• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 715 Views, 9 Comments

When Divinity Just Won't Cut It - BlimpAtomic



Pure energy in the hooves of a dark mage. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
4
 9
 715

Powerful Parenting

"Alright, we can all appreciate the dark, but how in the fuck do you work like this?" I quipped. Wasn't sure if he could here me, but it was worth a shot. I immediately felt a wave of magic pulse towards me, which I forced back with my magic as I extended my right foreleg. Man, it was so worth it to have that surgery.

"Leave." A dark, forceful voice cut through the dark. Apparently your conscious is just this giant gray blob. Nothing in it. Just a giant, empty sack of shit.

"Nah, I'm fine. I don't suppose I could make you leave," I said. Once again, he tried to force me out with his magic, which I pushed back at. "You can face me yourself, ya know," I started again. "From what I'm seeing, you're not doing anything too much fun anyway." Dark spots formed on the floor, Sombra himself rising from them. I still had my cape and hood on, so he probably wouldn't recognize me. His eyes flared green as he came muzzle to muzzle with me.

"It's been a long time since anyone challenged my magic," he said in a commanding tone. He didn't need to be loud, just stern. "Leave, lest I blow you out of here myself." I smirked.

"You are one serious asshole, aren't you? You never fucking changed." I said. I was pushing my luck.

"I've had enough," he said as he walked away. Sombra turned fast, firing a dark bolt straight at my head. I assumed it was some sort of mind control, but it had no effect on me. When you practice dark magic for long enough, you grow a resistance to it. "Ah, so you too practice the dark arts. No matter." His horn glowed as a blade of magic formed around it. Oh man, I loved horn fighting. Rather than extending my own, I simply let him approach me. He kept getting closer and closer, until he was close enough to swing. I made a brushing sweep with my right foreleg, pushing him back with my magic as his hooves skidded on the floor. This cycle went on and on before he realized how futile it was to get close to me. "You impudent little-"

"What a way to talk," I said, cutting him off. "You need a coffee or something?" Oh man, he was really pissed.

"I'm in no mood to talk. Unless you're a figure of authority, leave," he said, his nostrils flaring. I could tell he was only using a little bit of his power, but he was definitely ready to use more of it.

"Do friends and family count?" I asked with a giant smirk on my face. Well, if he couldn't figure this one out, I was really gonna leave.

"L-legion? No, that couldn't be," he said, his eyes widening a little at the possibility. Ok, now I was confused.

"Who in the hell is Legion?" I asked, taking off my hood. The look on his face said it all.

"You. You're Legion, aren't you?" he said as he calmly approached. He wasn't trying to kill me anymore.

"Nah, I'm Flare. However, I might be able to help you find Legion, whoever the hell that is," I said, grinning like a total jackass. The guy was a lot less scarier when he wasn't thinking of all the possible ways to kill you.

"Legion was my son," he explained. "When I was first banished from the Crystal Empire, I had no idea what had become of him. He looked a lot like you."

"Ooooooooooh. Ok, so I've already found him," I said, pointing at myself.

"It's hard to swallow, but it's believable." Sombra stated as he nodded in approval. I was still on the whole name thing.

"Legion, huh? Is that what you named me?" I asked. It was kinda cool. It rolled off your tongue like honey. "Lllllegion Flare," I continued, playing around with the word. "I could get used to that." Sombra, as fucking impossible as it sounds, was smiling. The stone-cold, downright murderous son of a bitch was smiling. It was sincere too. That was amazing. I haven't seen one in a long time.

"I can't believe it," he laughed. "It's really you." I voluntarily flared my eyes, the emerald color only confirming the undeniable truth. "So," he questioned, the smile still engraved in his face, "how goes your own conquests?"

"Conquests? Why would I even consider that?" Clearly I was missing something. Did he really think I'd be an evil tyrant like him? I mean, for fuck's sakes! I grew up in a tower, not a palace.

"Why wouldn't you?" he questioned, a look of disappointment taking the place of the smile. "Perhaps you are unaware."

"Unaware of what?" I wondered aloud. He smirked a little bit, clearly eager to tell me something.

"Do you understand what you are capable of?" I shook my head. How the fuck am I gonna know what I'm capable of? There's always more to be done. He paced around me. "You," he pointed, "have immense power. I am a near god. My power surpasses that of even Celestia. The same Celestia who was defeated by a changeling with a multiple personality problem!" he spat.

"Yeah, but you got defeated by a freakin' crystal heart," I chuckled. To my surprise, he chuckled too, but it dripped with malice.

"Do you really think I was defeated by them? No, I let them win," he said as I cocked an eyebrow. "As much of an excuse as that sounds, it is true," he continued. "I am an opportunist. I had drawn the attention of an entire nation, and there was no point of staying in much longer. Better to let them think I am gone as I bide my time. But that is besides the point. You have my power, and I know you can use it." I only smiled a bit.

"Fine. So do you wanna, like, I don't know, enslave the Crystal Empire again or something? Now, maybe?" I implored.

"No, no," he shook his head. "Give it time. For now, go, and prepare yourself. I'll call upon you some day."

"Sounds like a plan, boss." I let him push me out of his conscious back into the tube. Great, I thought. Now I've got moral problems.

It's funny, ya know? You can't talk to your damn parents about anything without some sort of conflict coming out of it. I still can't figure out why I went in there to begin with. I really need somepony to talk to, honestly. Everyone I know is some sort of asshat who couldn't have a real conversation with you if you pointed a spear in his face. Rose is cool, but she can be such a fucking pushover. I mean, she'd agree with me on anything. I'm not even joking. I turned to Sombra when I needed a conversation. What in the hell is wrong with me? But, if that was my only option, whose fault is it? And it's weird, man. The more and more I thought about it, the more and more l liked Som-no, my dad. Yeah, my dad is pretty fucking awesome.