• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 1,429 Views, 116 Comments

Breaking all the rules - TheLocoPony



Discord is fed up with his world. Defeated twice and imprisoned for over a thousand years does that. With this in mind he plans to instead to travel to alternate universes, hopefully one without those damned elements of harmony

  • ...
2
 116
 1,429

Rampaging Chaos

Universe Epsilon 577-T
Equuis
Discordia
Fields of Ash
18:56

You are new and fresh to this world. I think it would be best for you to begin the attack. Once a Sister appears you should be strong enough to defeat her. The other Sister will appear to help her. I will then join you. Together we should be able to easily over power the both of them. Protect my subjects as best you can during the battle. Don't worry about the army of Order, there's no cure for what's been done to them.

A simple enough plan Discord thought, cracking his knuckles. It had been far too long since he had gone on a rampage. Chaos was usually about doing the most random and funny things. He hadn't been in a proper fight since his skirmishes with Celly and Lune Lune.

The sun was blazing down, lighting up the world as it began it's descent below the horizon. Discord was currently lying down on a cloud overlooking Lord Discords army. Apparently the two Sisters had taken home in the Volcanoes, a couple days march from where ever the barracks were set. The entire Order army was assembled amongst the jagged rocks of the volcano where they lived without cover or food. Plenty died, according to Lord Discord, but the Sisters did not care, and neither did the ponies who died.

The land in front of the mountains, where the battle would take place, was know as the Fields of Ash. This was because the volcanoes filled the air with hot volcanic ash that settled on the land and stopped anything from growing. All that was left was a large open plane of grey. A bland and boring place that seemed to fit Order nicely.

Lord Discords army had prepared itself and stood in lines, ready to charge at the Volcanoes. The troops were splashed a fantastic rainbow of colours. All the front line wore the typical armour but each a different colour. Moving back you could see lighter, more maneuverable armour for archers and the occasional messenger, running through the lines. Usually Lord Discord would communicate through all their minds, but as he was in hiding at the moment that wasn't easy. Banners stood up among the soldiers. A purple background with an orange spiral. Discord shrugged, he could agree with it.

The Grey army (as they were know apparently) were shuffling out of the volcanoes. The line they formed was perfect to a centimetre. There was a perfect number that perfectly fit the size of the field and were in perfect lines. Every alternate one had a shining spear that was polished to perfection and the other alternate one had a helmet on, also polished. Since they didn't have enough spears and helmets to equip the entire army, they had gone for half and half, for better Order. They had thrown away all the other pieces of armour and weaponry. Complete morons, Discord thought.

[Optional Music]

And now the battle began, Discord thought with a yawn. Scores of Lord Discord's army charged forward, screaming battle cries such as 'FOR FREEDOM!' 'LORD DISCORD!' And possible 'FOR CHOCOLATE MILK!' which was by far his favorite.

The Grey Army trotted forward in complete synchronisation. Their eyes were unfocused and they moved without motivation, but still they came up against the chaos army. Just as the two opposing forces were about to collide, screaming at each other, Discord flicked his paw lazily.

A nearby mountain tore itself from the ground nearby and floated into the air. The battle descended into silence as the ponies watched the huge chunk of rock soar through the air towards the Grey army.

Thousands of points of grey light flared up in their army and the mountain was encased in a huge grey field of magic. Bearing down on the army, hundreds began to faint as they used up their magic to stop the mountain. Eventually it slowed to a halt over the army, barely touching a few of the larger grey ponies. Fractures suddenly appeared and the mountain exploded outwards, to the sides of the army. Standing at the centre of the explosion was a grey mare with grey stripes running through her hair. Her cutie mark showed a grey star with a white spot in the centre

Priests of Order are ones who gave themselves willingly to Order. They are usually incredibly strong and still retain some original thought. Just be wary of them

Discord smiled a wicked smile as he looked at her dead in the eyes. Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight, or whatever she called herself now, vanished in a flash of grey light and appeared next to Discord

She spoke in a monotone voice, but it contained the bare hints of anger "Lord Discord. For your crimes against Order, I shall destroy you."

Discord smirked and stretched his arms out. He rolled his shoulders and looked back at her "You were never a match for me, even when you had your mind. And I don't think Order is very big on the whole 'friends' thing. Sooooo, you have no chance, whatsoever!" He said smugly, fitting a pair of sunglasses over his eyes and enjoying the sun.

A beautifully designed grey spear hung over Discord. A dragon twisted its way down its length, ending with its mouth opened and a lethal point stuck out. Twilight glared and the spear fell with a slice. Discord looked at Twilight and opened his mouth. He reached towards her, but words failed him as blood filled his mouth. He choked and a few drops flew out, falling to the battle below. He looked down at the spear in his chest and back to Twilight. His talons curled feebly and the light in his eyes slowly faded. Twilight looked on emotionless, before turning to regard the battle

On a sunbed in front of her lay Discord with a mirror, shinning the rays back up under his chin. "Did you really think it would be that easy? Shame on you" Shaking his head.

He clicked his talons, and five shards of chaos magic appeared on all sides and plunged towards Twilight. A grey barrier arose, holding back all the points. Sweat began to trickle down her face as the shards pushed harder and harder, sparks flying off in all directions as they screeched against the shield.

