• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,432 Views, 45 Comments

MLP: Journey Across Time - B. J. Williams



The mane six fell into a chasm to the future and they try to find their way back home.

  • ...
5
 45
 1,432

PreviousChapters Next
Rescuing Yotenheim

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, whom are giants, as well as Isjotuns and some others headed toward the kingdom of the fire giants. But along the way, they encountered some of the valkyrie force. The valkyrie force stopped as one of them flew to the two ponies.

"What are you heading?" the valkyrie asked.

"We were on our way to free Yotenheim." Rainbow Dash replied.

"Isn't the ice king already free, traitor?"

"Hey, we were not involved in the first place."

"Shut up."

"The king that was leading the frost giants was a fire giant imposter."

"Which means," Fluttershy stated nervously about the future events. "We have to go to the fire giant kingdom to free him. What are you doing?"

"Our king was kidnapped by the fire giants." the valkyrie said. "We are heading that kingdom to free him."

"Why not work together to achieve both our goals?"

"And work with the frost giants? Yeah right. The frost giants after getting their king back will abandon us."

"They are nobler than that." Rainbow Dash replied irritated.

"Enough arguing," Fluttershy butted in. "Apologizes for interrupting, but the more we stay here, the more likely the kings will be in danger." Both sides agreed with this.

"Fine." said the valkyrie. "But stay out of our way when we free Lord Alvhest."

The two forces went and then arrived at the fire giants' kingdom. It was a kingdom similar to that of the ice giants' kingdom except that the building were made of stone, primarily Basalts, Granites, Plagioclases, and other types of igneous rock. Unlike the areas around the kingdom the air was warmer; this has caused the valkyrie to slow down a bit. They were used to fighting the fire giants in cold regions.

"Do you have any idea to get inside?"

"No, I've never been here before."

"Well, how do we get inside?"

"Very carefully." Isjotuns replied.

"Now is not the time for jokes." Rainbow Dash explained. "We need to get in there now." So, the groups sneak into the fortress, stealthily.

The party of three, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Isjotuns were able to sneak inside the fortress prison. The walls of the prison were line with obsidian; needless to say, the prison only had torches as light. Inside these cells, they saw many a pony but not one was Alvhest. Many were underfed, others were sick, others were beaten, and others were just plain dead with no way to revive them; they were unable to be buried and began to decay in the very spot they perished. This sight just was sickening to all three of them traumatizing Fluttershy. She didn't know who would do something so cruel.

"Where did all of these ponies come from?" Fluttershy asked Isjotuns.

"These ponies came from around the Confederacy. Some were even born here and never knew kindness." Isjotuns replied. "This is the reason why we frost giants fight the fire giants."

"Do they believe in a facist supreme race thing?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"In one word, yes."

"That's sick."

"How do we break them out?" She thought for a minute. "Oh yeah." She grabbed onto two of the bars and began to pull them apart. They were bending away from each other to the point where the prisoner ponies were able to slip through the bars. She turned to Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow Dash, can you escort them out of here?"

"I don't like passive roles, but I can." So, the three pried the bars to the prison cells open to release the ponies but as the last one was released. They saw King Yotunheim and locked up with King Alvhest.

"My lord." Isjotuns stated. Yotunheim looked toward the voice.

"My boy." Yotunheim stated. "You've come to save me?"

"Yes. I've come to set you free."

"Who are your friends?"

"Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. It's a long story but we should talk about that later."

"Ja, Vi må skynde før brannen gigantene finne ut." Of course, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy didn't know he just said. Isjotuns and Fluttershy break open the prison cell but at that moment, the fire giants knew what was going on.

"The prisoners are escaping. Don't let them out." A fire giant shouted.

"Hurry, please leave before the exit is blocked." Fluttershy stated.

"But what about you?" Rainbow Dash stated.

"I and the aeons will hold them off. Then, I will take Muspell."

"No, let us do this together." Rainbow Dash turned to Isjotuns. "Isjotuns, make sure everyone gets out of here."

