• Published 13th Mar 2012
  • 2,578 Views, 33 Comments

Element of Forgiveness - MasterZero



Trixie has been working at a party planner business, giving shows for parties, and cue Twilight...

  • ...
1
 33
 2,578

The Generous and Fashionable Rarity

"Well...Here it is," Trixie sighed, standing in front of her door. "Will you excuse Trixie for one moment? She needs to tidy up." The door opened a crack and the blue unicorn slipped in quickly, before any of her new...FRIENDS....could peek into her home.

"I can't believe we're here," Rainbow sighed, flying above the five.

"Come on, Rainbow, look how far we've come! We're at her actual home now. I'm sure Trixie is beginning to trust us."

"That's what you said yesterday."

Before the conversation could continue, a loud bang was heard from inside the room. The mares stood in the hallway of the shoddy in, the sounds of chaos from behind the door filled the air. Pots were clattered, yelling and pony swear words followed, and several of them could swear they heard a water buffalo.

Finally, the door opened, and a ruffled and tired Trixie stepped out. "You may step in," she said, dusting herself off.

The six did so, and they found the one room house to be...well, let's be honest. A mess, despite the attempt at cleaning. The floor was made of a messy, no doubt bug infested, carpet, the walls were a dull grey, with brown stains and cracks polluting it. The window allowed in light, which should have helped improved the room, but only seemed to be a small, quivering ray of hope that was quickly fading as the clouds moved in front of it.

"Wow...Its..."

"Yeah, its..."

"It sure is...somethin'."

"Yes! Something!"

"I love something! Something is my favorite!"

"Its...nice."

Rarity glared at her friends, recognizing the words they said. As if they couldn't think of some other phrases or words to avoid the truth. "...Trixie, do you really live here? I mean, honestly, this place is rather, how shall I put it...? Cesspool-y?"

"And I thought the orange one was the Element of Honesty," Trixie mumbled.

"Pardon my diction, darling, but even you don't deserve to live in such an ugly abode. It is simply terrible."

"Yes, well. Unless some bits magically appear on your persons, I doubt that will change."

"Still, I cannot stand by and let any friend of mine live in such a disgusting home."

"Agreed, Rarity. Come on, girls, let's help!"

Before Trixie could stop the unicorns, they began to clean the place with their own magic. "The Great and Powerful Trixie does-MMPH?!" The magician was silenced with a hoof in her mouth by Applejack.

"Best not to try and stop them, sugar. Once these two want to clean something, they clean it," the Earth Pony explained.

"They have SUPER OCD!" Pinkie exclaimed, jumping and landing on Trixie's hat.

"...Right. Truly this is the magic of friendship."

------------------

"Hello everypony, tonight we have a special treat! The Unicorn Competition! A tournament of show between some of the best magicers in Equestria! And we have the finest of the best of the greatest around, mares and colts!"

"That's right, Pinkie Pie! Our finalist are pair of grade A show unicorns! On the left, we have the fashionable fashionista fiesta foreknown as being the Element of Generosity, Rarity! On the right, we have her opponent, a fan favorite, the dangerously delicious doughnut deliverer, Joe!"

"The round is about to start! Whoever gains higher points from the judges will be the winner and will be bringing home a big bag of bits!"

"Hey! Get out of there!" The actual announcer ordered, banging on the door.

The ring was a simple, large circle made of orange tiles. The audience sat in the stands surrounding it, while the judges were on the left side, sitting in soft, comfy seats behind a basic, white, wooden table. The twp finalist were standing on their respective sides, looking at each other.

"Best of luck to you, Joe."

"Same to you, Rarity. Don't worry, second place is still pretty good."

The two gave each other a friendly, competitive grin, before their horns glowed.

"I hope you do not allow your friendship with Rarity to influence your rating, Fancypants," Photo Finish stated.

"I hope you do not allow your animosity to influence yours, Miss Finish," the stallion replied.

"Uh huh. Yep. Alright, I'll-Oh pony feathers! Round's about to start, I got to go, Octy! BTWITIAILWU!"

"Wait, Vinyl, what-!"

The DJ threw her phone in her saddle bag and smiled at the other judges as the lights dimmed and the spotlights were focused on Joe. The colt's horn grew brighter as three giant doughnuts appeared in the air and began to spin. The doughnuts flew over and under each other, before one of them exploded, turning into a swarm of smaller doughnuts. The normal sized doughnuts flew through the holes of the other two, making aerial movements equal to the Wonderbolts.

"And Joe gives such a spectacular showing of his doughnuts! Look at those moves, Pinkie! I think that was the Buckaneer Blitz!"

"I doughnut know what you're talking about, Rainbow, looks more like the Doughnut Dubstep to me!"

The two shared a laugh as the show continued. The river of doughnuts exploded once more, so it was now an ocean of tiny pastries. The pastries packed against each other, becoming a giant serpent. The crowd gasped and screamed as the serpent hissed at them, before one of the giant doughnuts went down its body and stopped at just beneath the head. The other doughnut exploded into tinier pastries, and formed a rope, ending at the last giant one.

