• Published 16th Oct 2013
  • 10,521 Views, 66 Comments

A Sisters Promise - GunsNRoses365



Scootaloo has lost both of her loving parents and is all alone. What will happen when her surrogate older sister finds out about her dilemma?

  • ...
10
 66
 10,521

Chapter 2

Arriving at her cloud home, Rainbow Dash immediately went inside. She bent down to let Scootaloo get off of her back. As Scootaloo took off her saddlebags She shook herself dry before looking at the soaking wet filly beside her. Scootaloo was shivering from being cold and wet which made Rainbow concerned, she didn't want her to catch a cold.

"Hang on, Scoots, I'll be right back with a towel." She said gently so she could help her get dry.

Rainbow flew upstairs to the bathroom and grabbed a spare towel from one the bottom cabinets. She returned downstairs to the little filly and helped dry her off. She then wrapped the towel around her to give her a little bit of warmth. After a moment Scootaloo stopped shivering as he felt her body warm up. She let out a happy sigh and gave the cyan mare in front of her a thankful smile.

"Thank you, Rainbow Dash." She said softly while still smiling.

Rainbow gave the little filly a smile of her own and said, "hey, what kind of pony would I be if I didn't try to help you?"

The two shared a giggle until Rainbow heard Scootaloo's stomach rumble and then her own.

"Sounds like we both could use something to eat." Rainbow said to Scootaloo with a smirk on her face. "Alright kiddo, I'm gonna go make us some dinner. It's gonna be a little while until its ready though, so how about you go upstairs and take a nice warm bath. Dinner should be ready by the time your done."

Scootaloo smiled and said, "Alright, Rainbow." She then rushed up to the cyan mare and wrapped her forelegs around her waist. "Thank you so much for letting me stay here tonight. I hate sleeping inside the clubhouse. It gets cold at night and I get kind of scared when I'm all alone."

Rainbow gave her a sad smile and returned the hug. "It's not a problem scoots I couldn't just leave you out there especially in a storm. Now go take a bath while I make us some dinner." She said happily

Scootaloo nodded her head and went up the stairs. Rainbow watched the little filly leave the living room before going to the kitchen while thinking to herself.

When Scootaloo found the bathroom she went inside and closed the door. She threw threw the wet towel she was wearing in a basket and grabbed a fresh one. Once she set it in a safe place, she turned the faucets on the bath tub and let it fill with warm water. Once it was the perfect level for her, she very carefully entered the tub. She shivered a little as the warm water came in contact with her cold body, but she soon relaxed as the cold melted away like ice. She sat in the bath tub for a few minutes and let herself warm up. She had never been more thankful for Rainbow Dash finding her.

However, while she was grateful for Rainbow Dash letting her stay the night with her. She wished she was at her house with her parents there with her. She teared up a little bit at the thought of her parents, she missed them so much. She let her tears flow free and cried quietly for a few minutes. Once she pulled herself together, she quickly washed her body as well as her mane and tail. Once she was clean she drained the bathtub and dried herself off. While she was drying, she heard a knock on the bathroom door as well as Rainbow Dash's voice.

"Scootaloo, is everything okay in there? Dinners ready and you've been in there a while."

"Yeah, I'm alright, I'll be down in a minute." Scootaloo replied.

Once she finished drying herself off, she threw her towel into the basket with the other one before going downstairs.

When she arrived in the kitchen she could smell a very familiar and delicious aroma.

Rainbow Dash walked up to her and said, "Your dinners on the table, kiddo, It's daffodil soup. Fluttershy gave me the recipe."

Scootaloo quickly hoped into the chair and stared at the delicious meal. Daffodil soup was one of her favorite meals. Her mother had made for her a lot. Scootaloo took a spoonful of the soup and sipped it into her mouth. The warm liquid flowed down her throat like a gentle river and the second it was gone Scootaloo went back for more. Rainbow saw the little filly devouring the soup and chuckled.

"Look's like a certain little filly was hungry." she said with a smile on her face,

Scootaloo giggled a little bit and nodded her head.

"I love daffodil soup." She said happily.

