor girl just wanted to eat this... whatever the hell they'd given her. After fifteen minutes of chatter she'd finished her breakfast and had thought of a plan.

"OK... let's try this one at a time. One question per person, starting clockwise, starting with you." She pointed to Pinkie Pie. This was the biggest mistake she'd made in the past 24 hours. Pinkie took a deep breath and let loose.

"Howcomeyou'rebacksosoonIthoughtittook30moonsfortheportaltorechargeandit'sbeenlessthanaweek,issitbecausetimegoesfasterwhereyou'refromordidyoufindaspellorareyoufromanotheruniversethatopenedupwhe-" Thankfully, Applejack was able to silence her.

"I... I think I caught the beginning of that? I'm not... back. I just got here." Twilight answered, unknowingly opening the floodgates for other questions that you, as readers, already know the answers of.

To recap: She did not know any of them personally or otherwise (something that collectively broke their hearts), her dog could not talk, she did not have a wrath-of-the-gods level battle with Sunset Shimmer, nor did she know her either, she did not sleep in the school library, did not know what Equestria is, and was just as, if not more, confused as the rest of them. As they were lead back to the Cells, Flash was taken from the rest of them, being dragged away by guards.

"What's with that guy?" Twilight asked.

"He's Flash Sentry. He had a crush on you... erm, the other you." Fluttershy said, watching as the boy had passed out once more.

Author's Note:

Enter Flash Sentry, one of the more challenging characters to write for. The thing about Flash is that he has no real personality or history so you have to make one up. At least the background ponies have fanon to go off of, but what's fanon got for Flash? ...He's got a younger brother and he likes Twilight. That's it. So... yeah.

Next time we'll finally get out of the prison, learn a bit more about Celestia and Luna's past, and see some effects of the magic of friendship...