Joe smiled as he tamed the doughnut serpent, pulling on the leash a bit and making the snake move around above him. Suddenly the snake broke free of the leash, breaking the giant ring, and sending pieces of the humongous jelly doughnut everywhere. The serpent attacked Joe and ate him in one quick gulp, and the judges gasped in shock.

But it was all for show. The serpent shook and rumbled, frowning as it realized what was about to happen. It exploded, and the remaining doughnuts shot off, slowing down just enough to land on the lap of the judges and audience.

"Free doughnuts for everybody!" Joe shouted, landing on the ground.

"That was awesome! What do you think, Pinkie? Pinkie?"

"Mmm! Good!" Pinkie smiled, stuffing her face with frosted doughnuts.

"Well, colts and mares, I know Pinkie and I liked it. I know you liked it. Let's see what the judges think!"

"That was spectacular! Simply divine! Bravo, Mr. Joe!" Fancy Pants applauded. "I'll give you a 9! Just shy of a ten. I noticed this show was still a quite similar to your last showing, but flashier."

"Mmm! Ten, dawg! I'm bringing some these home," Vinyl grinned, loudly chewing on her doughnuts, spitting on crumbs as she struggled to talk.

"Why I do not have the same love for fattening sweets as Vinyl does, I do respect your showmanship. Eight."

"That's a score of 27 out of 30! If Rarity wants to beat that, she's going to need to bring out everything she's got!" Rainbow Dash announced, before looking at her co announcer. "...Hey, give me one of those," she ordered, grabbing a doughnut to eat.

"Go, Rarity!"

"Woohoo...!"

"Go get them, sugarcube! Show these folks who's got style!"

"Right. Whoo." Trixe sipped loudly from her drink as she rolled her eyes.

The spotlights fell on the beautiful mare ass she closed her eyes. The lights then began to dim, letting darkness fill the enormous room. A cyan gem suddenly appeared in the air, slowly spinning. It bounced, as if dancing, slowly going up higher, before it suddenly stopped and a crack appeared on it.

It plummeted, falling down into darkness, before it was caught by a net of blue and white stars. A white wand, crowned by a star on top, hopped over to the gem and spun around. The crack on the gem glowed and it seemed to fix itself slowly.

That wand...Is that supposed to be me? Trixie thought, her eyes wide.

A red apple suddenly bounced over to the pair. The apple and gem bumped into each other and spun around one another. They bashed into each other, and the repairs were threatened to be reversed. They suddenly stopped though and gently touched one another, and they both glowed as the repairs continued.

The three now bounced together, before a roar was heard. A pair of red eyes glared at the three, and a giant, tooth filled maw appeared under it, emitting a red glow. Before it could hurt them though, a rainbow colored bolt of lighting hit its eye. It whimpered in pain, before a butterfly and cloud flew over. The cloud bumped into the monster's face, trying to push it away, while the butterfly flew to the injured eye and gently kissed it. The monster smiled at the kindness and kindly left as the butterfly and cloud joined the gang.

Each of the symbols were now glowing, filling the room with a rainbow of lights. The lights only increased as happy, bubbly music started to play from nowhere. Balloons of all sorts of color rose up from nowhere, and they danced around the group. One in particular, a pink one, flew down to them and it bounced even more than they did.

The other symbols grabbed the balloon's string and rose higher together, the music continuing to play, before it was replaced with a deep, echoing bellow of an organ piano. A pair of yellow eyes with red pupils suddenly appeared before the group, but the symbols stood tall against the monster.

The monster was shocked to find the dancing objects resisting him. He flinched as a rainbow colored bolt shocked him. He reacted with shock as the butterfly tried to embrace him. He was flabbergasted as the wand spun around and sent a beautiful, sparkly, magical wave to knock it back.

But it only fled in terror as a purple star descended from the unseeable heavens, and bashed him square in the head. The monster ran off, the evil in his eyes replaced with terror. The seven symbols danced as they glowed ever brighter.

The gem was perfect once more. Better even, as it shined with an aura that easily outmatched its single light. The butterfly flew into the air with the balloon, leaving a rainbow behind them. The cloud followed, moving with such speed it created a Sonic Rainboom. Though it was an illusion made by the unicorn, the sight was equal in beauty.

The apple and gem spun with each other, but softer, as if they were dancing. The star and wand played with each other, creating blue and purple bursts of magic. Their magic fused together, becoming a beautiful spiral as fireworks went off in the air.

One final one, rainbow colored of course, went off, and the symbols all stopped dancing, and slowly faded away.

"..."

"Dude."

"Quite."

"I say, Rarity. That was spectacular," Fancy Pants whispered. "Nothing like you've ever done before and it was... phenomenal! Ten!"

The audience agreed, loudly banging their hooves against the ground, shaking the stands as the other judges gave their ratings.

"Ten! Dude, that was wicked awesome! You rock!"

"...Ten."

"A perfect 30 out of 30! Rarity wins!" Pinkie Pie screamed, hugging Rainbow Dash.

"Whooo! Rarity won folks! You saw it!"