Once Rainbow Dash sat down the two ate their dinner in silence with smiles on their faces. Once they were finished Scootaloo asked for a glass of water and Rainbow went a made one for her. She drank the water and wiped the liquid from her mouth with her hoof. Rainbow looked at her for a moment before Scootaloo spoke up.

"Are you okay, Rainbow Dash?" she asked curiously

Rainbow nodded her head and replied, "yeah, I'm fine, kiddo, I've also been thinking about something while I was making dinner and you were taking a bath."

Scootaloo tilted her head a little bit and looked at Rainbow in confusion.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do with you Scootaloo," Rainbow began, " but I decided to let you stay with me until I figure something out."

Scootaloo eyes went wide before a few tears started to go down her face.

"Really I can stay with you!?" She said happily

Rainbow gave her a smirk and said, "You did say you hated sleeping in that clubhouse. You didn't think I was just going to let you go back there tomorrow did you?"

Scootaloo immediately jumped onto Rainbow Dash's lap and wrapped her foreleg and wrapped her forelegs around her as tears of joy streamed down her face.

"Thank You! Thank you so much, Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo cried happily

Rainbow wrapped her forelegs around the little filly and rubbed her side with one of her hooves.

"Your welcome, Scootaloo." She said softly as she gave the filly a gentle smile.

Scootaloo let out a tired yawn and rested her head on Rainbow's chest.

"Alright, scoots, time to get some shut eye." Rainbow said

"Aww, can't we stay up and do something awesome?" Scootaloo asked as she gave Rainbow a puppy dog face.

Rainbow shook her and ruffled Scootaloo's mane before saying, "Sorry, kiddo, I have weather duty tomorrow and you have school tomorrow. Besides you've had enough of a long day. "

Scootaloo nodded her head before getting off of Rainbow's lap. She grabbed her saddlebags she left at the door and trotted upstairs with Rainbow right beside her. She followed the cyan mare to the guest room and went inside. Before she got into the bed, she took out a little stuffed rabbit out of her saddlebag. She slept with it every night since her parents gave it to her when she was four years old. She didn't really care if anyone knew if she still slept with a stuffed animal it was the one thing she still had besides her scooter that reminded her of her parents.

Scootaloo put the rabbit on the bed and climbed up into it. She got under the covers as Rainbow came over to her and tucked her in.

"Alright, scoots I'm right next door if you need me, sweet dreams." Rainbow said gently as she began to leave the room.

"Rainbow wait!" Scootaloo called out making the mare stop in her tracks and turn around.

"What's up?" Rainbow asked curiously.

Scootaloo began to blush a little bit as she rubbed the back of her neck before speaking.

"Um...I know this is kind of weird to ask, but can you give me a goodnight kiss. My mom did it for me every night, it helps me sleep."

Rainbow gave the filly a soft smile and went over to her. She leaned over and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead before looking into her eyes.

"Just because I'm awesome doesn't mean I can't have a soft side." She said gently before giving Scootaloo a small nuzzle making the little filly giggle. "Alright kiddo, sweet dreams I'll see you in the morning."

Scootaloo let out one more tired yawn and grabbed her stuffed rabbit beside her. She snuggled into the warm blankets and cuddled the doll.

"Goodnight Rainbow Dash." She said softly before falling asleep.

Rainbow gave the filly one last gentle smile before closing the door. She then went into her room and closed the door. She wanted to read a book but instead she just got under the covers and laid her head on the pillow. Small tears formed in her eyes as she began thinking about Scootaloo's parents. Ever since Scootaloo told her they were dead, she wanted to break down and cry. However she didn't want to worry the little filly and upset her anymore than she already was. Now she was all alone as she began to let her tears flow free. Scootaloo's parents were the nicest, most caring people she had ever known. They had treated her like she was their own daughter. Now they were gone, she never had the chance to thank them for helping take care of her or helping her fly. She never had the chance to say goodbye. With all the pain of knowing she would never see them again, Rainbow quietly cried herself to sleep.

Author's Note:

Here's Chapter two, I hope you all enjoyed reading it. I apologize for these chapters being so short. I'll try to make them a little longer as the story continues. I'll see you all next chapter.