• Published 13th Mar 2012
  • 2,578 Views, 33 Comments

Element of Forgiveness - MasterZero



Trixie has been working at a party planner business, giving shows for parties, and cue Twilight...

  • ...
1
 33
 2,578

The Fair and Forgiving Twilight

The Great and Powerful Trixie looked at the Petunia hotel, and grimaced. The place was far more classy than that of her little apartment, no doubt this placed was picked and paid for by the so called Fashionista, Ribby. Or Reggy. Maybe Randall. Trixie couldn't care less what the white unicorn's name was.

She sighed as she walked into the hotel, seeing various colts and mares walking by, before she saw the secretary at a nearby desk. A brown colt, with a black mane. She walked over, cutting in front of an elderly mare as she stood tall and proud. "Excuse me. I am looking for one, Twilight Sparkle. What is her room number?"

"Um, mam, you-"

"Yes, yes, the Great and Powerful Trixie is amazing, but please, focus and do your job. Twilight Sparkle. She should have five friends with her."

The poor pony sighed, realizing this mare was going to be stubborn and difficult. Best thing to do was to get rid of this Great and Powerful pain as quickly as possible. "Twilight Sparkle, room 406. That's on the fourth floor."

"Thank you. Here you go, my dear gentlecolt, for your services," the blue mare smiled, using her custom spell to conjure up a picture for the stallion. It landed on the pony's desk as she left.

"You are no doubt honored to meet me. You are welcome, (insert name here). - The Great and Powerful Trixie. You may XXX this picture's hooves." Along with a picture of her Great and Powerfulness.

"I don't get paid enough for this," he mumbled, throwing said picture into the trash bin behind him. "Next!"

-------------------------------

Trixie could feel her hooves becoming heavier with each step. Here she was, about to arrive at her archenemy's hotel room, no doubt walking into some sort of trap. Perhaps a ninja minotaur would strike. Or an Ursa Minor would attack, and Twilight would laugh at the irony of it all.

Wait, was that irony? Or just a cruel callback?

Trixie does not care! She will not show cowardice against her foe! She will charge horn first into whatever trap she may have awaiting her and prove herself able to outsmart and overpower the purple wench.

The Great and Powerful Trixie had been so distracted by her own thoughts of riding a flying Ursa Major through Twilight's home, she found herself colliding into a certain unicorn.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Trixie?" Twilight realized, before using her magic to help her fellow pony up. "You came? You came!"

Behind Twilight was her ever present gang of lowly followers. No doubt the blue pegasus one was laughing at her. The others did a better job at hiding it, but Trixie could tell what they were thinking. Their small, insignificant minds were like peas. They may have been able to hide their pea minds from others, but the Great and Powerful Trixie could see their pea-ness! She could see their pea-ness with ease!

"Yes, the Great and Powerful Trixie has arrived! Now then, Twilight Sparkle, what is it that you wish to converse about? The Great and Powerful Trixie's time is more valuable than even Princess Celestia's golden horseshoes."

"Is it okay if we talk about it over breakfast? We were actually about to go get some food at the restaurant downstairs," Twilight offered.

"Oh, very well. The Great and Powerful Trixie shall accompany you."

"Joy," Rainbow Dash mumbled.

------------------------------

"Hey there, everypony. What can I get for you lovely mares?" Their waitress smiled at the group, and one by one they made their order. The last two to order would were Pinkie Pie and Trixie.

"One coconut cream pie, please!"

"Does she not realize we're eating breakfast?" Trixie asked aloud.

"Oh, she's just being Pinkie Pie. You'll get used to it," Twilight explained.

"That would require spending more of Trixie's time with you. That is something Trixie will not do," the unicorn mumbled, before giving one last look through her menu sheet. To her utter displeasure, everything on the menu was far beyond her usual breakfast. Even a simple drink was too much for the poor Great and Powerful Trixie. There was only one last thing to do. Lie like a mad pony.

"Trixie had a big...brinner. She does not require anything."

"Brinner?" Twilight repeated.

"Yes, brinner. Between breakfast and dinner. Trixie would not expect you of lower pay to know what such a thing is. It is only eaten by the most rich of rich ponies, with only the best supplies possible. Trixie can only afford it because her skills as a stage magician is so loved and sought after," she laughed, smiling proudly.

