• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 465 Views, 2 Comments

The Rainbow Trials - Foxes33



Rainbow Dash decides she wants to see more of the world, but gets caught and wound up in trials that may just end her life.

  • ...
 2
 465

My Home

8. My Home

So close to home, my heart is soaring. Don't worry my friends I will be home. Have the party ready, because this Rainbow is coming home.

As the flew, Rainbow couldn't stop doing twirls in the sky. Even if there was the chance that they could be sidetracked, she couldn't be happier. They were so close to home. Rainbow was still sore, but didn't even notice.

"Excited are we?" A voice giggled.

Rainbow almost forgot about her companion, Jasmine. She laughed herself and smiled widely. It felt so great just flying and knowing they were close.

"Yeah, sorry Jazzy." Rainbow laughed.

"It's okay. No blame for excitement. Besides, were free and you almost with your friends! There is no blame." Jasmine replied cheerfully.

She began to spin in the air like Rainbow. She laughed well she got dizzy. Rainbow couldn't help, but to laugh. They were such good friends now. Finally she had a flying buddy who was good at it.

"Well Jazzy! I think were going to make it. No interruptions from here on out!" Rainbow cheered.

Jasmine thought for a second. Then she smiled and nodded, flying faster.

"Race you there!" Jasmine called back over her shoulder.

"Oh you think you can beat me!" Rainbow laughed loudly.

That was when her wings propelled her forward. She felt the wind through her mane. The wind felt great to her an she loved it. This was what she was meant to do. She was soon gaining on Jasmine, closer and closer she came. Jasmine was panting, trying to keep ahead of her. However soon Rainbow was beginning to get tired also. Jasmine had gotten a huge lead at the start. Rainbow wasn't beat yet though, she thought of home and how she longed to be there. Soon she seemed to go faster.

She was focus on getting there before Jasmine now. When she was at her side she slowed to her speed and smiled.

"Not going to beat me Jazzy!" Rainbow laughed.

"Not... going... to... happen..." Jazzy huffed.

Soon Rainbow burst ahead of Jasmine and was laughing, smiling widely. That was when she saw it, Ponyville, but it was different. She stopped, her mouth gaped. Jasmine flew in beside and also stopped, petrified.

"No..." Rainbow breathed.

She looked at Ponyville, the houses torched. There was nopony dead, but she could tell they were here. Slowly Rainbow landed, Jasmine landed beside her.

"This isn't good. I think we should leave." Jasmine whispered, concern somepony would hear her.

"I think we have to take a look Jazzy. We don't have much of a choice, we have to know." Rainbow murmured.

"Okay, but first sign of trouble, I think we should leave. It is only for the best." Jasmine decided.

Rainbow looked at her and knew she was right. She nodded in agreement to flying at the first sign of trouble. They walked slowly, side by side. They twosome were both nervous as to what they had stumbled upon.

"Do think they were here?" Rainbow asked in a hush whisper.

"Yes, sadly, this seems like there work." Jasmine sighed.

Jasmine looked at her hooves as she walked. They stayed close to each other in the ruins of Ponyville. That was when Rainbow saw it, Twilight's Library. It wasn't completely burnt like the other buildings, but the worst by far. Rainbow's heart began to beat rapidly. She suddenly began to run towards the door. She wasn't sure about her other friends, but this place looked so much worst.

"Rainbow! Don't go in there alone!" Jasmine cried from behind, but Rainbow didn't stop.

Jasmine soon followed her into the burnt library. When she entered, she saw Rainbow sitting in the middle by a burnt table. Tears were clearly coming from her eyes.

"It's okay Rainbow. I am sure the are fine." Jasmine crooned.

"The-the-they have them." Rainbow bleated.

Jasmine's face turned pale as she stepped closer and say the note.

Dear Miss Dash,

Don't think we would let you off that easily.

We have them and if you don't return, they

will have to endure trials. You just have to

complete one and they are free. Meet us

in four days minimum, or else.

Sincerely Dusty Rose

"Are we going to go?" Jasmine asked to make sure.

"We have to. You should stay here though. I will go alone. Just one more trial." Rainbow growled.

"No! Rainbow I am not staying here. Were friends and I don't leave one behind." Jasmine said, smiling.

She walked up to Rainbow's side.

"B-but Jasmine, you could get hurt!" Rainbow cried.

"Well they put me through those trials, I think I can live. Besides, I would never sleep knowing you were out there alone." Jasmine said softly.

That was when Rainbow's eyes lightened up and she stood to her hooves.

"Then lets go!" Rainbow cheered.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment