• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 4,273 Views, 43 Comments

A Dash Of Life. - Unarmed Pony



I get the shock of my life when my favourite rainbow comes to town

  • ...
7
 43
 4,273

Chapter Eleven: Wedding Bells Pt2

A/N A lot of Spike lovers are going to hate me for this.


When I met Shining Armour for the first time, I remembered my agreement with Luna to keep quiet about it until she could think of a plan. He had told me that he was missing a ring bearer. So I jumped at the opportunity. And by 'jumped', I mean dropped subtle hints until he figured it out himself.

And then here I am. Bearing the rings. About to throw them at Celestia. Then run for it. I had to if it meant the love of my life living. Rainbow knew what was going to happen. She stood on the bride's side. Looking at me with sorrowful eyes. She knew I would be hunted to the edges of the earth.

I know. Don't be afraid.

That gave me a start. I looked around a little at the sudden intrusion of my thoughts. It sounded like Celestia. I looked over to her and she gave a slight nod to confirm my suspicions. I felt a lot more relaxed. Then she nodded sideways toward Cadence.

"Can the ring bearer step forward." Celestia announced.

I began to step forward. Slowly. I braced my hands around the cushion ready to catapult the contents. When suddenly.

"STOP!"

All heads turned to the door. There was the one and only, Twilight Sparkle.

"Ugh. Why does she have to be so possessive over her brother?"

Everyone looked at Cadence with confusion.

"I mean... Why does she have to ruin my big day?" She said with a fake sob.

"Because. It's not your day. It's mine!"

Didn't see that coming. The real Princess Cadence stepped in with a frayed mane and matted coat.

"What?! But how did you escape my bridesmaids?"

"I threw a bouquet."

"No matter. You are still to late!"

Her horn glowed a bright green and a pillar of green fire engulfed her. Same as the one in the tower. When it subsided, a giant Changeling took place of the fake Cadence. I still stood half way up the stairs looking like an idiot. I look like an idiot a whole lot don't I? This is probably the worst time. Because when I look stupid, I get noticed. And the last thing I wanted was to be noticed. But I was to afraid to move.

"And now that everypony knows who I am, there's no need to let a certain pony live."

Just what I was worried about. I heard a scream from Rainbow Dash's direction. But instead of running to her side, I ran to attack. I sprinted up the stairs and jumped for Queen Chrysalis. She attempted to fly away but I collided into her mid-section and took her to the ground. She landed on her back. Before I could get a punch in, she threw me off. I landed on my hooves and skidded across the floor like someone would in an action film. I once again charged for her. I instantly regretted this action as her mutated horn glowed. She pointed it toward me and the last thing I saw was green ray being shot toward me. It collided with me so hard that it sent me soaring through the air and into the wall behind me. I was stuck there until it dissipated. I fell to the floor and landed on my belly. I was in absolute agony. But I refused to give up. I slowly stumbled to my hooves and regained a battle stance. I walked toward her. Every step caused a jolt of pain. I heard the shattering of windows behind me. But I didn't turn to investigate. Instead, I saw Luna as she flew in front of me and she collided with Chrysalis. She pinned her to the ground and cast magical restraints on her. Everyone knew they would only hold her for a short while.

"Long time no see Nightmare." Everyone in the room gasped at her words.

"I am no longer a nightmare Chrysalis. You know that. And I told you to stay away from Equestria."

"Oh but there is so much love here. I have babies to feed you know."

"Not anymore."

"What have you done to them!"

"I put them somewhere they could never hurt anypony ever again."

Chrysalis hissed and broke her restraints as if they were twigs. She bucked Luna away from her and stood up. All this time, she had failed to notice Cadence and Shining Armour. Their horns were almost touching and a spark flew between them. Both of them started to glow. They floated into the air and started to radiate various colours. Each of them seemed to form a heart.

"No. No!"

The rainbow coloured heart exploded. It sent Chrysalis soaring through the roof and toward places unknown to ponykind.

I broke into the pony equivalent of a jog. I cut a straight path to Rainbow Dash. She was laying on the floor crowded by her friends. They stood aside to let me through to her. She was unconscious and the colour seemed to have faded from her mane a little. But she was breathing. I wasn't sure if she was still poisoned but I knew that without medical attention, she would die. I called for Princess Celestia and she came hastily.

"Can you do anything?"

"I'm afraid the most I can do is scan for the poison." Her horn lit up and so did Rainbow Dash's body. Then she gasped.

"She's a Changeling!" As she said this, the supposedly unconscious Rainbow Dash jumped up only to be met with a ray of magic as powerful as the sun. We all watched the smoking corpse lose it's disguise and turn into a Changeling.

"But... I don't..." I mumbled.

"Changelings come in four grades. Grade one can become a rough copy of the victim. Grade two can create a much better one but they feel very different. Grade three can make a perfect replica and feel the same but they are unable to harvest any memories or personalities. Grade four can become that pony. Same personality, memories, feel and look. She was a grade four."

"Where's the real Rainbow Dash?"

I don't know. But I can find her." Her horn lit up brightly and then dimmed. "I can perform a spell that will give me the ability to track the elements. All we have to do is follow my horn."