"...Oh! Brinner! I get what you're talking about," Twilight suddenly smiled. "I believe I've read about it in a few of my books. Starswirl the Bearded would have them all the time with his apprentice, Clover the Clever."

"He did?" The other ponies stared at the purple unicorn in surprise.

"Are you sure? That doesn't sound right," Rainbow Dash said.

"Do not question Starswirl the Bearded!" Trixie shouted, pointing an accusing hoof at the pegasus, silencing her momentarily.

"So, Trixie, I take it you are quite wealthy then?" The white unicorn, Rarry, Trixie believed, asked.

"Oh yes. I actually own a mansion in downtown Baltimare. Several in fact."

"Probably to store that massive ego of yours." She heard, but she could not find the source. Most likely the blue pegasus, or the yellow one, who was trying to act so coy and shy.

"Now then, Twilight Sparkle, Trixie hopes you did not call her away from her busy schedule to simply eat."

"No, Trixie, what I wanted to discuss was something a bit more important than pie."

"Must be super duper important than!" The annoying, pink pony known as Pinkie gasped. "Is Trixie working with Nightmare Moon?! Is she going to try to overthrow Celestia and bring about the Lunar Republic? Is Gilda in on it? Should I turn the Party Cannon to Mech mode?!" The hyperactive pink earth pony was stared at by half the restaurant as Rainbow Dash sighed and rubbed her head.

"Pinkie Pie, you're so random."

"No, Pinkie. I've been doing a lot of thinking recently, and I've been hoping to meet Trixie again to talk to her about this. I didn't plan on all of us meeting her here, but it doesn't matter. I need to ask this. Trixie, will you accept my friendship?"

Trixie was expecting a lot of things. She expected land sharks. Ninjas. Shark ninjas. Minotaur ninjas. Ursa Minors and Majors. Even a musical number. But this? She was silent, and her shock would have to be translated by another pony. That pony being, one rainbow maned pegasus.

"Uh...Hello? Equestria to Twilight! Did you forget how she magic'd us?"

"Humiliated us?" The orange pony added, glaring at Trixie.

"Insulted us?" Reggie the white unicorn added.

"No, I haven't, but you three have forgotten. When Trixie first came to town, she was arrogant and boastful, I won't deny that, but then Rainbow Dash started booing her. You three were rude, and we should have just left the show rather than have you three try to upstage her. How many times has Rainbow Dash been annoyingly arrogant? And Applejack, you have been boastful, even overconfident, plenty of times. Remember the apples incident? Or the Iron Pony competition you and Rainbow Dash had? And Rarity, the incident at Cloudsdale speaks for itself."

"So what, we're the bad ponies now?!" Rainbow Dash huffed, glaring at the unicorn.

"No! Not exactly! Oh, this sounded so much smarter in my head. Like I said earlier, Trixie was loud, boastful, and to be perfectly honest, obnoxious."

"Hey!"

--------------------------

In another part of the restaurant, the waitress received the coconut cream pie from the chef. "Order up, one delicious coconut cream pie that will in no way be used as a classic, in the face gag!"

-------------------------

"But we've all made mistakes, and we're still friends. We have all had moments of weakness, but we are still friends. Who says we can't forgive other ponies for their moments of fear and arrogance, and try to see the best in them?" Twilight once again faced Trixie, and held out a hoof. "Trixie, if you won't accept my friendship, at least accept my apologies. I don't care who's fault it was. We all made mistakes."

"Hmph. Trixie accepts your apology, Twilight," the unicorn replied, turning her head and raising her nose. She looked at Twilight for a second, before quickly, and quietly tapping her hoof against her fellow unicorn's.

"Thank you. Now, I would like it if you apologized to us."

Trixie gasped and her eyes widened, as she placed a hoof on her chest. "Apologize?! The Great and Powerful Trixie does not apologize! Do butterflies apologize for eating nectar? Do beavers apologize for building dams? The Great and Powerful Trixie does not apologize for being GREAT AND POWERFUL!" To emphasize her point, the blue unicorn thrust a hoof into the air.

"Okay, here's that non-comedic, completely unimportant pie for you gi-" The plate the pie was placed on was suddenly punched by Trixie's hoof, sending the pie flying into the air, and down upon the blue unicorn, splattering all over her head. "Huh. Ya know this always happens whenever someone tries ordering a pie from here. Weird."

