• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 4,677 Views, 1 Comments

Orbit: The Future Of Equestria - Ace26



This Fan Fiction revolves around two infantry stallions in the military. When they are tranfored to a new job they soon discover a long kept secret of their governemnt.

  • ...
 1
 4,677

Chapter Fourteen: Bar Fight

Back on the Eternal Flame Gold Wings was in the hanger bay. He watched and studied the night guards movements. They moved from position to position at thirty minute intervals. Gold Wings watched them. he made note of which ones moved quicker and which ones didn't. He made sure he also knew which ones were armed. If he was going to steal a ship from his own team, he was going to make sure he didn't get shot in the process.

It was about ten at night. The guards would be going in for a break. They would still watch from the window of their reck room. They would be to caught up in their conversations to notice Gold Wings though. He slung the bag he had over his back as the guards moved into their break room. He knew he wouldn't be able to return to the ship if this went right, but his friends were more important. When the last guard entered the room. He galloped out from behind a shuttle. He scanned the mine of jets and ships. he went from cover to cover. He kept glancing at the guard booth. They weren't even paying attention to the ships.

" When this is over, they are all getting fired." Gold Wings said to himself. He dove behind some barrels. Looking over at the second hanger bay he knew he would need something fast. he was going to need something that could hold every pony too.

" The ship would have to be armed too, no doubt, if we get into trouble I don't want to be shot down." He said to himself. He scanned the second line of ships as he did the first. Then he found it.

It was an arrow shaped black ship. It had a small canon mounted on the front. Missiles were already attached to the wings. There were to large guns on the wings. Yes, this was the ship. He looked at the name of the ship, it read "The thunderbird".

" what a beautiful name for such a beautiful piece of technology!" Gold Wings thought to himself. He looked around for a latter and found one laying by a work bench. He tip toed over to it. and grabbed it. He picked it up off the ground and began to walk back towards the ship. Little did he know that half of the ladder was under the work bench. he lifter the ladder and it hit the work bench.

I wrench hi the floor making a loud "CLANK" that echoed through the hanger. Gold Wings tried to duck behind the ships, but it was too late. The guards had stepped out of the room and spotted him. They starred at each other for a moment. The guards had blank faces on and so did Gold Wings. He dropped the latter and still stood there.

" Um… Hey guys." Gold Wings said.

" Nice night aint it?" he added. The guards just looked at him. Then one of them spoke

" Open Fire!" he yelled. The guards pulled out their stun pistols and began firing at Gold Wings.

" Holly CRAP!" he yelled. he picked up the ladder and galloped for the ship. Red lasers kept flying by. They hit cans and threw them over. Some hit tool benches and sent metal and tools flying into the air. Gold Wings ducked behind equipment, vehicles, and once another guard. As he was stunned and fell Gold Wings looked down at him.

" Thanks." he said. Then he kept running. He galloped until he got to the ship. He shoved the latter up against it and climbed as fast as he could. One guard tried to climb the ladder. Gold Wings pushed it over while he was on it.

" AHHHH… CRASH!"

Gold Wings threw the cockpit open and jumped in. Red beams of light bounced off the ship as he drove it out towards the launching door. He used the cannon on the front to shoot out the blast shield controls. They hanger door opened he could see space.

" Pilot, you are not cleared for launch, I repeat you are not clear!" Yelled the control tower operators. Gold Wings shut the radio off and proceeded to hover off of the ground. The ship then lurched forward and he rocketed out into space. He saw some red beams fly towards the ship, but they gave up firing after he left the hanger.

He knew they would try to shoot him down so he immediately went into hyperspace. he pulled back a lever on the control board. Everything around then flashed by. The starts were now lines of white light flying by his cockpit. He no longer had contact with the Eternal Flame. he was now speeding his way towards Celestium.

" I better make it to my friends before the feds. do!" Gold Wings said to himself.

Back in the bar Charger and Fluttershy couldn't separate from each other. They held in the tight imbrues that we left them off in. They kept getting closer. Their nuzzles almost were touching. Sights and Twilight were anticipation the moment.

They were both over whelmed with joy for their friends. Time stood still. Charger and Fluttershy were almost touching. They were centimeters away from each other. They both gazed into each others eyes. Nothing around them mattered. Suddenly lights flashed outside. They were red and blue! There was a loud siren and the sounds of doors closing and opening! Hooves were heard coming to the door. Charger and Sights both looked at each other.

" Cover!" Charger yelled. Just then the door burst open and a squad of officers broke through. There were in all black jackets and bullet proof vests. Some had stun rifles, others had assault weapons and pistols! They immediately saw Charger and opened fire. Charger thrust Fluttershy out of the way and dove behind a table, flipping it completely! The officers kept firing as ponies scattered screaming for their lives!

The mane six had made their way to cover behind chairs and tables. Twilight and Sights were behind the bar.

" How did they find us!" she screamed over the chaos.

" I have no idea, but they're here!" Sights bellowed. He pulled out a small pistol that he had kept on him since the tower attack.

" You've caring that with you!" Twilight screamed in alarm.

" It helps!" Sights answered. He popped up from behind the bar and began firing. He hit two officers in there front legs. The third officer ducked behind cover. Sights took the advantage and signaled to Charger.

" Moving!" he shouted.

" Covering!" Charger shouted as he pulled out a pistol. He began firing at officers, hitting one in the shoulder, and two others in the legs. They didn't let go of the trigger when they fell and they sent a massive amount of bullets his way.

" Holly Sh.." He said as bullets pounded the table he was behind. More officers poorer into the room. The cars were outside, Charger knew that. They probably had the back door rigged too. The only way out was the roof!

Charger looked around to find Fluttershy. He scanned the area where he threw her in found her in no time. She was bent over something. Charger didn't know what it was, but he didn't like it. He jumped out from behind the table firing randomly as bullets whizzed by him. He dropped and slid behind the table Fluttershy was behind. he grabbed her shoulder.

" Are you alright!" he asked. FLuttershy didn't answer she was working on something, she was bent over an object? Charger looked at what she was working on, he was right, he didn't like what he saw.

On the ground was a mouse. There was a large amount of blood on it head. Fluttershy was working frantically with tears in her eyes. She was using a napkin as a truncate. she was bandaging the mouses head, trying to stop the bleeding. It took Fluttershy a second to notice Charger.

" He was hurt when the kicked the door open!" she screamed, trying not to cry. Charger had to give her this, she was tearing up, but she was wasn't panicking or crying like the last battle they were in. Charger couldn't help but watch though. he knew there was a fight going on around him, but he wanted to see if this mouse lived. He watched Fluttershy work, until another officer came over the table. he tackled Charger and was now on top of him. Fluttershy looked up from the mouse and gasped. The officer had his knee on Chargers throat. He was slowly adding pressure as Charger chocked and gagged. The officer kept his gun fixed on Fluttershy if she tried to move.

" You will pay for what you did at the tower!" The officer said. Charger looked up into his face. It was hard to see who this officer was, but his voice sounded familiar. Charger looked away from his face and at his body. He was blue. He was a blue stallion. Charger immediately knew who he was looking at.

" B..Boston?" Charger asked trying to speak. Boston just pushed harder down on Charger's throat.

" LONG time no see Charger, you gave us a run for our money trying to found you." Boston laughed. He added more pressure to his throat.

" Well, the point is I have found you now, and I'm going to take back the government property you've stolen…" He pointer to Fluttershy with his pistol. Then he looked back down at Charger.

"…and then I'll kill you." Boston grinned. He put more pressure on Chargers throat. He felt as if it was going to snap. Right before Charger blacked out, right before the cold and of death grasped him. Right before his flame was extinguished. He felt the pressure come off his neck. He felt the weight of Boston on his chest leave. He looked up and found Boston stunned on the floor. He wasn't moving, but he wasn't dead. He glared angrily at Charger. Charger got up. He looked around and thought Sights may have done it, but he was no where to be found. He looked over at Fluttershy who was looking at some pony in the crowd. Then, a larger brown pegasus walked over. He had a black mane, with a crew cut. His eyes were yellow and he had the mark of a fighter jet on his rear end. Above his mark there was another tattoo, something that wasn't natural. It read "Up We Go!" Charger knew who this stallion was, he knew exactly where he had come from too. He got up and addressed him.

" I thought you air men where to professional to get into bar fights." Charger joked. The pegasus spoke back.

" This obviously isn't a normal bar fight." The pegasus said. He stuck his hoof out and Charger shook it.

" PFC, Sun Rise, Eternal Flame." Charger said concealing his identity.

" Secondary Squad leader Cloud Surfer, Eternal Flame." The pegasus answered. Charger walked over to Fluttershy and help her up off the ground. She picked up the mouse with her. She looked down at it and then back up at Charger. Charger just smiled.

" So, you wouldn't happen to be from shadow squadron, would you." Charger asked.