Discord waved "Wait here for a bit, someone I like is in trouble. Don't worry, I'll deal with you later"

Twilight could do nothing but snarl as she focused again on keeping the five points of orange light away from her.


Neon gasped for breath. Just as the spear began to fall from his hooves another grey pegasus appeared and tried to headbutt him with his helmet. Neon grunted and raised the spear just in time to catch the brunt of the attack, although his spear snapped in half and he fell backwards. Sticking the useless end into the ground, he leaned on it, and held the the other half with a spear tip towards the pegasus.

The pegasus charged forwards again and received weary resistance from Neon who was sent flying backwards. He shakily stood to his hooves. Both parts of the spear missing. He was all alone in a small circle. The pegasus blankly walked over to him and punched him straight in the face. Blood dripped from his nose and small cuts and the pegasus pulled back to do it again. Suddenly he was catapulted backwards, flying way over the Grey army with his wings tied up in spider silk.

Discord sat down in a comfortable armchair next to Neon and looked at him over a pair of reading glasses. "Now now Neon. I can't let anything bad happen to my fans, can I?" He asked with a wink

Neon smiled through the bruises on his face back at Discord. "Thank you, Lord Discord" He spat out

As Neon rested Discord took a quick look around the battlefield. What the Chaos army lacked in numbers, they made up for in vigor and individual thought.

Discord stroked his chin. He supposed they could do with a bit of help

Rising off the ground with a few flaps of his wings he looked down. Most of the magic users on the Grey army side had been rendered unconscious or extremely weak after his trick with the mountain.

He put two talons to his mouth and blew through them. A storm exploded outwards and whipped out over the grey army. Pegasus caught in the air fell to the floor as lightning shocked them and crashed into their own troops. The sky quickly darkened and thunder rumbled deeply, echoing across the battlefield.

A massive bolt of lightning shot from the heavens and destroyed an entire section of the grey army. To their credit, they never broke formation and continues to fight the Chaos army as if they hadn't just lost dozens of soldiers.

[Optional Music]

"I WILL KILL YOU LORD DISCORD!" Demanded a voice that blazed with fury. Looking up, he saw Twilight floating in a bubble of grey magic with a purple tinge. It seemed that anger was showing through her perfect order look. Tut tut tut.

A bolt approached Twilight and she created a field around her that bent the lightning towards Discord instead. He twirled and narrowly avoided it, sending a ball of raging fire at her in return. She focused and a shard of ice split the ball of fire in half and impaled Discord through the shoulder. Discord causally pulled it out before throwing it back. On it's way it grew thirty times in size so it completely eclipsed her.

She teleported right behind Discord and tried to stab him again with the grey spear. He split in the middle and reformed behind her, bringing a fist covered in rock down.

Twilight's shield reacted to the fist and the rock exploded around it and the fist was stopped. Twilight was shaking by now, unable to keep up with the almost inexhaustible chaos magic Discord had at his disposal. Screwing with Twilight was SO much fun! Even if this wasn't the Twilight who first imprisoned him. Oh well.

The spear swung back around and Discord matrix style avoided it, whipping back up with an uppercut that crunched against the shield. The grey began to leak out of it as Twilight focused on using more and more power to defeating Discord.

She stamped on the ground and runes burnt along the ground and surrounded Discord. A circle arced it's way in a circle to encompass Discord and complex signs carved themselves into the ground to surround the circle. Lines crossed inwards and glowed orange. Discord looked up and raised one eyebrow

A massive torrent of flames shot upwards. The heat burned mercilessly and fire overflowed against Twilight's barrier. The twisting tornado of flames continued for 5 seconds as Twilight dedicated the last of her strength to protecting herself against the roaring flames she had created.

It stopped suddenly. The world a dark place after the harsh light. Twilight glared at the fresh ashes that scattered the land, a purple strand of hair hung down her face.




"NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MAGIC!" Called a voice behind her.

In disbelief she turned and saw Discord wolf whistle and clap his hands, nudging Neon who was staring in shock and had not yet reacted to Discords presence. When he was bumped by Discord he screamed and fell over backwards

"Twilight! Why have you never used magic like this before!? If you're as strong as my world you would rival most gods in terms of sheer power! Shame you had to come against me, I don't play fair." He said with a smirk, hopping over to Twilight who could barely stand.

"I...will...kill...." Twilight stuttered, almost collapsing on the spot.

Discord tapped her on the head "Now now Twilight. Sleepy time is here." And with that her eyes rolled back and she fell unconscious.

Giggling, he looked to the volcano, barely visible through the storm clouds that were wreaking havoc on the Grey army. A powerful Grey light exploded out of the top of the volcano and flaming rocks plummeted towards the battlefield. A mysterious grey form rocketed out of the top and disappeared into the clouds, and flew high above them. Discord shrugged and cracked his neck. Time for the real battle

Author's Note:

Sorry if there are many mistakes, I finished this in a rush. I was feeling particularity epic while writing this, so, enjoy! Please don't forget to like and fav! Also leave a comment, I love to read your comments and answer any questions you may have