"Mmm! Yummy," Pinkie smiled, getting a dab of pie on her hoof and licking it clean.

The other ponies couldn't help but chuckle and giggle at the sight of their pie covered acquaintance. Under the cream and crust though bubbled an angry and upset unicorn, who was about ready to scream at the six. She was stopped though as she felt most of the pie vanish from her face.

"Are you okay, Trixie?" Twilight asked, a look of true concern on her face.

"Don't act so innocent, Twilight Sp-" Trixie stopped as she felt a hoof hold her. She turned to see the cowpony, Applejack, using a napkin to clean up the spots Twilight missed.

"Hold still," she ordered, wiping her horn, mane, and neck. When she was done, Applejack handed the napkin to the waitress before placing her hat on the table. She sighed and her green eyes locked onto the blue unicorn. "...Ah'm sorry too," Applejack mumbled, looking away. "Ah'm sorry for trying to upstage ya, even if you were acting mighty arrogant and snub."

"...You are truly sorry?" Trixie questioned, raising a brow.

"I'm not! This is stupid. She was a jerk when we met her!" Rainbow Dash declared.

"Rainbow Dash! It is important we keep to the moral high ground. Twilight is right. We made a simple mistake. Trixie. I am sorry for trying to upstage you, even if you did ask for it. The mature thing would have been to just walk away. I apologize," the white unicorn, who Trixie now knew as Rarity, said, bowing her head.

Rainbow Dash let out an agonizing groan, before looking at the unicorn. "Fine! Whatever. I'm sorry."

Trixie stared at the six for a moment, before it all became clear. Moral high ground! They were trying to be better than Trixie! They were acting with 'maturity' and 'forgiveness' because they just wanted to feel superior to Trixie! Well, she was going to show them superior!

"Trixie is also sorry. How she acted, how I acted was very rude. She pleads that all of you forgive her for her immature and uncalled for actions," she calmly said, bowing her head and putting her hooves together as she sat in her seat.

HA! Chew on that, Sparkle!

"I accept your apology, Trixie," Twilight smiled. "We all do," she added, motioning to her friends, who had a range of faces on their faces. Pinkie Pie was still smiling, Rarity and Applejack had looks of awkwardness on their faces, Rainbow Dash was grumpy about recent events, and the yellow pegasus that barely spoke had a small smile on her face, as if she believed all this friendship sillyness. "Now how about we all chow down?" She grinned as the rest of their food was delivered.

Trixie was about to ask to be excused, not wanting to watch the six eat the delicious, rich in both quality and price, food that had escaped her. Sadly, her stomach cut her off.

"I guess your brinner wasn't as big as you thought it was. Here, you can have some of my food, Trixie," Twilight offered, breaking her sandwich in half and floating it over to her new friend.

"Trixie does not require pity food."

"Its not pity. Its friendship. Here." The sandwich landed on her plate and the others began to eat, trading friendly jokes and smiles to one another as Trixie looked at her meal. She quickly went to work, eating it nearly as ravenously as Rainbow Dash. It was the single most delicious thing she had ever eaten since arriving in Baltimare. Worth every bit of Twilight's money. "That was amazing....ly decent! Trixie finds this food decent! Her private chef could whip up something better, but this is an adequate replacement!" The unicorn was quick to cover up just how...Great! And...Powerful! The meal was.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Say, we're all a little busy today, but tomorrow afternoon, is it okay if we visit one of your mansions in downtown Baltimare?" the purple unicorn wondered.

"Hm? Yes, that sounds nice," Trixie mumbled, licking her lips to taste the delectable crumbs, distracted by the remains of her delicious food.

"Great!"

Later that day, after enjoying their breakfast and friendly conversations, the seven began to disperse. They waved goodbye to their new friend, well Pinkie, Twilight, and the yellow pegasus waved, the others just mumbled goodbyes and gave awkward smiles to Trixie, before they left.

"Ha! Trixie showed Twilight and friends who is on the moral high ground! They thought they were so much better than her with their apologies and forgiveness, but no pony begs for forgiveness better than Trixie! And now, Twilight and her friends can crumble before the awesome beauty of her mansi..." Trixie's eyes nearly popped out of her skull as what just happened dawned on her. "The Great and Powerful Trixie feels she has just made a slight error...."