• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 1,429 Views, 116 Comments

Breaking all the rules - TheLocoPony



Discord is fed up with his world. Defeated twice and imprisoned for over a thousand years does that. With this in mind he plans to instead to travel to alternate universes, hopefully one without those damned elements of harmony

  • ...
2
 116
 1,429

Lord Discord

Universe Epsilon 577-T
???
???
???
???
11:47

"Now this is more like it!" Discord chuckled, a glass of chocolate milk filling top down.

The pony on the floor rushed to his hooves and turned around, pulling a small steel dagger out of a sheath and holding it between his teeth. The rag fell away from his side to reveal a weeping spear wound. He grimaced but stood his ground, glaring into the woods

"Do not worry Sir, I shall protect you with my life!" He assured the bemused Discord behind him.

Discord yawned "Oh don't be so dramatic." And snapped his claws.

The wound on the stallions body thrived and sealed shut. He looked down in surprise before glancing up as Discord swooped past him, still calmly sucking up chocolate milk with a straw that had come from nowhere.

"Lord Discord! Thank you so much!" He replied, bowing low

Discord snorted and turned his head "How could I let anything bad happen to my fans? Speaking of bad, who in Tartarus are you so worried about?"

The stallion stared at him, gobsmacked "The...the enemy...sir. Order? Don't you remember?"

A faint clop of hooves in the distance alerted Discord to the 'enemy'. Coming out of the woods were two ponies, a mare and stallion. The stallion was an earth pony and the mare was a unicorn. They were both the same shade of grey with slightly darker hair coming down the sides of the unicorns face and on top of the earth ponies head. Their cutie-marks were both a small white dot and they looked at Discord as if he was the most boring thing in the world.

All in all, they were the most pathetic creatures Discord had ever seen

"Now what's with you two?" He asked nonchalantly, gesturing at them with his glass of chocolate milk

Both spoke at the same time in a long monotone voice which held no emotion "We are Order, here to cleanse the world of Chaos"

The guard behind Discord snarled and crouched low, ready to jump. Discord held up his lion paw to stop him and regarded the two ponies

"You two, really think, that you can take the likes of me?" Discord asked, shaking his head. The two ponies nodded "Well then, bring it!" He shouted twirling and striking a pose, bat wing pointed at the two ponies. A bolt of lightning shot out and struck a grey barrier that the unicorn held up. The earth pony jumped through the shield which shattered just as he was about to connect and landed on Discord

Discord held up his arms in mock horror as the pony collided with a chocolate clone of Discord. He thrashed in the liquid goo as Discord turned to the unicorn who had picked up a sharp rock with telekinesis and whipped it at Discord. He held up a claw and the stone slowed down until it floated over the first talon, spinning slowly.

A short bright light and the stone disappeared, replaced by a circular diamond that shone in the dismal light. He flicked it back at the pony who stared at him blankly, a series of shields appearing to bounce the diamond off track. While she seemed as lifeless as ever, a bead of sweat trickled down her face. The pony in the chocolate puddle was held still as it solidified around him. No matter how hard he struggled he could not escape.

The unicorn focused and created a spear of pure magic which she shot at Discord. He stood still, awaiting the bolt and when it nearly reached him he whipped his head around and caught it in his teeth. The unicorn took a step back as Discord looked at her, blue sparks shooting from his mouth as he clamped down on the spear.

"Look what I caught!" He mumbled around spear, crunching down and breaking it, where it fizzled off into nothing. "You two aren't even close to my level of power, spend the rest of your days regretting this" He clicked his tongue and two ponies disappeared and reappeared as two grey frogs who croaked at each other before hopping off the way they had come

Discord laughed softly and turned to the pony who was staring at him in awe.

"Lord Discord. It was an honour to watch you fight" He gushed, bowing low once again

"Oh stop that already, while it is nice to be recognised as the god I am for a change, I'm not one for fawning."

The pony stood back up "Of course Lord. May I ask what you are doing away from the barracks then, Sir?"

Discord waved his paw "It would take to long to explain, why don't you take me there. I'm interested to see what has been made of this world where the ponies answer to me. Oh and I suppose you have a name?"

The pony nodded and walked the same way he was previously going with Discord following him "My name is Neon, Sir. I am a private in your army Sir. My squad was ambushed on a patrol and everyone was cut down apart from me and those two...things"

Discord stroked his chin thoughtfully, ice skating alongside Neon "And what are those...things. And don't bother asking why I don't know, it won't get either of us anywhere."

Neon looked surprised but carried on anyway "Very well Sir. They were once ponies who used to live happily under your rule. Once the two Sisters returned it all changed." He spat the word out "They preached of Harmony and Order, but what they really did was cut out all of a ponies emotions and free will and filled them with emptiness. Some fools rebelled against you and joined their cause, becoming Priests of Order. The rest were all forced into becoming those slaves and then pit against their friends. Everybody knows that Chaos is vital for life, but they seek to stamp it out and enforce Order and create a 'utopia' society. It sickens me!"

Discord furrowed his eyebrows. While it did seem like this world was far more messed up than his, it seemed to be a primarily chaos governed society.

Perfect!

Discord pointed his claw forward dramatically "Then let us go forth to the barracks and meet myself!"

Neon stared up at him again, confused

Discord sighed "Again, It would take too long to explain."

Neon looked away quickly "Of course Sir, sorry Sir!"

Discord smiled to himself. He wasn't sure if it was just because it was the first time someone regarded him as a hero, but he was starting to like this kid


A white magic spiraled out of the air, it was filthy with brown and black smudges and expand outwards. The dirty light took the form of a small Alicorn before it dripped of the mechanical pony that now stood there. The eyes whirred and the shutter on the left eye zoomed out, giving it a broader view. The colour of the eyes flickered and changed to red as it scanned the ground

"IMPRINTS IDENTIFIED. SCANNING FOR FURTHER DETAILS." It intoned moving creakily to examine the entire area. "IMPRINTS ARRIVING HERE...3. IMPRINTS LEAVING....4. TARGET HAS LEFT THE AREA. SCANNING. LOGIC PROCESSING. TARGET UPDATE. TARGET IS UNLIKELY TO BE A FROG. LOGIC PROCESSING. TARGET MUST HAVE LEFT WITH [IDENTITY UNKNOWN]. OBJECTIVE UPDATED. OBJECTIVE: PURSUE TARGET AND [IDENTITY UNKNOWN]."

The robot sparked and stopped for a second lights dimming. Just as the orange light nearly vanished another spark shot of the tail and the robot stood straight again, lights returning to normal. It took a step, joints screeching before following with the other leg. It slowly but surely began to follow the two imprints that lead it away from the clearing

Author's Note:

I'll warn you in advance, I like to do small chapters quicker than long chapters.

Thank you for all the suggestions as well. I was planning on having the universes be pony based, but I guess I can slip in a different one or two. Other than that, thanks for reading and be sure to leave a like and fav and comment if you have anything to comment. Also, if anyone has a better idea for a cover picture that would be awesome