• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,432 Views, 45 Comments

MLP: Journey Across Time - B. J. Williams



The mane six fell into a chasm to the future and they try to find their way back home.

  • ...
5
 45
 1,432

PreviousChapters Next
Battle of Coltabasso: Part 3

Basil rode across the battlefield on his chocobo looking desperately for his father. He knew Tirac was in the area. He was worried that Tirac might kill his father. He dodged the gun and artillery fire coming from both sides. He finally arrived to the theater where his father was in.

It was a forested region; the smell of gunpowder and blood was rampant. Many ponies were on chocobo back fighting the goblins. Many goblins, ponies, and chocobos lay dead in the dirt. Fighting off goblins, he finally found his father fighting Tirac.

"Father." Basil stated. "Father!" Eventually, he saw his father fighting Tirac. "FATHER!" His father noticed him.

"My boy…" he stated. Then, he got pierced through the heart by Tirac's halberd. His father collapsed to the ground.

"NO!" Basil ran over to his father. While, Tirac just looked at the scene. No one opposed Tirac. "Father, please stay with me."

"My son… I have lived on the battlefield and the battlefield is most likely the place we I will die." Basil Rodeloro XIII laid there. His son got him to cover. Then, he turned to face Tirac.

"TIRAC! YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT!"

"So," Tirac replied. "You have finally arrived. I thought you would do that."

"ENOUGH, TIRAC!" Basil was furious and charged at him with his sword and shield in hoof.

"Bring it." Tirac drew his halberd and fought Basil. He noticed the amulet on Basil's neck. After some time, Tirac was able to disarm Basil and pinned him down. "I can kill you here right now. But I have more important issues to handle." Using his halberd, he removed the amulet from Basil's possession. He handled it. "I see the seal has weakened."

"What seal?"

"The seal on the amulet; it has weakened revealing an element of chaos."

"WHAT?" Tirac got off of him.

"This amulet was a clever hiding spot. But the seal has weakened to the point to which it can be smashed…" Tirac lifted up the object. "Revealing the most powerful element of chaos." He slammed it down. "THE ELEMENT OF SCORN!" The seal was broken. The golden parts of the amulet disappeared as the green stone inside glowed brightly. Then, the chaos energy surged through it making it a blackish green orb. "At last, the orb is finally mine."

"Give that back. If that is the element of scorn, I need to get that to the professor." Tirac turned to him.

"I can but I am not going to. Things aren't as they appear, Basil. Besides, if I was you I'd be more focused on your father, right now. If you want to find me, go to the ruins of Ponyville. I will neither run nor hide." Tirac had teleported from the battlefield at that point. Basil had to turn around and attend to his father whom later perished.

Reinforcements arrived from Saddlebury and Ponydale for the Northern and Western theaters, respectively. Reinforcements arrived from Kitsunejima for the naval theater. The mane six were in the Western theater when the reinforcements from Ponydale arrived lead by General Orris Filly. He and his ponies came charging in on chocobos flanking the enemy firing slashing their sabers on them. Pinkie and Rarity noticed this.

"Rarity," Pinkie said. "I'll take my soldiers and charge. You give us cover fire."

"Got it."

"All right, stallions. CHARGE!!" Pinkie Pie lead a charge against the enemy. The soldiers followed her. They dodged gun fire as they ran toward the goblins. They collided with the enemy line and clashed with sabers and bayonets with them.
Behind them, Rarity's troops gave cover fire. She saw the general of the goblin legion, that Pinkie was fighting, was very difficult to beat. One of the troops near her was killed after a canister shot struck him and other ponies down.

"I hate the smell of gunpowder, but..." Rarity thought as she reached for the musket. "A pony's got to do what a pony's has to do. I have to give cover fire for Pinkie." She picked up the musket and aimed for the general. The goblin general had Pinkie down on the ground and was about ready to kill her. Rarity fired her shot and it struck the head of the goblin general killing him instantly. Pinkie would thank her later on.

Twilight Sparkle used her magic in defense of her troops and had used her sword in attack. She was able to dodge every bullet using the various techniques that she developed over time. She had cleared the enemies in the corridor. The goblins were forced to retreat from the Western theater but Twilight knew the battle was not over yet. She, personally, headed toward the Northern theater. When she arrived, she saw that Basil was nearly surrounded. She casted a very powerful spell at the goblins forcing them to flee. Basil instantly saw Twilight.

"Twilight, you came for me." Basil stated.

"I know." Twilight replied.

"Is the battle over?"

"The goblins are cleared from the Western Theater."

"The enemies are also cleared from the Northern Theater."

"All we have left is the Naval theater, then the battle is won." The two turned to Basil Rodelero XIII whom bled a lot of blood. He was in a critical state.

"Basil..." He stated. "You done... Very Well." He coughed.

"Father, I will get you out of this." Basil replied.

"It's okay... My time here is done..."

"No. You can't. die on me." Basil began to tear up.

"My son... It is too late to save me... You must... Remain strong."

"Dad..."

"Even though my death is imminent, I am glad, you were there in my last hour. I am glad to have had a son like you." Then, Basil Rodelero XIII breathed his last and perished in his son's arms.

"No. No, dad. Please don't go." He broke into tears at the loss of his father. "If I only I have arrived sooner... then, you won't have to die." Twilight stayed by Basil's side. She put her hoof on his shoulder. He looked back and noticed that Twilight was trying to comfort him. Basil appreciated the comfort as Twilight hugged him and shared his sorrow.

PreviousChapters Next