" Yes I am, shadow all the way." Cloud Surfer answered proudly. Charger already knew what he would say. Gold Wings had designed that tattoo for all of his squad members. Charger remembered how mad he was when he found out he couldn't wear the tattoo anymore. He giggled at the thought. All of a sudden more shots flew by! All three ponies ducked down.

" Say there wouldn't be more of you Shadow Squadron guys hanging around would there?" Charger asked as he fired back. As if on que Sights came running out from behind the bar with more pegasus behind him. They all bared the tattoo of Shadow Squadron.

" Hey Charger look who I found!" Sights said as he ducked behind the table. Charger gave hims quick look not to say his real name so loud. He then looked at Cloud Surfer.

" Yah, I found them too." Charger said. More shots flew bye and they all fired back.

" Alright Sun Rise, you're the infantry man here, and I'm a pilot, how do we get out of here?" Cloud Surfer asked. Charger pointed to the where the rest of the Main Six were hiding.

" THey are your main objectives, you get them over here, sir." Charger said, getting unite at the last second remembering he was ordering his superior.

" Don't bother Charger, in a ground fight, I'm as good as a cadet, there's no need for sir." Cloud Surfer said. He then relayed the message back to his men and they took off in opposite directions toward the mares. The remaining fighters took up a defensive position and attacked the advancing officers.

" Shoot for the legs!" Sights ordered. Officers were now dropping like flies. They were no match for the combined skills of Shadow Squadron, Sights, and Charger.

The fight raged on. It didn't seem like any innocent ponies were hit, but some of shadow squad had been brushed by stun round and frozen in areas of their bodies!

" GAAAA! Damn!" Cloud Surfer bellowed as he was stunned in his shooting arm. Charger looked over to him to asses his wound.

" Alright it didn't leave a mark, just stiff thats all!" More shots zoomed by Charger. He quickly dropped down to the floor pulling Cloud Surfer down with him.

Across the bar officers were handling a less dangerous situation.

" Boss, wake up boss." one of the officers said lightly tapping Agent Boston's cheek. he had been knocked out cold from Cloud Surfer's attack. The officers continued to try to wake him. They slapped him a bit yelled at him.

" I don't think he's coming to." One of the officers said. The other officer looked at him with a smile.

" Hey, boss." he started. He was smiling and almost giggling as he said this.

" Boss, they're transferring you to a desk job." The officer said laughing. Boston quickly shot awake.

" NO, NOT A DESK JO… oh." He said realizing the the officers had tricked him.

" Do not do that!" he screamed at them. Both officers stopped their laughing.

" I'll make sure your transferred to desk jobs!" Boston continued to yell.

" Now get moving!" Boston yelled pointing at the fight around them. The two officers quickly galloped off into two different directions. Boston just pouted where he was. He hatred it when people messed with him. He hated it so much.

As the fight raged on within the bar a lone fighter craft zoomed through the city. It ducked under on coming ships. It drifted around buildings and under over hangs. It almost crashed a few times.

Piloting this ship was none other then Gold Wings. he was so worried for his friends he could hardly fly straight. He kept going. He ignored the flashing warning symbols on the road. He was racing towards the apartment he thought his friends were at.

He pulled up to the apartment. There didn't seem to be any pony there.

" Hey, guys, we've got to go!" He shouted from the ship. He only heard silence in return. He tried calling out to his friends again. He didn't hear any responses after calling out to them.

He decided that he was going to have to exit the ship to try and contact them. He stepped down from the seat he was in and opened the door. He was about to step outside onto the platform leading to the the apartment, but a shot rang out!

He daw the bullet bounce off the side of the side of his door! It was near his hoof!

" Holly crap!" He shouted. As he fell back into the ship a large amount of police and federal agents popped out from areas on the roof of the apartment! They sprayed the ship with gunfire! Gold Wings was able to close his ship door just in time.

He quickly booted the controls back up and turned around. He gunned it, zooming away from the apartment.

" Ok, wrong spot to loo…gahhh." He said feeling a pain in his side. He looked down to see blood coming out of him.

" Oh crap, they didn't all miss." He said. He ripped a part of his sleeve off and rapped it around his stomach over the bleeding. The rag was soaked with blood in minutes. He kept flying though. He ignored the pain. he knew he had to find his friends and quick.

" Come on, why are you never easy to fi…" He looked over into the distance and saw flashing lights! He immediately turned the course of the ship and head towards the location.

" I better not be to late." Gold said while arming the guns of the ship.