• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 382 Views, 22 Comments

A Thespian's Pride. - Genesis Swift



Thespian Dark is the owner of a theatre known as the Dark Age Theatre and next week is its first anniversary. Thespian decides that this play be new and fresh for the special occasion.

  • ...
1
 22
 382

Act 8: One day.

The theater is ready, actors on standby, and the crowd amasses; it's anniversary day. Hard work, combined with great dedication will make the play come out as greatness.

Finally as the gathering begins to stop, and the clock's next hour begins; I walk out to give a curtain speech.

"Fillies and gentlecolts, today we bring you a special play in celebration of this theater's first anniversary," the crowd brings their full attention on me; for they know I am the trigger that begins the play, "We ask that you kindly keep talking and volume of speech to a minimum level."

A few seconds later I bring my whole aspect as a character to life, "This is the story of two siblings that truly care about each other; a sister and an older brother together in a land North and cold. Winter begins to settle in and magic, of many varieties, begin to happen; a little bit of love, a small touch of life, and a whole lot memories. This is The Story of Two."

I exit stage right as the curtains open for the first act...


The setting is pitch black, a void; a voice and crying can be heard as if echoing in space.

The voice is at a female pitch and begins to cry out, "Hello... is anyone there."

[There is no response]

"Hello...," the voice begins to cry and fades away slowly.


A year has passed since Ice was hospitalized; during the whole time, her older brother Frost visited every single day, waiting for her to wake. Frost began to catch up with daily life routines and slowly tried to live happily; Tundra was always there for him, tears plentiful enough to float a boat down stream. He had a family of friends around him, always telling him to keep moving on because that's what Ice would want; he lived through it all and happiness flowed through him once again. The year's ending begins, the winter's cold comes once again; the beauty that it is, here in Stalliongrad, reveals itself.

Frost is at the Glisten's restaurant, Ice and his favorite place to eat.

Mr. Glisten comes to the table, "The usual?"

"Yea, the usual," Frost smiled.

Time passes without a word, Ice breaks the silence, "Maybe we should try something new next time?"

Frost says lightly, "Oh Ice you know how much I don't like change."

"But you like change for the better..."

Frost leaves the restaurant after paying the bill, he meets Tundra right at the exit. They hug each other in greeting.

"Great to see you Frost, how is everything going?"

He gestures a hoof back and forth, "Well when it comes to your parents, their in a good mood; and their cooking is still fantastic."

Tundra nuzzles Frost before kissing him on the cheek, "Then we'll tell them the good news tomorrow," she enters the restaurant.

Ice looks up to her brother, "You two look great together."

Frost blushes and smiles.


The crowd watches and adores the play. It's just really nice, quiet, and dark, the whole theater, becomes its own world. I know it's like this every time but the feeling is so dynamic; a guessing heartbeat you could say. The hypothesis of many creating their own strands of the world; taking what you know and changing the future via choices.

This play is only my idea with my choices, think of how many stories you could make just by changing one thing; but it's all from this world.

The acting premise is so inspiring seeing somepony just going up there looking, changing, sounding like somepony else, enough to convince you that you know not of that fellow. You lose yourself in watching as events unfold you, learn of a story as it unpacks right in front of you. So inspiring... well I'm on; time to inspire.


"We'll be together forever won't we big brother," Ice smiled hugging her older brother.

Frost finished a cup of hot cocoa, smiling licking the remnants off his lips, "Yea Ice forever," he said standing up.

He sat next to a box and brought out many holiday decorations to decor the house with. Frost set each one in places he thought made them shine the best; within the hour he finished.

"You never got to see the whole house decorated completely," Frost said staring up at the conclusion of his decorations.

"It looks so pretty!"

Frost says under his breath, "Just one last thing to do for the day, Ice," He prepped himself to go outside; just before he left he looked back on the decorations, "Yea they do look nice."

Storms are on and off but the ground stays at a few inches of snow. Frost is prepared with a scarf and such for the trek, he moves at a decent pace as headwind blows roughly.


I can see mother out there in the crowd sh..she looks so, proud, it brings myself to tears as I exit stage left. All is so well this day. This anniversary truly has brought much more warmth to my heart than any day possible.


"Icelia so much has happened this year," Frost says in tears, sobbing he continues, "but its all for the best right?"

Icelia smiles but with tears flowing from her eyes, "Big brother don't cry there's nothing to cry about," Ice says at the brink of her own cry's, "Just tell me all about it brother."

"Ice I lived on like you wanted me to, I'm at the place I wanna be, I'm happy and happily engaged as well," he sobs.

"That's all wonderful big brother, you just got to wait for that one day."

Frost continues in tears, "How long do I have to wait though, Ice, how long."

"As long as it takes brother."

"I miss you Ice, I'm happy but not as happy without you, your everything to me."

Frost is seen sobbing next to a hospital bed with Ice lying on it. An image of Ice slowly disappears, smiling as she fades away.

"You have a brother waiting for you Ice and maybe an older sister," Frost slows down his crying, "Everyone in Stalliongrad is waiting for that one day; a whole family is waiting, that family is everyone."


A couple of voices are heard from the crowd shouting, "Author, author!"

I'm overflowed with flattery as I walk out upon the stage, thanking the audience for coming, seeing few wipe tears from their eyes.

The audience begins to leave, some giving their compliments to me whilst leaving. I jaw dropped at the sight of Princess Cadence of the crystal empire!

"Your highness," I bowed in respect, "I hope you enjoyed the show."

"You may rise Thespian, this theater is your kingdom. The show you put on was lovely."

"Your highness I'm honored to be in your presence, may I ask what your doing so far away from the empire?"

She smiles, "I'm on vacation for awhile."

Well I won't question that any further, "Well have a lovely evening."

"And a lovely evening for you Thespian."

My heart raced at the fact that royalty such as the Princess of the crystal empire attended my play. This really was more spectacular than I thought it would be. My mother came next I sounded like a little colt when I told her the recently discovered news.

"Mother did you enjoy the play?"

"I enjoyed it very much Thespian and so did your brother," she pointed my brother out.

He just had a smug look on his face and finally spoke up, "Yea it was okay."

I just blew that off knowing he liked it but didn't care, "Well I'm glad you came it made it that much better."

I hugged my mother at the end of our conversation and continued talking to ponies as they left. After everypony had cleared the theater I went to congratulate the actors.

"Congratulations everypony you made this anniversary the greatest night this theater ever had," they smiled at the compliment, "and if you didn't notice Princess Cadence was in the audience; she told me herself that she enjoyed the play very much."

The whole crew started talking excitedly in shock of the news Genesis spoke up, "How did we miss an alicorn princess in the audience?"

I tried finding the words for that answer but I came out empty hoofed.

"Well I'm gonna head out it was fun doing the play Thespian but I think I'll go back to work," he went towards the door gesturing his goodbyes, "Thanks for giving me a job and time to recover."

"No problem friend you did great, come by anytime."

Genesis left and minutes later the rest of the actors followed suit.

I was left alone happy filled with the pride of another grand achievement and milestone in my life. I enjoyed this past week so much and this story.


Tundra enters the hospital room where Frost is sobbing deeply.

"Frost whats going on," she rushes to Frost putting a wing around him, "Is it Ice? Frost you know we will always wait for her and we will visit her everyday like we have been."

Frost looked up towards Tundra, "No, Tundra were not, she's waiting for us now."

She looked down at Frost then up at Ice, her lip quivered, "B..but she," Tundra cried with Frost with what seemed like a never ending flow of tears.

Anypony in Stalliongrad could tell you how close the two siblings were, one could say they were two peas in a pod, or two parts of a full set, and one could say that they were inseparable.

One could only ask why.


"Life has one meaning and that is to live in eternal sadness, for truth be told there is much beauty in sadness; we just may live only to see beauty in its true form."

~Genesis

Act End.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for reading I really hope you enjoyed I will continue to edit and make this better over time for the future readers to enjoy.

Heyo this story has a sequel, shame that it isn't my best rated story I think it's my favorite I've written.

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by Genesis Swift deleted Dec 6th, 2013
Login or register to comment