• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 382 Views, 22 Comments

A Thespian's Pride. - Genesis Swift



Thespian Dark is the owner of a theatre known as the Dark Age Theatre and next week is its first anniversary. Thespian decides that this play be new and fresh for the special occasion.

  • ...
1
 22
 382

Act 2: Two is better than one.

A grand introductory act for the play, I thought. It will be wonderful to show the emotion, the compelling characters, the wonderful setting. Now what shall I do with the second act, different perspective perhaps or a controversy that leaves the audience on edge, maybe a mystery left to be solved. No, no no, no no. Something much better. Now to give the crew their scripts and characters they shall be playing.

I took a step out onto the backstage where my crew awaits. I handed them the scripts for the first act, they all took a gander at the script and awaited positions.

"Alright now for assigning roles. I shall play as the father of Tundra Glisten, who will be played by Cachel Banktorent. Icelia will be played by Interima Protem and the older brother Frost shall be Genesis Swift..."

"Wait what?"

"Yes you heard me, Mrs. Letterlov will also be me with a ton of makeup and wrinkles," I let out a chuckle with that. I love being funny characters comedic relief is needed in almost every story besides most women in old play writes were played by men anyways, "Finally Tundra Glistens mother shall be Rostrum Podiuma. Now lets start practicing shall we."

"I can't believe I signed up for this; I'm a researcher on histories greatest mysteries, human beings," Genesis said with a sigh.

"Hey you said you wanted a break from that job after the incident at that containment whatever it was," I said to my long known friend.

"Yea, thanks but try not to remind of that."

"Yea sorry bro."

I went back into my room and proceeded to write the second act. It shall start with the two siblings from where they last left off.


Frost had planned to help Mrs. Letterlov with anything she needed done as thanks for the shelter she provided for the storm last night. When they arrived at the door Mrs. Letterlov was surprised to see them there ready to help.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Letterlov. Ice and I wanted to stop by and see if we could help you with anything to show our appreciation for your provided shelter," Frost said with high amounts of respect for the elder.

"Oh isn't that sweet of you two to help an old mare like me with my work. You two always bring sunshine and smiles to this town it was the least I could do."

"Well we'd like to help you with anything you need we owe it to you."

"Thank you dears. Here take this letter to Mr. Glisten it's a special order I'd like to have done; I'd take it myself but with the weather I'm afraid my hooves would give out from all the snow trek."

"No problem we'll have it done. Right Ice?

"Mhm anything for you Mrs. Letterlov," Icelia hugged Mrs. Letterlov,”I think you’re the nicest pony I know and brother and I would help you at any time you needed.”

Frost gave a small hug to the elder and left with Ice to deliver the letter, it was no bother because Frost would have stopped by at the Glistens anyway. He wanted to see Tundra even though he saw her not to long ago. The siblings walked to the courtyard where the Glisten’s restaurant was just across the street from their home street. A walk Frost pulled off almost every day since his feelings became a lot stronger towards Tundra.

Entering the restaurant Frost and Ice took their seat in the usual spot they had always sat at. The establishment looked nice it had atmosphere fit for Stalliongrad’s cultural background. Frost and Ice sat right next to each other and took a quick look at the menu and quickly put it aside knowing that they would order their usual. That’s when the waitress came by. Tundra Glisten in all her beauty and a smile on top of it all.Frost smiled back how could he resist, she was in the old waitress uniform that Frost thought looked rather great on her.

"Hey your rocking the old uniform I see," Frost said playing it cool.

"Yea mom wanted me to wear it for old times sake."

Frost pulled out the letter from Mrs. Letterlov, "Here can you give this to your dad it's a request from Mrs. Letterlov."

"Yea I'll go give it to him right now. Oh that's right I didn't take your orders, what would you like to have?"

In unison Frost and Ice responded, "The usual."

The two smiled at each other and waited for their meals. Frost always had ordered a dragon lilly sandwich with crispy hay fries, while his sister ordered a lilac salad. Mr. Glisten soon after the order delivered their food. He is a cool guy always smiling, has the coolest sense of humor, and all around friendly.

"Good afternoon Frosten and Icelia," he always addressed them by their full names his voice was deep, nice, and respectful.

"Good afternoon Mr. Glisten did Tundra give you the letter?"

"Yea I have it right here it was nice of the both of you to deliver this for Mrs. Letterlov; how about meals on the house for you two."

"That's very kind of you sir but I'll pay full price."

"Ya sure?"

"Yes its enough to know that we did a good deed," Frost said smiling, feeling great to know that he had helped a friend.

"That's really nice of you Frosten you have a good day," Mr. Glisten said heading back to work.

"You to sir," Ice and Frost said in unison.

"I'm glad we helped today big brother your so nice. I'm glad I have a great brother like you. I love you big brother," Ice said hugging her brother.

"And I'm glad I have such a great little sister like you. I love you to Ice, more than anything," Frost replied hugging his sister back.

"You two are just the sweetest siblings I've ever seen," Tundra said seeing the two get along so well.

"Hey Tundra were just finishing up, tell your mom Ice and I think she is a great cook."

Tundra laughed a little, "Will do. How are you Icelia?"

"I'm good I really enjoyed the meal thank you," Icelia responded.

Icelia than gave a nudge to her older brother and whispered into his ear, "You should ask her now."

Frost looked at his sister confused, "About wha... oh yea," Frost turned to Tundra and let out a deep breath, "Tundra I've been meaning to ask you this, if you would... I... I mean would you g...gah," he let out a deep breath, "would you like to go on a date with me," Frost finally said with his heart racing in his chest.

Tundra looked surprised by the the words Frost had just said, she was happy. Her own heart raced at the thought of being with a great guy like Frost. She thought of him as a really great guy and admired him from afar herself she never expected that he may have shared the same feelings. Her cheeks were red with blush.

"I would love to Frost," she said with a smile and hugged Frost, "where should we have this date?"

Icelia thought of a great idea, "Frost is a great cook how about our house for dinner?"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, does that sound okay Frost?"

Frost looked for words to say he was just happy that she said yes, "Uh as long as it's okay with your parents, yeah that's okay, Tuesdays good."

"Your such a gentlecolt Frost I'll be sure to ask," Tundra responded with a smile, "It's a date."

Frost paid the bill and him and his sister waved bye for the day to the Glistens thanking them for their wonderful service. They then proceeded to walk home.

"Today is a great day Ice I feel so happy to finally tell my feelings to Tundra," Frost said with high spirits.

"That's great brother she'll love your cooking."

"Yea but what should I make?"

Frost held his sister close to keep her warm from the cold snowfall that was picking up. The clouds were grey with weight ready to shower a storm. The two talked and laughed about the day and went home ending the day just how they started; just a block away from home.

Act End.

Author's Note:

Perfect just as I wanted it to be. A lot better from its first rough draft form I am glad I decided to go back and rewrite that.