• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,432 Views, 45 Comments

MLP: Journey Across Time - B. J. Williams



The mane six fell into a chasm to the future and they try to find their way back home.

  • ...
5
 45
 1,432

PreviousChapters Next
Shiva's Ultimate Power

As the ships got closer to the island, the kitsunes due to religious obligations stayed as naval support while the confederate navy got closer to begin an amphibian assault while the outcasts and pegasi would prepare an aerial assault. When the aerial assault began, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy lead the charge. Meanwhile, Valefor had flown Basil all of the way to the rear side of the island.

"Thanks, Valefor." Basil stated.

"No problem." Valefor replied. "What Fluttershy asks, I do. I also do favors for her friends." Valefor left and no sooner did he turn around, was at gun point by three kelpie.

"Where do you think you're going?" one of them asked.

"I going to guess nowhere." a second one replied.

"Yeah, what they said." The third stated bluntly. "I wonder where that other one go?"

"Other one? What other one?" Then, they all got hit with a magic energy ball.

"That one." Then, they passed out. Basil turned around and saw Twilight Sparkle.

"Twilight, what are you doing here?" Basil asked him.

"I've come to help you, Basil." Twilight replied. "I didn't want you to end up a prisoner. I got permission to help you."

"But if you're here, then who is running your legion?" At the Hai Qishi, Shiva was in charge of things. "Shall we get going?"

"Yeah." They moved toward the stone which was in the shrine at the top of the mountain. Along the way, they saw the forests destroyed because of the Kelpie, all of the garbage lying around, and all of the relics that have been damaged or destroyed. They were shocked see this much destruction from one group of ponies. After a long and fatiguing walk, they finally made it to the shrine.

The shrine was about three stories tall and made of stone with the exception of the gates. Because of the lack of care from their monks and priestesses working there, the shrine had started to show signs of neglect. Vines started to creep up the poles of the gates.

"This is horrible." Twilight said.

"Yeah." Basil replied.

"But we have something to do."

"Shall we get going?" The two headed into the shrine. First, they went through the courtyard and then entered the tower. They encountered some kelpie along the way but it was easy. When they arrived at the top floor of the shrine tower, they saw on a pedestal a floating amber-colored stone. As they approached it, it gave off warmth. "This is it. This is the sunstone."

"So, what do we do?" Basil pulled out a blanket.

"Simple, we cover it up." Basil put the blanket on it. Although, they could feel the warmth rest of the island could not. "Twilight, can you send a message to Shiva."

"What should I say?"

"Make it simple."

"Okay." Twilight sent out a flare into the sky. "What now?"

"Now, we wait and stay near the sunstone."

"How come?"

"You don't want to know."

Meanwhile, At the Hai Qishi, Shiva was stronger as she noticed the flare. She knew what that meant. She knew the stone was covered.

"The stone has been covered." She thought and turned to the soldiers. "Call back the aerial assault. The plan is ready." So, they sent a message to call back. Of course, the ponies did not know why but the kitsunes did. Shiva gathered strength and pulled out a flute from between her cleavage.

"Izotz izakiak! Deialdia dut!" Shiva explained. "Egin irla euren bihotz gisa hotzak izozten bezala!" She began to play a haunting tune on her flute. As she played it got colder and a cold breeze came in causing confusion in the ranks of the enemies. She targeted the mountain top as the epicenter and snow began to fall even though it was sixty degrees earlier. The ponies on both sides were frightened when the water around them started to turn into ice.

"Did we prepare for this strategy?" Myobu asked a kitsune.

"No, sir." the kitsune replied.

"BUCK!" He turned to everyone. "Everyone get away from the island!" Then at the end of the tune, Shiva held the final note. Then, the snow fall became much fiercer. The kelpie ran to find shelter from the blizzard that suddenly appeared. Mighty roars were heard from the clouds.

"What kind of magic is this?" a kelpie shouted. He looked up and was terrified. "CRAP!" Then, ice quickly engulfed him. Panic had filled the island as it was turning into a frozen iceberg killing every kelpie insight. On of the creatures from above came from the clouds and tore out a kelpie's throat using its mouth for ascetic purposes. When, the other ponies saw this they were terrified. Fluttershy realized what Shiva did in the past explained by Bahamut. Unleashing the windegoes until the ponies stopped hating each other. Shiva, later, explained she was unable to do this during the Great Pony War because many of the sunstones were uncovered.

Meanwhile at the sunstone, Twilight Sparkle saw what was going on, but did not see the cause. The ice began to creep inside the temple and climbing up the walls of the structure.

"What's going on?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight, get by me and don't look out." Twilight and Basil got as close to the sunstone as possible. The ice went around the room but never toward them due to the sunstone. It was blocking the exits. Twilight looked out to see what was going on. As she looked at the window, she saw standing there, a floating windigo, staring back at them filling her with terror. She held Basil tightly; he love for him, although it was a secret, knocked it away as all of the exits were sealed. They heard the screams of terror and pain outside throughout the entire island. This went on for several minutes but it felt like eternity. Then, there was only silence.

The wind blew slightly. Basil and Twilight were shivering but at least they had a source of heat. They looked around to find a way out but it was in vain. They were trapped in the room with no way out. All they were able to do was to wait for help to arrive. Seeing that Twilight was cold, he grabbed a blanket from his saddle bag and wrapped it around Twilight. She willingly shared the blanket with him after seeing he was cold. They stayed by each other, thinking that either they will make it out or die with each other. They huggled each other to keep warm. Also, their hope that help would arrive and the love they had for each other also kept them warm.

PreviousChapters Next