Rarity smiled at the audience, tears in her eyes as everyone cheered and applauded her. Joe gave a sad smile, happy at the very least to be beaten by such a spectacular light show.

"Way to go, sugarcube!" AJ jumped from out of the stands and ran over to her friend, embracing her as the others followed, even Trixie. They congratulated the unicorn as Fancy Pants walked over with the bag of gold bits.

"Congratulations, Miss Rarity. You deserve it."

"Thank you, Fancy Pants. Thank you, everyone!"

"Rarity! Rarity! You just won the Unicorn Competition! What are you going to do now?" A reporter asked, yelling from the sidelines.

"Hmm..."

------------------

The seven laughed at Pinkie's joke as Joe walked over to the table with more doughnuts. Rarity happily paid him, reaching into the bag with her magic and giving him a few bits extra as he thanked them and walked back to the kitchen.

Trixie could not believe what she was doing. One half of her brain told her to leave now, and stop this stupidity. The other half, the winning half, was too busy enjoying doughnuts and her new friends to care.

"Oh wow, its getting late. We better head back to our hotel and get some rest so we don't miss the train back....home." Twilight looked at the others as her words quickly sank in.

"Ah. Right. You all have to go back to Ponyville..."

"Don't tell me you're actually going to miss us," Rainbow commented, and received a glare from the magician.

"What if Trixie does?! Huh?! What if she does end up missing you six?! That doesn't make Trixie stupid or silly or-or whatever it is you're implying!"

"Whoa...Yeesh. Sorry, Trix. I was just kidding."

"I...! Wait, what? Did you apologize to Trixie? To me?!"

"Yeah. That's what most ponies do. That's what friends do." Rainbow gave the magician a sly grin, before patting her back. "Besides, buck up! We can visit, right, gals?"

"Actually, Trixie, why don't you come back with us to Ponyville?" Rarity suggested.

"What..?"

"I mean it. It'd be much easier being friends if you live in the same town as us."

"That's a fantastic idea, Rarity. What do you say, Trixie?"

"I...But....I...Huh?"

"Shoot, she's so happy she can't even talk right," AJ laughed.

"Ooh! You can work at Sugarcube Corner! We can have magic shows every week! Maybe even everyday!" Pinkie gasped, bouncing up and down.

"And you're welcome to stay with any of us," Twilight offered. "At least until you have a home of your own."

"Well, except for me. Unless you wanna make a cloud walking spell everyday," Rainbow chuckled.

"Trixie...Trixie does not know what to say!"

Go for it! GO FOR IT! One half of her mind screamed.

Don't do it! Friendship is evil! Don't! Flee! Run! Quickly! Buck one of them and run!

"Trixie is honored. Thank you, my...friends," the magician smiled.

The six cheered, and Pinkie jumped over to Trixie, hugging her. The small party was soon going to end, with Twilight saying she would go and buy the ticket back to Ponyville that night, paid for by Rarity. There was only one last thing to do.

"Here. For all of you," Rarity said. She emptied the bag and evenly distributed the gold bits, giving each of her friends an fair portion.

"I...You're giving us the grand prize?!"

"All that I haven't given to Joe already, yes. You are my friends. You supported me. Help me train. I owe this victory to all of you. Besides, the fame of victory is worth more to me than these simple bits. I'm sure Fancy Pants and the others are telling all of their high class friends about my sense of fashion and style! Not to mention everyone in the audience. My business will get a huge boom from this! I-Trixie? Darling, what are you doing?"

The blue unicorn placed the bits back in the bag and gave a sincere smile. "You have done so much for me already. This is my gift to you now. First of many, I assure you." The smile was quickly replaced by the Great and Powerful Trixie's pompous attitude. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes. "Of course you realize, any friend of the Great and Powerful Trixie will be well taken care. The Great and Powerful Trixie does not simply let anypony be her friend. Only the best of the best." Trixie opened an eye and gave a joking smile as RD playfully elbowed her.

"Oh, of course, darling. I'm honored," Rarity giggled, as the friends left the doughnut store.

Comments ( 9 )

Nice chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next! :trixieshiftright:

Good story. Nice and touching and in character. And nice to see Twilight recognizing that her friends have their flaws too and that Trixie shouldn't be singled out. Too many fics from this period kept acting like Trixie's little fib was some enormous and unforgivable crime against nature.

The spotlights fell on the beautiful mare ass she closed her eyes.

......Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of the class? :trixieshiftright: Or is it just a typo?

Either way, good story.

5516584
I'm leaning typo, but it's ok with me either way.
I got quite a chuckle out of it too. so, bonus!

Yay for Trixie!

The spotlights fell on the beautiful mare ass

Rarity is playing to win, I see.

This is a neat little story. How did I find this again? Oh, right, I typed in random numbers in the URL until I found something.

Don't do it! Friendship is evil! Don't! Flee! Run! Quickly! Buck one of them and run!

Noo! She fell for the evil of Friendship!!!

Nice story, nice characterization of Trixie and character growth, really enjoyed reading it ^^

Login or register to comment