• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 6,788 Views, 106 Comments

A Magical Discovery - GunsNRoses365



Twilight finds a baby unicorn on her doorstep one night. Can she be the one to show him the love and care of a mother?

  • ...
7
 106
 6,788

Chapter 4

Princess Luna's beautiful moon shined down upon Canterlot as Twilight and her new son Shadow Light made their way down the quiet and empty streets. Shadow was sleeping peacefully on his new mother's back. Twilight was ready to head home, but she needed to one more thing before she went back to Ponyville. She wanted to visit her parents so she can not only introduce Shadow Light but also get some motherly and fatherly advice. The cold winter air made shadow light sneeze and Twilight picked up her speed to get to her parent's house. She didn't want her son to catch a cold.

When she arrived at her parents house, she knocked on the door and it was soon answered by a beautifully aged unicorn mare with a white coat and a white and purple striped mane and tail. This was Twilight's mother, Twilight Velvet.

"Twilight!" Mrs. Sparkle said with surprise. "It's so good to see you. Come inside before you freeze."

Mrs. Sparkle stepped aside and let her daughter inside the house. Once Twilight was inside, Mrs. Sparkle closed the door and the two embraced each other in a loving hug. They stayed like that until a another pony entered the room. It was a unicorn stallion with a light blue coat and a dark blue mane and tail. This was Twilight's father Nightlight.

"Twilight!" He said before hugging his daughter. As Twilight hugged her father, Mrs. Sparkle let out a gasp of shock when she saw the sleeping infant on Twilight's back. She tapped on Twilight's shoulder and Twilight turned around to face her. Mr. Sparkle also gasped when he then saw the baby on his daughters back.

"Twilight," Mrs Sparkle said in somewhat of disbelief. "why do you have a baby unicorn on your back?"

Mr. Sparkle went to his wife and stood beside her before looking at Twilight with curiosity. Twilight let out a sigh and looked at Shadow Light before looking at her parents once again.

"Mom, Dad, this is my new son, Shadow Light." Twilight said softly.

Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle's eyes went wide and there mouths hung open when they heard those words. It took about a minute for both of them to snap out of their trance like state.

"W-what do you mean honey?" Mr. Sparkle finally said.

Twilight let out a sigh and began explaining to her parents the event's that occurred over the past two days. About ten minutes had passed by the time she was finished. Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle listened intently to their daughters story. Their mouths were hung open one again by the time Twilight was finished. After about a minute Mrs. Sparkle finally closed her mouth and gave her daughter a gentle smile. she then wrapped a foreleg around her while Twilight looked at her in shock. She returned her mothers hug while looking at her in confusion.

"What was that all about, Mom?" she asked

"Twilight, honey, I'm so proud of you." Mrs. sparkle replied as a tear fell down her face. Mr. sparkle levitated a tissue over to his wife and wiped her tear away before giving twilight a soft smile.

"Y-you guys aren't upset?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"Why would we be upset?" Mr. Sparkle asked.

"I just thought you guys wouldn't like the idea of me raising a child right now." Twilight explained

Mrs. Sparkle giggled and gently moved her daughter head to look her in the eyes.

"Twilight, sweetie," she began. "Your growing up into a beautiful and intelligent young mare. This decision was not ours to make. It was yours and yours alone. From what you told us, you care about the little one on your back very much, and you have thought long and hard about the decision to become his mother. We are your parents and we are going to respect and support your decision."

Twilight hugged her mother again with a few tears rolling down her face. Mr. Sparkle wrapped them both into a hug before smelling an odor coming from the child on Twilight's back.

"I think our new grandson needs a diaper change." he said making both Twilight and Mrs. Sparkle giggle.

Mrs. Sparkle broke the hug and looked at Twilight

"Twilight, how about you go wash up." She said sweetly. "We'll take care of Shadow Light for a few minutes. "

Twilight nodded her head and gently took her son off of her back. Shadow Light then opened his eyes began trying to grab Twilight's horn. Twilight giggled as she handed him to Mrs. Sparkle. Shadow Light immediately became frightened and began whimpering and whining while reaching out his little forelegs to Twilight.

Twilight softly hushed him before saying, "I'll be back in a little bit, sweetheart."

Shadow Light could somewhat understand what Twilight was saying and began to calm down. Twilight gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead and went upstairs. A few minutes passed and Twilight returned downstairs. Her parents had changed Shadow Light's diaper and and replaced it with a fresh one from a pack that Twilight had brought when she was visiting while babysitting the Cakes Twins for a few days.

