• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 950 Views, 15 Comments

Strange Love - The Nightmare



It's been a thousand years since Nightmare was defeated by Twilight. And now, Nightmare is back.....

  • ...
 15
 950

Chapter I

Princess Nightshine Moon, middle child of deceased Commander Hothead and Princess Platinum, Sister to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, aunt to Prince Blueblood, and dear friend to Zecora. Once called Nightmare Moon, a name she herself dubbed upon herself due to her possessed time. Once herself possessed by the "Worst of all Evils" to posses her younger sister, Princess Luna, a deed of which she is ashamed. And now she resides in Canterlot, ruling alongside her sisters.

~*^*~

"Princess Nightshine?"

Nightshine immediately awoke, then opened the door of her room to see one of the servant ponies there.

"Your breakfast, Princess Nightshine." Nightshine took the tray and carried it to her bed. She sat down, her starry mane flowing alongside her, and she munched on apples and carrots while planning out her day.

"Tomorrow is Nightmare Night, so I'll have to go there for my special appearance..." She chuckled. There was another knock on her door a moment before Princess Luna appeared.

"Hello, sister," She said quietly. Nightshine looked up to see her sister.

"Oh, hello, Luna."

"May I go with you to Ponyville tomorrow? I have a great costume. Oh, and the Shadowbolts are doing a performance with the Wonderbolts after lunch." Luna stated.

"Hmm? Yes, you may come with me to Ponyville." Nightshine said, standing up.

"I have to go do some business, Luna." She said, trotting out of the room. Luna popped up behind her.

"Can I come?" She asked, her purple eyes wide.

"No." Nightshine said.

"It's....private business."

"Oh. Well, bye!" Luna said abruptly, trotting off in the direction of Celestia's room. Suddenly a cry arose near where Luna left.

"Luna!" Nightshine heard Celestia say calmly, yet at the same time frazzled. Nightshine did a lopsided smile; Luna was not the most graceful pony, and at times she was rather accident-prone; then she flew off in the direction of the Shadowbolt's regal and majestic training center.

~*^*~

When she arrived, there was a lone Shadowbolt there, zipping around the stormy track, his mane flying in the wind, his wings stretched out. Nightshine felt her heart flutter. She hadn't felt like this since....forever. The Shadowbolt stopped his racing and flew in front of Nightshine.

"Princess Nightshine." He said in his deep voice as he scooped up her hoof and kissed it.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" Nightshine nearly blushed, then straightened her face.

"The Shadowbolts are my responsibility; therefore, I am obliged to visit often."

"Not this early in the morning." He said. Nightshine nearly swooned.

"I--I--you were very fast, Stratus." Nightshine said.

Stratus looked at her, his blue hair slightly quavering. He fluttered lightly and kissed her on the forehead. Nightshine looked at him.

"This is a crime." She said.

"But that only makes it better." Stratus said. Nightshine kissed Stratus lightly.

"It will be our secret." She said.

"A thousand years is a long time, my dear Princess Nightshine." Then they both shot into the skies together, their flowing manes and dark pelts matching each others through the golden morning sky. And as the sun rose, their bodies eclipsed some of the sun, for the legends were coming true.

Betrayal comes in many shapes and sizes, and the packaging is never the same.

Love grows strong, yet hatred grows stronger.

As the ponies landed on a cloud, they walked side by side, tails swishing, tails swaying, as their slender legs carried them from cloud to cloud, their magnificent wings flying through the air. The settled on a cloud, their legs dangling, as they looked each other in the eyes.

"Canterlot is so beautiful in the morning..." Nightshine said. Stratus merely nodded. Nightshine sighed as her mane flowed in the early morning breeze. She rest her head on her hooves.

"I love everything about you," Stratus said quietly.

"Hmm?"

"Your mane, your coat, your voice, your grace..." He looked deep into her eyes. Those deep, blue eyes. He gave her a kiss. "Your eyes." He said. He laid his own head upon his hooves. Then Nightshine looked at the position of the sun.

"Oh dear..." She muttered.

"I'm nearly late for a meeting!" She said, soaring in the air, then surveying Canterlot, giving Stratus and sorry look, and then flying home to the castle.

And Stratus watched her depart before going his own way.

Love is truly strange.

~*^*~

"The clouds will be our home"

"The stars our guide"

"Our love will last forever"

"Through the day and through the night"

"Oh shining moon oh shining sun"

"Our secret shall be safe with the stars"

"For our love is dangerous yet it is true"

"For the night is where I love you"

"And this is what I say"

"Come meet me my lover"

"When the clouds are grey"

"And the skies are crying"

"For our love is strong"

"Forever"