• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,432 Views, 45 Comments

MLP: Journey Across Time - B. J. Williams



The mane six fell into a chasm to the future and they try to find their way back home.

  • ...
5
 45
 1,432

PreviousChapters Next
The Aftermath

The sun did set that day, but the landscape was now a bloody wasteland. It was rampant with the smell of blood, gunpowder, decay and death. Although the battle at Coltabasso was a victory for the ponies and their reinforcements, it came at a very high cost. Over 9000 ponies were slain on that day; Among them were many soldiers (both healthy and injured), at least 200 volunteers, several well-known officers (some of which were of a noble bloodline). But the greatest loss in that battle was Basil Rodelero XIII. He was one of the Confederacy's best generals. Many married mares ended up as widows due to the battle.

The ponies that survived were healed by the medics with the aid of Fluttershy and Nene. Nene got her cutie mark, for her talent would be medical work. The cutie mark looked like a red cross. Although, the veterans were able to be healed of their physical wounds. The mental wounds will never be healed.

As the bodies were being prepared for burial. Carbuncle appeared to Fluttershy. She turned to Carbuncle.

"Carbuncle?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah, Fluttershy?" He replied.

"For the ponies who died, the white mages and healers did life spells on them. Why didn't they work?"

"Fluttershy, you need to understand." He paused. "When you friends were in a death experience, they were dying. Their souls had not left their bodies yet. That was why I was able to save them. Alas, for the ponies that the white magic was cast on. Their souls had left their bodies and thus made their death final."

"What happens after that?"

"Well, their souls move to the place of judgment. The evil ponies are sent to Tartarus. The good ponies are cleansed of all of their wrongs, then they enter eternal paradise."

It was now late at night and the streets were lit by candles held by the many living ponies in the entire city. Even, the main six whom were now finally accustomed to the violence and chaos in this time period. Twilight went to Basil's ear.

"What's going on?" Twilight asked.

"This is a funeral..." Basil replied sadly knowing his father was among them. "for all of the soldiers whom perished today."

"I'm so sorry for your loss."

"I know. But, I will be told that a lot." Basil paused. "I'll have a hard time not crying."

"Your father... I bet he meant a lot to you."

"My father was the best father I ever had." Basil stated. "Why did he have to die like this? If only... I had arrived sooner I could have prevented his death." He paused. "However, he must live on. I will have to carry on his legacy." He paused. "But how can I?"

"You'll find a way."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'll help you in these dark times, Basil. I promise." Basil looked at her.

"Thank you, Twilight." A massive funeral was held for all those whom perished. The bodies were identified and placed in caskets and the dead were laid to rest in the Catacombs of Departure just outside the city. The service was lead by Father Zaldi whom, personally, knew some of the deceased.

"We will never know why they fought." King Muto did explain. "But we do know, that have made the ultimate sacrifice of the nation. They will continue to live on in our hearts, in our minds, and in our memories."

After the funeral, the ones who lost loved one remembered the times they had, but they could not stop crying from the loss; their friends comforted them for it is what was needed. The ponies made little boats and placed candles on them, lit the candles, and were sent down the river near the town. They all watched as the boats headed out toward the sea going outward never to be seen again.

The mourning lasted for seven days. Afterwards, the ponies returned to their lives but will never forget those whom died. Basil was discussing what happened with the main six and the professor telling them about what happened between him and Tirac. Of course, the professor weren't too happy.

"You idiot," the professor stated. "I can't believe you lost the element of scorn."

"I'm sorry." Basil replied. "How was I supposed to know that was it."

"Professor," Twilight asked. "Can you calm down?"

"Well, I could." the professor explained and calmed himself. "Well, we can't change the past. We will just have to get the element from Tirac."

"Hello!" Rainbow Dash said. "Tirac kicked my ass. How are we supposed to fight Tirac?"

"Work together."

"Professor, is it necessary to have all six elements to destroy them?" Twilight asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. They will need to be together before they are able to be destroyed. I'm sorry. I wish there was another way." The ponies were upset. "However, I was able to make a device which will help us know who the bearers of chaos are." He pulled out what looked like an ipad.

"Professor, what exactly are the elements of chaos."

"They are the elements with are the polar opposites of the elements of harmony."

"So… the elements would include deceit, cruelty, despair, treachery, greed, and scorn?"

"Correct, we know that we have three of the elements of chaos: despair, deceit, and cruelty. We know that Tirac has the element of scorn." He pushed some buttons. "Let us find out who has the other two." The scroll pulled up the one who had the element of greed, Smokemane.

"Oh great." Rarity stated. "We have to fight him again?"

"Yeah." The scroll pulled up the one with the element of treachery, Kumiho.

"I remember him." Ina stated. "He betrayed our father and should be killed for his crimes."

"You guys, can get your revenge when we find him." Rainbow Dash stated. "But we don't even know where to begin looking." Then a messenger pony came in.

"Hello?" the messenger stated.

"Ah, yes." Basil stated. "You are the messenger I sent to get info on Kumiho. Any word?"

"I have good news and bad news."

"What's the news?"

"The good news is we found Kumiho."

"Great, what's the bad news?"

"He's heading to the valley of outcasts." Basil sighed.

"He probably thinks that no pony will follow him into that area."

"Why? How come? Why can't ponies go there?" Pinkie asked.

"A long time ago, a fearsome disease became a rampant epidemic in Equestria. No pony knows where it came from and the ponies that were infected were quarantined in that exact valley to prevent farther contamination."

"What did the disease do?" Twilight asked.

"It turned ponies into giant monstrous insects." Then, the ponies got scared. Rarity fainted.

"Drama queen." Rainbow Dash said under her breath.

"It is unknown whether or not the disease still exists." Basil continued. "That is why ponies are forbidden to enter."

"So, what do we need to do?" Twilight asked.

"We will need to race Kumiho to that region and defeat him before he is able to enter."

"Rainbow Dash, don't be reckless."

"Since, when was I ever reckless?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"A lot of times." Pinkie stated.

"Name one time."

"When you tried to pick a fight with a frost giant." Fluttershy bluntly stated. Regardless, of the pointless conversation that followed. The ponies made their way to the valley of outcasts weary about the disease that could still be around.

PreviousChapters Next