Shadow Light was now being held by held by Mrs. Sparkle who was was sitting on the couch and she had his head held in the crook of her foreleg while she fed him a warm bottle of milk. Shadow drank the milk happily until it every last drop was gone. With the milk finished, Mrs sparkle set the milk on a table next to her and burped Shadow Light. Shadow saw Twilight and began babbling while reaching out to her her.

Twilight giggled and softly smile before saying, "come here, sweetheart."

She then took Shadow Light out of her mothers forelegs and put them in hers before sitting in a chair next to Mrs. Sparkle. She gently smiled at her son and kissed him on the muzzle which made him giggle. He eventually yawned and snuggled into twilight's warm and soft chest fur before falling asleep. Twilight kissed him once more more on the muzzle before looking at her mother.

"Where's Dad?" Twilight asked

Mrs. Sparkle smiled and said, "He's upstairs getting you something."

The second those words left her lips, Mr. Sparkle came down the steps and he was levitating a small box with his magic. When he arrived in the living room, he sat down beside his wife, levitated the box over to his daughter and set it down in front of her.

Mrs. Sparkle began getting a little teary eyed as Twilight asked, "What's this?"

Mr. Sparkle softly smiled and said, "This is a music box, Twilight. We've had it ever since Shining Armor was born."

Mrs. Sparkle wiped her eyes before saying, "When your father and I had to leave for a few hours, we would play this music box and you both would fall asleep until we came home."

Mr. Sparkle smiled as he reminisced in the memories when he first played it for both Shining Armor and Twilight.

"This belonged to your grandmother and she passed it down to your mother after she had your brother. Now we're passing it down to you, because you are the first of our children to have a child." he said gently

Twilight choked up a little bit she hardly remembered her grandmother, she had died before twilight was even born. Her parent's always told her about her and now she has one of her family's most valuable items.

"Thank you!" she said almost inaudibly before looking at her sleeping son. Her happy moment was soon ruined by thoughts of doubt as she watched him sleep.

"Mom, Dad, do you think I can really take care of Shadow Light?" Twilight asked both of her parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle both gently smiled at her daughter and Mr. Sparkle said, "Of course we do. Remember your the student of Princess Celestia, One of the elements of harmony, and the most magically gifted unicorn in all of Equestria. I'm sure you can handle a child of your own."

Mrs. Sparkle then began to speak.

"Your just afraid, sweetie. All new mother's are. I was the same way when I first had your brother but that fear soon melted away when I heard his first words. When I had you The fear came back, and I was afraid that I couldn't take care of two children, but that fear passed when you took your first steps. What I'm saying Twilight is being afraid is just natural but it goes away when you have those special moments with the ones you love."

Twilight gave both of her parents thankful smiles and let out a long, tired yawn.

"Can I sleep here tonight?" Twilight asked her parents politely

Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle giggled and said, "You can sleep here anytime, you know that."

Twilight giggled and carefully put Shadow Light on her back. She then carefully levitated the music box with her magic before saying goodnight to both of her parents and heading upstairs. Once she reached her old bedroom, she opened the doors and went inside before closing the door. She looked around and began thinking of all them memories she had in here. However her memories were interrupted when Shadow Light woke up and began to cry. Twilight took him in one foreleg and sat on her bed and cradled her son close to her.

"Shh...It's okay, sweetheart." Twilight softly cooed "Shh...Mommy's here, Mommy's got you...shh."

Shadow's cries quieted down a little bit but he continued crying. Twilight then remembered the music box she had just gotten She used her magic to levitate the box and open it. She then flipped a small switch on it. Twilight softly hushed her crying child and began to gently rock him as the music box began to play.

All rights go to Koji Kondo and Nintendo

When the music box quit playing, Shadow Light had stopped crying. Twilight continued to hush and gently rock him as his little eyes closed. Twilight kissed him on the muzzle and very carefully got into her bed. She pulled the blanket over her and Shadow Light. Princess Luna's moon shined down on them as Twilight's eyes began to close.

Before she completely fell asleep she gently kissed her son on the muzzle one more time and said, "Goodnight, my little Shadow Light."

Author's Note:

Here's Chapter 4 I hope you all enjoyed reading it. I want to thank you all once again for the love and support of this story I greatly appreciate it. See you all next chapter.