• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 951 Views, 15 Comments

Strange Love - The Nightmare



It's been a thousand years since Nightmare was defeated by Twilight. And now, Nightmare is back.....

  • ...
 15
 951

Chapter II

Nightshine Moon arrived at the castle, her heart a little lighter then when she had first left the castle this morning. Her eyes gleamed brighter as she lightly walked into the castle courtyard.
"Ah, good morning, Nightshine." Nightshine looked up to see her sister, Celestia, approaching her, her mane ever flowing.
"Good morning, Celestia." Nightshine replied, tucking her wings in as she sat down at the garden bench. Celestia sat beside her.

"Do you want to know why I asked you to meet me here, Nightshine?" Celestia asked, her eyes blinking.
"Hmm?" Nightshine murmured, glancing over at her sister before returning her gaze at the flowers.
"I...think we should discuss how you will help to rule the kingdom."
Nightshine let go of a breath she had been holding. My secret is still safe.
"Well, Celestia, if there is anything that needs doing, I'll gladly do it." Nightshine said. She really did want to help; except it seemed that there was no place for her but to show at parties and Nightmare Night.

"Well, then, will you host the Grand Galloping Gala?" Celestia joked, her eyes twinkling.
"Oh please, anything but that." Nightshine said. She hated the Gala. All that stiff, uptight, formal disaster. And to greet all the ponies who hated Nightmare Moon! Even though she truly was Nightshine, the ponies of Equistria were not known for their forgiveness.

"I'll see you at lunch then." Celestia said before, with a flap of her great wings, flew off into the sky. Nightshine walked away, planning to go to her room and perhaps just think. That is, she was until Luna suddenly flew out of a tree right at Nightshine's feet. Nightshine jumped up in surprise, then landed softly on the ground. "You surprised me there, Luna."

"Of course I did!" Luna giggled. Her face had turned slightly red, and she nearly fell on the floor laughing. Nightshine poked her sister with her hoof.
"Huh?" Luna said, looking up at her sister. "Oh." Luna scrambled up.
"Is there anything you want me to do?" Luna asked. Not being old enough--even though she had been locked in the moon for a thousand years--to take on the full responsibilities of being princess, Luna would often run around the castle all day. So naturally she would ask for a job.

"Actually, yes." Nightshine stated, walking away.
"Really?" Luna said, surprised and happy at the same time.
'Don't touch my glass sculptures." Nightshine said.
"YA--wait. That's not funny." Luna pouted before becoming cheery again in an instant. Luna could be very cheerful when she gets used to you.
"I'm kidding. Did you forget to feed Susie today?"
A look of shock crossed Luna's face.
"Uh..see ya!"

Nightshine chuckled. She looked up at the grand clock in the room she was currently in. Time for lunch, She thought. She entered the dining room to see Celestia sitting down, already eating.
"What, you couldn't wait?" Nightshine asked as she sat down. A servant pony hustled in, set a tray before Nightshine, and left.
"I'm sorry, the hay and apples taste strangely better today." Celestia remarked.
Nightshine merely nodded.

Halfway through the meal, Luna came in. She sat down and started to eat. After the meal, they all went out to the pavilion to watch the performance. Nightshine's heart leaped a little when she saw the Wonderbolts fly through the air with the Shadowbolts in between. And then Stratus was in the middle, leading them all.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment