• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 1,429 Views, 116 Comments

Breaking all the rules - TheLocoPony



Discord is fed up with his world. Defeated twice and imprisoned for over a thousand years does that. With this in mind he plans to instead to travel to alternate universes, hopefully one without those damned elements of harmony

  • ...
2
 116
 1,429

The First Sister

Universe Epsilon 577-T
Equuis
Discordia
Fields of Ash
19:48

[Optional Music]

The grey light twirled in the air, and shot over the fighting ponies. It glowed for a second and small balls of grey energy rained down on them.

The first orb collided with the ground where a small group of two forces were clashing. It detonated violently, grey flames rolling out and smothering ponies indiscriminately. As the light slowly faded, all that was left was a new circle of ash.

Dozens began falling, quickly shooting out from the grey light at it's centre and towards the battlefield.

Discord sighed, while he liked these ponies that revered him as a god, it would take effort to stop these bomb thingies. Oh well, at least Lord Discord had asked him nicely, it was easier to take instructions from himself.

Discord stamped on the ground and a spectrum of light exploded out of a small crack in the ground. It expanded out like a spider web and covered the battlefield where the majority of Lord Discord's soldiers were. The barrier stuck in mid air and absorbed the onslaught of orbs from the Sister. It glowed orange in places where the deadly balls of light connected, but resisted the attack completely.

The glowing shield radiated a vibrant array of colours and faded away once the danger had passed.

A shriek erupted from the grey light and two beams appeared and scanned the battlefield. They shined down in two circles and crossed over all the troops without stopping. They crisscrossed and eventually made out the form of Discord, where they both focused in. Discord stood in the light and flexed his muscles, giving one of them a quick kiss.

The light heated up and Discord stepped neatly to one side as the beam burnt it's way into the ground.

Discord looked down at Neon and pointed down at Twilight "Take her prisoner or whatever the Tartarus we do and get out of here. It's gonna get messy."

Neon managed a weak salute "Of course Discord Sir!" He then whistled and a few ponies in hot pink armour came over and gently lifted Twilight away while Neon followed, issuing the occasional order

Discord nodded and teleported

It looked very similar to Luna, except bigger. About halfway in size between Luna and Celestia. It's mane was strands of darker grey hair coming straight down either side and slightly past its head, and it's tail was straight hair that flowed out behind her. It had wings and a horn, both of which were grey. Discord was starting to see a theme about the greyness here

It's eyes were completely white and glared at Discord. It's cutie mark was a white dot surround by a circle of darkness.

Discord stroked his chin for a few seconds before shrugging "Meh, not really scary"

The Sister howled "YOU'RE TIME IS UP CHAOS! ORDER SHALL REIGN SUPREME!"

Discord yawned "Sure, whatever creepy Alicorn thingy. Hey, you Celestia or Luna?" He asked

The Sister froze "No one has said those names in over 50,000 years. And where is your scar? How could you have healed from Obey so quickly? You should have nowhere near this level of power after fighting for so many years..." A small tremor ran down it's body "What are you?" It asked with, dare he say it, fear.

Discord grinned "I'm the Doctor!

No wait! Wrong fandom! I meant Discord!" He recovered, wiping away a bead of sweat

The Sister growled "You must be weak, showing off like this and using all your power to seem recovered to bluff your way out of a fight"

Discord disappeared with a twinkle "Wrong choice"

The Sister glanced around, trying to spot Discord position. It glanced up to see a Discord smile and wave cheerfully.

The Sister focused and built up a charge of magic in it's horn. Grey magic crackled and small flares sparked out as it fueled it's attack. It pointed it's horn at Discord and looked to see it's rivals final moments.

Discord tapped his foot in mid air and pointed to it's right. Quickly glancing that way with one eye it saw a huge wall of rock before looking back at Discord.

It's eyes widened and it turned just as the mountain crashed into it from the side. They traveled a short distance before It released it's charge, and cracks spread throughout the mountain. Fissures ran their way across the surface as the huge mound of rock slowly split apart, chunks falling to the floor below.

The mountain fell away to reveal an Alicorn snarling, covered in patches of dust and dirt. Grey light appeared beside it as a small vortex. The magic fell away and what was left was a spear similar to Twilights, except larger and with more runes carved into dragon.

"Prepare to feel Obey destroy you!" It said calmly, rushing at Discord

Discord ducked under a swing from Obey and felt a harsh burn. After coming up he reached a hand over the top of his head where his skin was tender. Focusing his magic the feeling went away

Discord tutted "Now that's a dangerous spear. You should put it down before someone get's hurt."

The Sister frowned "Why have you not summoned Insanity?" It asked confused

Discord flapped his wings and a gust of wind went slicing at the Sister. It stayed it's ground, small cuts appearing and vanishing in a split second. It threw Obey at Discord who stopped flapping to strafe left and breathe out a cloud of billowing fire.

The Sister cut through the flames with Obey which had materialised again and sliced at Discord. Discord blocked with a wall of stone he had broken off from the mountain and pushed it against the Sister. It screamed and punched the wall with it's spare hoof, shattering it. The hoof collided with a chocolate clone of Discord and got stuck there as Discord struck with a shard of pure Chaos.

The shard crashed into a grey barrier and was halted as the shield flashed around the Sister.

Blowing up the clone with energy through her hoof she cut through the shard with Obey where it turned black and withered away into nothing. She stabbed again at Discord who quickly formed a portal in front of him. The point of the spear traveled into the portal and re-appeared a small distance away, out of another portal.

Discord snapped his claws and a hail of icicles fell onto the Sister. Her barrier reacted and withstood the barrage of ice, but sapped her strength. She withdrew the point and tried stabbing again. Discord teleported and appeared behind her with a lightning charged fist that smashed into the barrier, arcs of electricity spread along the barrier and sank into it and key points. The barrier stood for a moment before shattering as the lightning destroyed the key points.

Obey whipped around and it's spear head barely missed Discords arm. He hovered away, hissing as he held his arm with the other. The Sister charged and tried to stab into him, but Discord sank to the ground below, dodging the spear.

The sister followed him to the ground where Discord waited patiently, the burn across his arm recovered.

It landed hard, cracks spreading away from it's location. It looked up and huge torrent of earth chunks came crashing into it from Discord's location. It lifted up the ground in front of it as a shield, and used the cover to teleport behind Discord with him unaware

When it arrived Discord was faced away from it. The sister plunged Obey into earth. Grey light glowed under Discords position and ripped it's way upwards.

Discord grunted as the beam sent him flying away, burns covering his body and arms where he protected his head.

The Sisters eyes gleamed and shot forward, Obey held in front of it. Discord held up his multicoloured barrier and halted Obey. Sparks flashed as Obey scraped against the barrier. Discord held his paw up and the barrier continued to stand. A small smile appeared and two shards of chaos slowly faded into existence behind it.

It stared at him with malice, intent on tearing through the shield and destroying him. The two shards rotated and plunged downwards

The Sister screeched an ungodly sound as the two shards buried into her back. Half of the shards was above the surface, with the rest buried into her. A small patch around the two shards glowed as the fur turned dark blue. One of the shards area of effect included the top part of it's cutie mark, where it vanished and was replaced with a splash of black and the top half of a moon

Obey shattered as the Sister fell back, a horrendous scream echoing forth.

She reached around and pulled the two shards out with her own hooves, even though colour started to return to them as well. She finished pulling them out and threw them away, where they withered away. Grey slowly crept over the blue patches and returned the Sister back to her grey self

"SISTER! HELP ME!" She shouted, her words so powerful that they pushed Discord back with sheer loudness

Another grey light exited from the top of the volcano and rocketed towards Discord. A roar followed the light as it went straight for Discord, Submit pointed forwards. It came so fast that Discord had barely any time to react as Submit went straight for his forehead

From the left came the orange Insanity and blocked Submit. The other Sister hopped away after it's failed attack to stand by it's sister and rested a wing on it.

Magic traveled through it so they were both as strong as each other and healed the first Sister. They looked in disbelief as Lord Discord stood next to Discord, who now had an even smugger grin on his face.

The Sisters spoke as one "What is this?" They asked, confused

Lord Discord smiled "This is your end!" He answered

They readied their weapons. From one side Obey and Submit were raised. On the other was Insanity and a glass of chocolate milk