• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,432 Views, 45 Comments

MLP: Journey Across Time - B. J. Williams



The mane six fell into a chasm to the future and they try to find their way back home.

  • ...
5
 45
 1,432

PreviousChapters Next
Bumble

The group was in the valley of outcasts roaming around looking for Kumiho. They were searching high and low hoping to find the traitor. But there was no luck finding him. Fluttershy was getting rather frightened by the forest as it was starting to get dark. Pinkie Pie comforted her.

"I'm getting scared of this forest." Fluttershy stated.

"Don't worry. Nothing in this forest is large and scary." Pinkie Pie replied.

"I hope you're right." They started to hear some rustling. "Or not." The ponies as they were walking by noticed puddles of liquid on the ground. They started to find lines on the ground next to the puddles. The ponies were sickened by this. Then, some of the stuff landed on Rarity's shoulder. She screamed.

"EW. EW EW EW!" she shouted. "Get it off! Get it off!" She panicked falling off course. Applejack got her and wiped the liquid off her. After looking at the liquid it appeared to look like cloudy drool. Rainbow Dash looked up and found several giant spiders looking at them. The green and brown spiders were covered in hair made for camouflage while standing still. Though the spiders were green, there were blotches of brown. That was not poo. The drool was coming out of their fanged mouths.

"Oh shit!" Rainbow Dash shouted. The group of spiders jumped down from the trees. They dodged the spiders falling. The spiders were in front of them and had their left flank. One of the spiders howled as the drool came out of their mouths. The spiders advanced on the group. One of the spiders cut and it jolted back. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Basil took this opportunity to strike back. Fluttershy went to summon an aeon to help them. A circle appeared out of mid-air. A first a lightning-bolt shaped horn appeared. Then, it vanished. The aeon was appearing to be held by Fluttershy through a bolt of lightning. Then, the aeon broke through. The aeon was a silver unicorn with a braided, dreadlocked mane. The horn was ivory and shaped like a lightning bolt.

"Ixion has arrived." the aeon stated. "This will be quite a shock for the enemies of Lady Fluttershy." Fluttershy was wondering how come he already knew her. The group fought against the spiders. Rarity was not able to touch them because they were bugs. A spider captured Twilight in a sindle of silk and Baisl cut her free and vice versa. The spiders were killed but the ones that weren't killed fled while they were wounded.

"Whoever helped us out." Fluttershy asked politely. "Can you come out so we can thank you?" At first no pony was responding. Then a pony's face appeared.

"You aren't going to hurt me?" the pony asked.

"We aren't." The pony came out. It appeared to be a pegasus; however, he had the wings of a dragonfly instead of a bird.

"Who are you and where did you come from?"

"I'm Fluttershy... We came from Coltabasso to..."

"Are you from outside the valley?"

"Yes, why?"

"I… I'm just so amazed that you guys exist." The pony went over to Fluttershy. "You have wings yet they are not like that of an insect." He grabbed a hold of Fluttershy's left wing to examine it. "They are like that of a bird." Rainbow Dash slapped him.

"Hey," she shouted. "Hands off, Fluttershy."

"So, I assume you've never seen a pegasus before." Twilight stated.

"What's this?" He noticed Twilight Sparkle and went over to her to examine the horn.. "This one has a horn on its forehead. Is this a relatively new breed of pony?"

"I'm assuming you never saw a unicorn before either."

"Settle down." Pinkie Pie stated. The pony turned to her.

"This pony doesn't have either wings or a horn. This is so fascinating. At first, I can only dream of ponies existing outside of the valley assuming that they became extinct. And here is some standing before me."

"Easy, settle down." Fluttershy tried to explain. "Slow down. Can you tell us your name?"

"I am Bumble van Timidwing." the pony replied. "I am the descendant of the famous scientist, Reaction van Timidwing."

"What happened to you?"

"The insectum virus came around a long time ago and infected many ponies including my ancestor and we were all quarantined here. He went to his lab to find a cure and he did. The obvious side effect of the cure was permanently having insect wings." Bumble showed off his wings. "The males got dragonfly wings. Females got butterfly wings. At least, it was better than being a complete monster insect."

"How many of you guys exist?"

"Well, when the infection came at least 33% of the ponies were infected. Then, when the cure came about 20% of the ponies were able to get it in time. We are the descendants of the ones who survived. I learned from my ancestors that what was incorporated was a vaccine for a much more dangerous illness that was to come."

"What was that?"

"The 3.5 Virus. Don't ask what it does because it is just heinous."

"Okay." A messenger pony appeared with a message for the ponies. The messenger was more chibi in appearance and looked extremely feminine; he was a dude. He was coughing and he handed the message to Fluttershy. Bumble covered his mouth.

"Oh god. He's infected with the 3.5 virus." The messenger collapsed and Fluttershy opened up the message afraid of what it would say.

"Something horrible has happened." the note stated. "Ponies are starting to fall sick with some unknown illness. Their bodies become chibified and eventually appear as if they stepped out of the dreaded generation 3.5 show from hell. But not only that they also have gotten very sick as well; unfortunately, this thing has spread so much, the hospital workers now have to work 24/7 and still it's not enough. We, now, have reported causalities from this illness. Be very careful."

"What is this madness?" Fluttershy asked.

"That is the power of the 3.5 virus. We need to get the cure for the illness before the disease spreads to a point in which it cannot be stopped. We need to stop what could become a pandemic. Suddenly, Basil started to get sick for the bug.

"Twilight, I don't feel so good." Basil stated.

"Are you okay?" Twilight asked.

"It is the 3.5" Bumble stated. "We must get him to medical aid. The nearest health faculity is nearby. Follow me. I will go ahead and warn them about this next patient. I'll be back try not to get infected any farther." Bumble went away and came back. Twilight, Rarity, and Applejack were also infected as well. The three were taken to the hospital. He knew of a cure that his ancestor made for this incident but it was deep in the forest at his old laboratory. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Bumble went to get the cure. Basil stayed behind to help take care of the other three. They needed to hurry to find it.

PreviousChapters Next