"Very well, I wish you luck." Everyone except Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash fled. The two of them headed toward the palace of the fire king. Fluttershy turned from being shy to becoming bold.

[Cue "Boss Theme" from FFXII]

The two ponies finally reach the main hall. The main hall was similar to that of the ice king's throne room with the exception of being made of igneous rock. The walls were lined with granites. There standing in the room awaiting them was King Muspell, himself. He had fiery red skin and bright orange hair reflecting the color of lava. He was wearing a full suit of armor made of granite. It included a Norseman sword and shield; the helmet he wore had two horns on each side.

"So, these are my challengers." Muspell stated.

"So, you are Muspell." Fluttershy replied.

"You are a smart pony but it does not matter. You will die." He summoned his lava guard for armored guards appeared. "You ponies are nothing more than an inferior race."

"You are wrong, Muspell." Fluttershy stated.

"Then, prove it." Fluttershy summoned Shiva for this battle. Muspell sent his guards to attack. The guards swung their swords at Rainbow Dash but they were too slow to hit her. Rainbow Dash countered with her cross spear. Defeating one, the second one blocked the attack. Shiva launched her diamond dust technique at one of the giants that was charging at her. A blast of ice came from her hands; this engulfed the frost giant in a icy case. She stood there and when she snapped her fingers, the ice casing and the fire giant inside exploded.

Fluttershy was dealing with a fire giant of her own. She blocked several of the attacks of the fire giant attacking her. But when the fourth attack came, she was able to block it but her staff broke. She was forced to dodge and she countered with several punches; however, they were not very strong. She was knocked back at a fire giants backhand. She was up against the wall when she noticed a maul (warhammer) near her. As the fire giant charged at her, she grabbed the hammer and she slammed it against the giants' knees. Then, she smashed the giant on the head. King Muspell summoned more guards to aid in battle.

"Fluttershy." Shiva stated. "It is up to you to face Muspell."

"Okay." Fluttershy replied a lot more nervous than before. Then, she went to engage King Muspell.

"You have come to face me at last." Muspell said to Fluttershy. "Ponies are inferior to giants and only deserve to die because they are no more than weaklings."

"I may be weak in strength, but I am strong in the heart." Fluttershy replied.

"We will see in this battle which race is the more superior race." Muspell unsheathed his obsidian blade and he charged at Fluttershy. She charged as well. The collided at the center of the room determined to win. They attacked and defended against opponent's attacks. They did take damage from each other. Near the end of the duel, Fluttershy was able to disarm Muspell with her fake attack. Then, she attacked with full force knocking him down with a lethal wound with the blade at the end of her hammer. Fluttershy walked up to the now dying Muspell and looked down on him. She was angry at him showing no pity on him.

"You have slain me." Muspell stated. "Do you have any pity on this dying soul or have any remorse for your actions?"

"You are the most sickening giant I have seen." Fluttershy replied. "Because of your malevolent acts, I have no regrets on my actions today."

"I thought so. You show no shame when you take the lives of the wicked." Muspell perished afterwards; this was Fluttershy's first actual kill. Near his body a dark pink orb appeared: The element of cruelty. Fluttershy was nervous about picking it up but did. She put it in the pack to take back to the Professor when she would get back to Coltabasso.

[Music Fades]

To summarize what happened next, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash returned to their normal size. Fluttershy was given the maul as a gift of gratitude. The Icerim ponies and the frost giants had signed a truce between the two factions, so they can coexist at the region. The frost giants apologized for what they did not knowing what was going on as well as the ponies. The latter was grateful for the giants releasing the locked up ponies and burying the dead as much as they could. Then, the two pegasi (Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy) headed back to Coltabasso for a huge celebration.

The day was Confederacy Union Day celebrating the end of the Great Pony War. It was always fun and full of happiness. In the dawn of that day, however, things would be different. The pegasus messenger, Gilroy, had discovered something very urgent. And his wings were broken when he discovered this. He found himself running for his life...

PreviousChapters Next