• Published 3rd Oct 2013
  • 382 Views, 22 Comments

A Thespian's Pride. - Genesis Swift



Thespian Dark is the owner of a theatre known as the Dark Age Theatre and next week is its first anniversary. Thespian decides that this play be new and fresh for the special occasion.

  • ...
1
 22
 382

Act 4: Two forever together.

In my life I have had times where I was lost without direction no one to guide me but myself. I did things I am not proud of, but I am proud of the fact that my friends, my family, and a little bit of my true self helped me get pass those hardships. I am who I am today by picking myself up after falling off the edge; to continue climbing that cliff I fell off of is a purpose of mine. The past will trouble my future, have its own affects on the hear and now. What we have done is our burden to bare and while our friends can help us, we still must solve the problem in the end.

Out of nowhere you may think, see the world as I see it? Maybe this piece reflects on my own life via personal experience. Maybe this has nothing to do with the piece in itself.

Enough of that, it is not I that decides my fate, it is destiny itself that guides us all. The play shall go on for the actors have come so far and worked so hard. They are now in tune with their characters; as if in being them themselves. A stage is not needed for them to perform. This strikes my heart with many blows every time. This is more than just a job, it's a family.

I got up and stood there in front of everypony, and they waited for me to say something. At this time I realized this is the reason for my writers block on the final act; my very own family held the strings to this play write. I left behind so much when I moved out, so many incomplete tasks left to wander my mind, so many words that were left unsaid.

"I have decided that tomorrow we will all have a break, a chance to relax be with your families; have a day off."

They all looked at me in confusion, here I am telling them to take a day off when the play is five days from now.

I continued my speech, "I think it's best that we all are well rested and relaxed ourselves for this play to be perfect, I will have the final act to you all on the day after tomorrow."

They all gave their thanks on the way out of the theater and I just stood there. I locked up and left with the wind guiding me towards home.

"One ticket to Coeur d'emane please."

I was going home to finish all that I left.


The morning snow sparkled on the ground with the sun shining down on the day. Frost and Ice were staring out their living room window.

"Oh wow, big brother look its so pretty it's like the whole town was turned into crystal," Ice said nearly pressing her muzzle against the window in excitement.

"Yea Ice, it is the perfect day to go outside and enjoy the snow. Come on lets go and see what we can do to help with."

The two left their house properly equipped to handle the cold; Frost with his green scarf and black jacket, and Ice with her yellow scarf and light blue jacket. Immediately the two got to work and melted the ice on the walkways, and distributing the snow off the roof to places on the ground. All done with magic by the way.

They worked, played, and had fun all in the snow; making snowponies creating snow forts. As the two were finishing up in the snow Tundra came by.

"Wow, you two made this whole town look great, and made it safe too," she said looking around at the neatness of everything the snow was made into by the siblings.

Ice trotted up to Tundra giving her a hug, "It was all brothers idea we had so much fun."

"That's very kind of you and Frost," Tundra said picking up the filly in a hug, giggling along with her, "Still up for that date tomorrow Frost?"

Frost's cheeks glowed a bright red, "Of course I...I wouldn't miss it for the world," he tumbled over his words.

Tundra put Ice down, giggling towards Frost, "Okay then see you tomorrow I look forward to try out your cooking," she smiled and flew off.

Icelia sneezed which concerned Frost that she may have caught a cold. He quickly ran to her.

"Come on Ice lets warm back up inside for a bit," he said helping his sister walk home.

Entering their home Frost instantly went to make some warm drinks for him and his sister. By this time Ice had the snivels so Frost had gotten a box of tissues for her. He wanted to spend the rest of his day outside with his sister, she was so happy to be out there in the snow; he was afraid he let her down on enjoying the outside.

"I'm sorry Ice but with this cold I'm afraid it's not safe to be outside at the moment," he said concerned for his sisters health.

"It's okay brother I can have just as much fun with you right here," Ice perked up a smile for her brother.

The rest of the day was spent inside. Ice started feeling better in the later part of the day so it was a quick recovery. So Frost started making arrangements to decorate the house just for his sister. She helped pick the perfect places for the decor.

"So what are going to do for dinner tonight brother?"

"Well I think its probably best that we stay inside so I'll just cook," Frost responded with a smile.

"Thank you, I really like the decorations brother I'm glad you put them up this year."

"Oh Ice I'll put them up every year if you really want me to, they make the house a lot more lively anyways."

They had dinner and were ready for a brighter tomorrow. Frost thought once more about his family which was just Ice, she truly was his only family. Ice treated everyone as family everyone she knew. Frost realized that the relationships that you build with others makes them part of your family; he wasn't alone, he didn't just care about Ice he cared about everyone.


I woke up to the train stopping I was home. I got off the train headed straight towards my old house. I was going to clear up things that have been bothering me and in return I will feel better and this play will be better.

As I knocked on the front door I saw my cat hanging about outside. He was fat and adorable sometimes I wish I took him with me when I left, maybe I'll ask mom to take him back home. My mother wasn't the one who answered the door it was my older brother; who should of left the house before I did and yet he never did. I gave him a smile we were still family and all though he bothered the crap out of me when I was little I had no other choice but to put up with it and so I'll put up with him now.

"Hey bro I came to see mom she home?"

"What you want," he responded with a disgusted look on his face

"Okay this is how its gonna go you stay out of the way and don't ask questions and there's 20 bits in it for you," I said with an unamused expression.

Of course he took it for now but he'll bother me later. I entered my old home.

"I'm home!"

Act End.

Author's Note:

I wanted to have this chapter show that family is there whether you like it or not. But you create a family with the friends you have a bond you never lose. You can see this in the people you've known for years you don't live near them but you keep in contact with them they are family.