• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 382 Views, 22 Comments

A Thespian's Pride. - Genesis Swift



Thespian Dark is the owner of a theatre known as the Dark Age Theatre and next week is its first anniversary. Thespian decides that this play be new and fresh for the special occasion.

  • ...
1
 22
 382

Act 3: Two tears never forgotten.

The play write shows this bond between family and friends, between ponies and community this bond that is strong between not just Frost and Ice, but as well as everyone in Stalliongrad. The winters cold all warmed by the hearts of many. I'll just stop it for now and see how the actors are doing.

I stepped out of my quarters to see the hard work the actors performed. They wanted to make this anniversary one to remember. I felt pride in this piece and even if it turned out as a mess up I'd be proud of what I wrote and of the actors that performed the piece.

The Dark Age theater became everything I ever wanted it to be if not more. I never thought that just one year ago this was just a standalone stage with barely anything to guide its actors; now its a place of massive entertainment known throughout Equestria. I thank everyone that supported me to get this far friends, staff, and family.I sat down where the audience would sit just a week from now. This is the life I live, one as an actor, a producer, a writer. I took out my script and continued to edit the third act for any improvements necessary. I looked up and saw the restaurant scene being practiced.

I saw the two siblings hug and felt it as if this were stalliongrad with all its emotions being shared, "Beautiful you two, the smiles are perfect I can feel that sibling bond, keep it up."

I stared off and thought over the play and its final edits. The emotion is everything but it is better emphasized when not made the main topic that way it gives off a more realistic feel. I looked at the script and scribbled in and off a few items and began to read over it once more.


The storm of the winter had set itself once again during the night in stalliongrad. Frost took care of his little sister Ice as he always did but its times like these, of that which is buried will dig up to be revealed.

"Well Ice it seems the storms of snowfall are gonna be a daily thing for this part of the winter."

Ice was half asleep and tired but she still had enough in her to have a conversation with Frost, "Mhmm but we will get to see the gleaming white snow all over in the morning and it will look so beautiful brother, I know it."

Frost sat down next to his sister and glanced out the window to see the violence of the storm but also see the perceptive view of the beauty in the morning, "Yes Ice it definitely will look gorgeous in the morning and we'll go out to see it tomorrow."

"Big brother can you tell me about what mom and dad would do during the winter?"

Frost had told Ice everything about their parents since she didn't really grow up with them. The stories he would tell about them always made her happy so he told them a hundred times over.

"Yea Ice I can tell you about mom and dad," Frost turned to Ice and relaxed himself. He smiled and let his words drift him off to the story's setting.

"Mom and dad loved Stalliongrad's winter time they would go on walks in that beautiful snow, you talked about we would see in the morning. They were always happy and great friends with everypony, kind of like you and I Ice they would help others," Frost thought of the other things his parents would do, "Remember their jobs Ice, how I told you they would move the snow off rooftops and heat up the sidewalks to melt the ice to avoid any accidents, yea they loved their jobs because they got to stay out in the snows beauty."

"Big brother how would they spend Hearth's Warming Eve together," Ice asked eager to hear the seasons full story.

"Well they would spend it like this laying down telling each other old stories decorating the house..."

"Oh brother can we decorate the house this year?"

"Yea Ice I'm sure we have some leftover decorations and I'll go buy us some next week we'll make this house look great."

"Yay," Ice was excited to get started on the decorations.

"Mom and dad got married during the winter as well in fact this Wednesday is their anniversary,"

"Oh we should do something to celebrate for them."

Frost was smiling, his sister was so energetic about things like this appreciating everything life gave her. He couldn't ask for a better sister nor would he want to she was perfect.

"What did you have in mind Ice?"

"I don't know special dinner maybe a few gifts for them," Ice said thinking hard on all the ideas

"We'll do something Ice just for them. Mom and dad would love it."

Ice ran off and got a photo album with their parents in it. Looking through all the pictures she came up with more and more ideas.

"Mom would look pretty with a ribbon in her mane, dad would like it to I bet," Ice went on and on while Frost just smiled and agreed with all her ideas. After awhile Ice obviously looked like she was getting tired from the occasional yawn between ideas.

"Come on Ice we should rest if we want to see the snow tomorrow in the morning when it's at its most shiniest," Frost said helping the filly get up to head to bed.

"Oh okay yea I want us to see the snow just like mom and dad would."

"Yea, and we can melt the ice on the side walks and help snow not build up to much on the roofs just like they did," while Frost said this a tear welled up in his eye.

Icelia laid in bed with her eyes closed, "Goodnight," she yawned and very tiredly continued, "Big brother," and she was out in a minute.

"Goodnight little sister," Frost said leaving the room.

Frost was so happy he could bring such joy to his sister by talking about their parents. He took the photo album via magic into his room and laid it down on the bed open to a picture of his parents. He wanted to cry neither tears of happiness or sadness. Their parents died an untimely death when Ice was only 5; she remembered them but not that well. Frost had to live on his own taking care of a young sister growing up the rest of their lives with nothing but each other at the age of 12. Surviving off what their parents had built up.

Frost remembered everything about their parents they would always say "take care of your sister" and he did. He made Ice happy, took care of her, raised her, and loved her as a brother should. That's what they said before they left for the day "take care of your sister" but he never expected them to never come back; the storm of that winter took them before he ever had a chance to see them and show them that he took care of Ice while they were away. She was happy even though she knew the whole story, she was happy even though she knew her parents were gone, she was happy just to have her brother and accepted what she didn't have. Frost did everything for his sister because she was all he had left; he loved his family and she was it.

Frost reminded himself that everyday, he put the photo album away. Frost was ready for bed he didn't want to think about something that happened 7 years ago he just needed to be like his sister and accept what he had and be thankful he had it.

Before Frost could accept that, two tears hit the floor. These would be his last tears of acceptance of a hard fact he lived through, but he knew if he was gonna be sad that would make his sister sad and his selflessness wouldn't let that happen to the one thing he wouldn't ever forget he had.

Act End.