____________________________

Our search led us back to the tower where it all began. When we reached the top, all we saw was an empty room.

"Spread out. Search every square inch." Princess Celestia instructed. Everyone walked off in a different direction. I walked toward the bookshelves. As I walked across the red carpet that stretched from one end of the room to the other, I stepped on a single floor board that caved in a tiny amount.

"Princess, is this tower solid or hollow?"

"It was originally designed to be a solid structure, but a lack of resources forced us to make it hollow."

I leaned down and grabbed the middle of the carpet with my teeth. I pulled it away and dropped it. I walked back over to the loose floor board. I put my ear against the ground and tapped the floor. It sounded hollow, but not hollow enough for it to be a whole tower. About three or four meters at most. I raised back to my hooves and looked at the ground. I raised to my back legs and leaned forward. I brought my front hooves to the ground as hard as I could. A small hole in the floor collapsed and revealed a secret room. It was dark, but that was quickly solved by Celestia brightened horn. In the middle, I saw what we had been looking for. Rainbow Dash was lying on a stone bed. Hog tied, gagged and blindfolded. I jumped down to the bottom and landed with a thud. I'm guessing Rainbow was asleep because when that thud happened, her breathing accelerated and she thrashed her head. She started to scream as best she could under the gag.

"Rainbow! It's me!"

She stopped screaming and thrashing. She was still breathing quickly though. I turned her head so I could untie the tear soaked blindfold and the gag. The second it was done, she turned her head.

"You came for me." She said with teary eyes.

"Of course I did. I would never let the mare I love suffer."

"You love me." She smiled and went to hug me. Then she remembered her hooves were still tied. She rolled over on her side and shook her hooves a little. I untied them. She jumped off of the stone bed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I love you too." She said. She buried her muzzle into my shoulder.

"Come on. We have a real wedding to go to." I looked up and gave Cadence and Shining armor a small wink. They both smiled and then looked at each other.

"Indeed we do." Shining armor said.

____________________________

"I now pronounce you, Mare and Colt." Celestia put the rings on there horns. They both kissed and then went outside for the party.

Everyone was dancing to slow music. Including me an Rainbow. Our necks were intertwined and rested on each others shoulders.

"Let's get this party started!" Pinkie said from behind the DJ table. She pulled DJ-P0N3 out from under and started playing some more upbeat music. She tossed a mic to Twilight who started to sing Love Is In Bloom.

"Come on. I want to show you something." I whispered to Dash. We quietly sneaked away from the party to a secluded part of the gardens.

"What did you want to show me?"

I unfurled my wing and dropped a small black box into my hooves. I knelt down. By this time Rainbow already knew what came next. I opened the box and presented two rings. they both had a sapphire in the middle. The same gem that she wore on our first date. The rest was made of white gold. To signify the clouds she loved playing in.

"Rainbow Dash. Will you be my wife?"

Rainbow practically squeaked with excitement.

"Yes!" She ran toward me and embraced me in the tightest hug I had ever received. I took the two rings and slipped them over her wings and kept going until the base. I had to do a little research to find out were the ring went on a pegasus. She gave her wings a little test flap to make sure they would stay on. Satisfied, she folder her wings and gave me a kiss.

When we got back to the party, it was just wrapping up. The bride and groom had just stepped into their carriage and threw the bouquet. Of which Rarity went out of her way to catch.

We walked through together to meet up with the rest of the gang.

"Hey guys! Guess what!" Before anypony could respond, Rainbow flared out her wings to reveal the two rings around the base of her wings.

Everyone gasped and said there congratulations while I stood there with my arm around her.

When our carriage arrived, we all jumped in and headed home.



What happened after? That's a story for another time.

^^^ That's a hint that I might make a sequel.

Comments ( 13 )

I must admit. I was skeptical about your story before reading it. Again my intuition was wrong and I was blown away by the awesomeness. I look forward to a sequel. Maybe a mini dash will be waiting in that story

491489

blown away by the awesomeness

You have no idea how good this makes me feel.

Thank you for taking an interest in my story.

Wow, an awesome battle with Queen Chrysalis. Then marrying Dash? :flutterrage:Epicness is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage:

i lost my voice :pinkiesmile:

938359
I'll work on it. But I'm having trouble finding inspiration.
Just know that it's coming.

Liked it- could have used a bit more pacing and less explaining, but it didn't suffer too much for it.

What happened to Neeky, though? :rainbowhuh: She disappeared after the 5th chapter.

1379947
Yeah, she was a real life friend and she wasn't too happy about me using her name in the story so she asked me to discontinue the usage.

Damn that guy is good, i mean he must have been with her for about a week but already got that far with her... Damn.
but it was a good story so i give you :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache: out of 5.

1915543 I have to thank you for the comment. Not because it was nice, (Which it was) but because you reminded me that this story ended in the way that a sequel has to be written. I'll get to that soon.

my god im a hero

1959817 Indeed you are. You should go save some little fillies falling out of Canterlot Castle. Just remember to fly straight!:derpytongue2:

1964566 i shall good sir *epic music plays as fire works go off behind me*

3765164 Same. I love that about my mind.

Login or register to comment